“Worth staying there because of great location”
Review of Rott Hotel

Rott Hotel
Ranked #73 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 15 June 2009

We stayed in Rott for 4 days. It was very nice hotel with perfect location. It was so great when we had all historical places and monuments 5-10 minutes walk. The restaurants, bars, shops were everywhere around us.
The staff was very nice and helpful. If we wish they help us to go for the excursion or to a concert. The service was also ok. The room was cleaning two times a day and we found sweets and fruits on the table.
The room was ok with all necessary fittings. It wasn't charming but ok. I think that it would be perfect for older travelers.
The restaurant in hotel was good with tasty dishes and very good wine (including moravian wine). The brekfast was nice, we could chose something hot or cold to eat.
So if you want a hotel in Prague with perfect location and good service you should definitely choose Rott. I found there only two minuses:
First - it is close to Hard Rock Cafe. You don't hear music but you hear shouting people comes back to hotels after party in the middle of the night. It was litlle tired for me.
Second - hot water. In the evening you need wait about 10 minutes to have hot water. It is typical for old house so I don't worry much.
And finally they should change this terribly plastic shower handle!! It completely doesn't suit to all equipment in this room.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,579)

Reviewed 1 June 2009

Awesome hotel!! Great Location!! They were very accommodating and very nice. Great communication. Good English. Picked us up from the airport. Room was big and clean. Gave us free fruit and chocolates. It’s hard to explain how convenient the location of this hotel is. It is about a 2 minute walk to Old Town Square. It is about a 10 minute walk to Charles Bridge. Also, a 5 minute walk to Jewish Quarter. There are all kinds of restaurants, shops, shows, concerts, and bars minutes away. I would totally recommend this hotel and when I go back I wouldn’t stay anywhere else.

Reviewed 14 May 2009

I was looking for a good hotel in Prague for going with my sister, who was visiting us. I read all the reviews, and.... ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC HOTEL!!!
some comments - not in order of preference,
1. location: the best location ever, right next to the old town square. You can't be in a better place.
2. Service: friendly, helpful, very attentive, friendly, always available.
3. Rooms: my sister's comment "did you tell that we were on honeymoon to get this room?" it was at least 50sq m, gorgeous, great view, clean, the bed was fantastic, a toilet and a proper bathroom.... WOW...
4. Cleanliness: superb
5. breakfast: would not say it was the best i've ever had, but was good. I didn't mind at all that it was in a room on the -1 floor - they did do it really nicely.
6.would i recommend it? Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last note: all decoration & room design is very classic.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank piaccere
Reviewed 14 March 2009

Just returned from a visit in Hotel Rott. The location could not be more perfect. The rooms were very nice and clean. The breakfast was fine but again if you want a lie on at the weekends there is not alot of choice left. The hotel staff are mainly pleasant however on the day of check out the receptionist was a bit rude. Be aware if you book a taxi to the airport with the hotel it will cost 750 czk but if you just walk across the road to the rank (turn left, 2 mins on the right, on the edge of the square, beside white church) it only costs 500 max. I would highly recomend La Provence for a meal or the 3 stars on the way to the castle before st. nicolas church. Do not eat in 7 angels unless you want to be ripped off for what you get. overall great weekend in Prague and would deff go back to hotel Rott. If you're looking for a shopping centre, very nice 5 floors new centre where Celetna and Hybernska meet at Municipal House (where all the theatres are)

3  Thank sharon09Dublin
Reviewed 12 March 2009

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and again I wasn't disappointed. I booked a double room and don't think I was upgraded but the room was great...kingsize bed, plenty of room and among the cleanest accomodation I've ever used. Breakfast was a bit of a crush following a Sunday morning lie in - I think everyone had the same idea - but the rest of the week was fine. Plenty of choice and as much as you like.
The absolute winner with this hotel however is it's location - literally less than a minute from the old town square, 5 mins or so to the Charles bridge, 10 mins to Wenceslas square and if your feeling fit half an hour to the Castle or the funicular railway. In fact we didn't use public transport at all but we did have aching feet at the end of our holidy!

4  Thank theolddog
Reviewed 2 February 2009

My boyfriend and I visited Prague right after he came home from his second tour of Iraq. It was the perfect weekend getaway. We went right before Christmas and couldnt be more happier with the location of Hotel Rott. It is centrally located, right next to Old Town Square and within walking distance to pretty much all sites. The hotel itself was very nice, no complaints. Breakfast is in the cellar and was great as well. If we ever make it back to Prague, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank ljepotica
Reviewed 16 December 2008

Just returned from Hotel Rott, and we had a fantastic time. We have been to Prague 8 times and this was by far the best located hotel we have stayed in for the price.

It is located about 100 yards from the Astromonical Clock in the Heart of Old Town Square. Charles Bridge is 5 minutes and Wenclelas Sqaure about 10 minutes.

We stayed in a room on the first floor, and it was amazing with a huge chandalier in the bedroom.

Breaksfast was a good 'contenental' with lots of variety.

Definately recommended.