“A comfortable basic hotel.”
Review of City Club Hotel

City Club Hotel
Ranked #590 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed for two nights in March.

Within about fifteen minutes walk of the Muzeum metro station.

It is a very good but basic hotel. As we were only there for two nights we had quite a busy itinerary so literally used the hotel to shower off the days dust, sleep and breakfast (in a city like Prague you really don't want to be sitting in your hotel do you?).

The rooms were clean, the beds comfy and most importantly the shower was excellent!

Only slight fly in the ointment for me was the large group of students that were staying there also. It would appear that there are not as many seats in the dining room as there are guests in the hotel so it was slightly awkward having to hover and wait for a place to become available.

Breakfast was a typical European buffet and was very good.

In all i would recommend this hotel as a good place to crash after a splendid days sight-seeing, eating and drinking in a beautiful city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SiD11968

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We was booked into this hotel for 3 nights, before we left England, I e-mailed the hotel to ask whether they had hair dryers and a safe in the room, I did not hear anything, I again tried and still no reply.
On the day before we was due to depart for Prague I rung the hotel, I asked the girl who answered the phone why none of my e-mails where replied too, her answer was "I don't see the e-mails, it's all done by the hotel manager" after she finally answered my questions, I said I look forward to seeing you on Sunday afternoon.
When we arrived in Prague we was meet by our transfer, he was unable to find the hotel so stopped at a hotel called "Hotel City Central" he was given directions and off we went, (the hotel was only about 200yds up the road)
When we went inside we was meet by a receptionist that did not seem to interested in us, she informed us that we was being moved due to the hotel not having any water for 2 days, we was being moved to the hotel we stopped off at earlier.
I asked why no one thought to mention this to me having rung the hotel the day before the receptionist was rude and had a serious attitude.
I feel that most of the people working in hotels have a real problem with being helpful and polite, the receptionist in the other hotel we had been moved to also had the same attitude.
This is such a shame as Prague is a beautiful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milsie007
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

If you just need a room fairly close to town for a short stay this is fine. Don't expect anything in terms of customer experience. Staff see it as a chore to help.
The room was fine though. Clean and basic so did the job for a few nights.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is basic but does the job for a weekend.

Staff however were very rude and unhelpful.

One receptionist was mortified that she had to remove her headphones to call us a taxi and seemed generally uninterested in being at all helpful.

All in all, if you need somewhere to stay then it's not too bad for 25 euro per night but don't expect any help from the staff!

Watch out for taxi drivers in town, they generally pitched their prices at twice the going rate so be prepared to negotiate.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

old building, big room, breakfast include. We had 2 receptionists girls where just one was adeuqite (with curly hair) others..first they never look in your side, no smile nothing. You ask open question they answer the way as they make you favour (questions like "can I have the kettle in my room pls") they look on you the way as you their enemy. one day I asked the tea 9i drunk it before) the girl just gave me black tea thats all, I asked her can I chooce pls, can I have grog tea. She said they do not have it. When I found she said me "on english its straweberry tea" (on the tea bag written "grog wine tea") . absolutly unfriendly. You might do not care about it but we saw it not once in Prague. Especially young girls ..it make you do not wish go there any more. that's why actually we left Prague early for other country and did not go to Karlovi Vari. Terrible service in Prague.

Room Tip: do not speak with receptionist bc your mood with upset so in this case the quality of room won't...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed with 11 friends for a birthday weekend. Have been to Prague a few times so knew what to expect. Hotel was basic but functional. No bar, just a small reception area. Breakfast room was downstairs and small considering number of people staying ok if you like sausages and cabbage for breakfast, not my cup of tea. Rooms were big enough, mine had 4 beds in. Bathroom was small but had everything, very clean and comfortable but basic and old fashioned. Fine for a group of lads on the drink but would not take the wife here. 20 mins walk to Wensceslas Square down busy main road. Not bad through day but a bit dodgy at night. Cost anywhere from £6 for a taxi but beware at night they try to rip you off. All in all, ok for a lads trip but not for a nice weekend with partner.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Nice and clean hotel with good breakfast. 15 to 20 minutes walking from the old square of Prague. The room was good with a nice bed. There was no air condition in the room but it had a fan which was enough.
The only negative thing was the Internet. It was mentioned to have Internet in the share areas but do not count on it .

Room Tip: Not a good option If you need internet
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo