“Nice enough but no wifi in room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boutique Hotel Constans

Boutique Hotel Constans
Ranked #51 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Sydney
“Nice enough but no wifi in room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

I was here for only one night staying on the 5th floor in what felt like a huge apartment rather that a hotel room. Lovely views over the rooftops and very quiet. Hotel breakfast adequate but nothing special and evening meal in hotel restaurant again nothing remarkable. My one complaint is that I could not access wifi in my room and had to sit in the reception to get a good enough signal which was somewhat frustrating. Not really acceptable when all other places I stayed in Prague seemed to have cracked it.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
We are sorry about the wi-fi, we get some new routers in the whole hotel and the setup took us some time to provide 100% signal in all floors. We hope that when you will visit prague again you will choose our hotel again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Alright, here I am in Prague at this quaint hotel located smack dab in the center of the embassy district, which is just a quick walk to the castle and then across the river to "old town". The room is rather comfortable and has a large balcony and bathroom (room 34).

The breakfast buffet is satisfactory and provides enough sustenance to start off the day. The hotel's taxi service rates are very good and compare well with other taxis. Free wifi but no fitness room/center.

PS - the mattress was not that great but a rough and tumble guy like me like a soft mattress....

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DPS27
We are glad that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel, unfortunately we dont have enough space for any fitness or spa in here, but we hope you will choose our hotel again when you return to Prague.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I was charged over 140 USD (105 euros) - more than I paid for the room per night - for what I would consider one load of wash. I think that this price is exorbitant. I told Michal at the desk that I just wanted wash, dry and fold, no dry cleaning or ironing. When he wanted to count the clothing, I assumed he just wanted to make sure that everything would be returned to me. I never thought the price would be so high since I only paid 50 USD for two lunches and a dinner in the hotel! (I will add that I thought the restaurant food was good; the breakfast buffet was average at best.) When I emailed manager Michal Ficza about this, he arrogantly responded that I should have been aware of the prices as they were listed in the closet!

Contrary to other reviewers, my room (#52 attic room) was too small for a person of normal height and I kept bumping my head on the dormers. The room is only appropriate for someone five feet tall or shorter. I could not change rooms since the hotel was filled. Mr. Ficza's comment regarding the room was that no one else had had any complaints! I have worked in hotels for many years and there is always something that can be done to make a guest happy at virtually no cost to the hotel. If he had just taken 10 or 15 dollars off my laundry fee, all would have been forgiven. Scamming on laundry services is somewhat common in American hotels. I guess this hotel is so popular that they can ignore basic customer service.

Lastly, the location of the hotel is inconvenient to seeing most of Prague and the Charles bridge is a nightmare to cross with the hordes of tourists!

I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Bob2Davis
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

We spent a weekend in one of their apartments. Room was quite big, nice and cosy. Lange bathroom as well. Very good location. We liked it a lot.
Breakfast was quite standard for this type of hotel - limited variety for everyone to choose from.
The downside in my opinion was a waiter, who served us in the afternoon. I guess Czech was not his native language and he had problems understanding Slovak (which he did not expressed). That might be an explanation for bringing something else than we ordered, but there is no excuse for snobbish behavior (he kicked us from the table with the excuse that "it is prepared for the dinner already" before he even asked whether we want to eat something, he did not intended to bring us the menu, we had to go ask for it ... and we felt like he thinks that we do not belong in this restaurant)
On the other hand, the night shift receptionist was very welcoming and helpful.
I haven't noticed any extra services like spa or fitness, but it wasn't important for us anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a standard room, not the apartment in case you cannot use stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank evka18
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we are really sorry for the troubles with the waiter. We hope that next time when you will come to Prague you will choose our hotel again and you will find out that it was a current failure of the waiter.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel was like an osasis in the middle of otherwise tourist unfriendly Prague. Location could hardy be any better just a couple minutes walk from Chales' bridge and under the castle hill. Staff vere very nice and helpful. This hotel actually has a soul, it is not too big and is very cosy. Rooms on the other hand are enormous, you could probably fit entire average european hotel room just in the bathroom of hotel Constans it is sooo big. And it is also nice and clean. No more searching for hotels in Prague for me... I know where I'll be going next time!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Mephistro
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we are looking forward for your next visit.
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

At the last minute, we decided to drive to Prague for the weekend. A friend recommended this hotel and we were able to make a reservation while on the road. The hotel itself is near the US Embassy and cars entering the area are stopped and searched so be prepared. Once we arrived, we parked under the hotel and made our way to check-in. The room was HUGE for our family of four. The bathroom was equally as impressive. They was a nice set of toiletries on the counter and a coffee/tea maker in the room which was nice for a morning caffeine fix. Breakfast was fine and had the typical European breakfast fare. Location was great! It's near the castle and a short walk to the Charles Bridge. The neighborhood is more quaint than downtown and definitely quieter. In fact, we liked it enough to extend our stay to two nights. Unfortunately after we had confirmed with the night clerk a reservation for a second night, we were told the next morning, as we were heading out for sight seeing, that they in fact didn't have a room for us and we wouldn't be able to stay. So, we were left scrambling to pack up and get relocated. They were able to secure us a room at a hotel up the hill but it took a big part of our morning to move luggage, kids, car etc.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kstarkey
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this review, 27 January 2013
Thank you for the nice respond and we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Let me again apologize for the relocation and we hope that even with this complication you will choose our hotel again if you will come back to Czech.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

Excellent hotel in great location. Staff is friendly, helpful and skilled, breakfast is great and surrounding neighborhood is charming and close to main attractions. The room was large and convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Sasha0521
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that if you will visit Czech in future you will choose our hotel again.