Hotel Slavia
US$95
US$93
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$140
US$323
US$265
Preferred Hotels
US$71
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I wanted a budget holiday in Prague and that's exactly what I got! I had looked at lots of other hotels but most of them were working out very expensive, so when I saw Hotel Slavia for only £117 for 2 people staying for 5 nights I booked straight away.
When we arrived the receptionist did not speak very good English, but what can you expect you're in another country really they should not have to speak our language! When I got to my room it was reasonably clean and spacious.

There are a few downsides to the rooms: 1. THEY ARE VERY VERY WARM! The first night I took a freezing cold shower before bed and woke up sweating several times so got virtually no sleep the first night, however I went to the supermarket the next morning and bought a cheap fan which did the job. 2. If you are travelling as a couple as I was you may get twin beds on opposite sides of the room which cannot be moved together!
However as I said before you can't really expect much more with such a cheap hotel!
Overall the hotel is great for the price you will pay for it. It is only a 5 minute walk from Tesco and a 2 minute walk from the tram station.

Only woke up for breakfast one morning out of the 5, it was included in the price but it was very basic so we just skipped breakfast and went to Mcdonalds for lunch most days (again only 5 minutes away and very cheap!)

I'd definitely recommened this hotel to young people looking for a cheap place to stay but who (like me) do not like the idea of sharing a room with several strangers in a hostel!

Room Tip: I chose a superior room for an extra £20 pounds which was a great idea because there was a safe in the room!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I booked this hotel because the one I always visit was full. A proper reception is highly important to me, so being received by an unfriendly staff wasn't the best first impression. People are allowed to smoke in the reception so you're also received by a lot of smoke. No curtain in the shower so the bathroom gets really messy after a shower. The hotel belongs to a sports facility so there are many young people playing / training and it wasn't uncommon to listen to them talking loud outside in the middle of the night, making it hard to catch sleep. Positives: the room was big, comfortable and a good buffet-breakfast was included in the price. It is easy to reach despite its location far away from the city center. However, I don't think I'll go back there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hprog
Reviewed 30 May 2012

From what I read in the previews I knew what to expect from the hotel (I think this is the first step that you need to do before you decide which hotel you want or not want to stay). The hotel is situated in a quiet area of Prague, full of greenery. Do not expect anything spectacular from the hotel which was built in 1973! However, the hotel is at a satisfactory level of hygiene, towels are changed daily breakfast satisfies even the level of 3 star hotel. It is a buffet breakfast that is uniform but satisfies all the criteria (muesli, yoghurt, tea, coffee, juice, water, cured meats, cheese, butter, jam, hot dogs and sausages). There is no safety box in rooms an dno
Staff at the hotel was totally cold and unfriendly, no help from them. Someone wrote that the tram stations away! On the contrary, Hotel is located next to the tram, number 24 of which goes directly into the center of Prague 20 min. Otherwise, the public transport in Prague is very good. An accurate and reliable. A wonderful Italian restaurant Topo Mascia is located near the hotel, street Vršovička 80 (street on which the moving tram).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

we stayed 5 days in this hotel. the rooms are poor, it looks like a cheap motel inside. nothing is new in the hotel. the good part is that is very quiet and acceptable clean. it is situated in a large park full of football and tennis fields and an olympic pool. it is 3 minutes far from the stadium of slavia praga, and 5 minutel to a medium mall with an tesco super marker. the best part is that, unless the hotel is a bit far from the center, from the very front of the hotel the bus and tram leaves. you can get in the historic center within 15 minutes. it is a quiet neibourhood with schools and restaurants. we felt very secure there because the police were everywhere.

it is a nice hotel for some days in prague, but only if you don't stay inside very long :)

Room Tip: i think all rooms are the same, those at the first floor sure are the same
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kelu2001
Reviewed 15 March 2012

hotel is far from the town and far from the tram station. breakfast same. ham, chees and jam, nothing else. poor. clean rooms and bathrooms. free internet in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends