“You need nothing more than that”

Hotel U Zlateho Stromu
Ranked #203 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“You need nothing more than that”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights in Prague and we loved it because of the beauty of the city, and the perfect location of the hotel. Just infront of Charles Bridge and 5 minutes walk to Old Town Square (where the astronomical clock and Týn Church are located). A further 10 minutes walk leads you to Wenceslas Square where the shopping is.

The hotel is very clean and antique with a Bohemian interior style. Staff are very helpfull and always smiling. They gave us Prague's map again and again and again and everytime we asked for one. They were also nice enought to print my flight boarding passes at 4 am.

The hotel also hosts one of the best clubs in town and that was great not having to worry about walking to the hotel late at night. However, the streets infront of the hotel and Charles Bridge are always crowded with people 24 hours.

The only drawback was that the rooms has no A/C, only a heater for the winter time and a fan so in Summer (we were there in August), either you close the window but you're gonna sleep in a hot room, or open the windows and enjoy the noise. Despite that, its bareable and sleep quality was oOK (although my wife didn't like the big flat pillows on bed, I did)

I recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Prague for the first time and advise to book a room facing the street where you can see Charles Bridge from the window.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the street where you can see Charles Bridge from the window.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Michal M, Manažer at Hotel U Zlateho Stromu, responded to this review, 8 February 2015
Dear MohammedElAshram,

Thank you very much for your post and the time you spent on it. I’m excited by your comments concerning the decoration in our hotel rooms and the quality of our staff, while at the same time we are continually trying to improve the quality of our customer service.
And your description of downtown is fantastic and will surely be helpful for our future guests.

Yours Sicerely,

Daniel Holan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Having previously spent 4 nights elsewhere in Prague back in November 2012, my husband and I came across the U Zlateho Stromu Bar while deciding on where to eat and have a few drinks. We loved the location; 15 seconds walk to Charles Bridge. The food was lovely, the cocktails were great and there was a nice chilled atmosphere. We learned during our visit that the U Zlateho Stromu, was also a hotel; we quickly decided that we would like to come back in the summer months to this hotel.

True to our word we booked. Although we had a lovely time in the bar, we were hoping that the hotel lived up to our expectations too.

Well we have just spent a wonderful 4 nights break at the Hotel U Zlateho Stromu.

I purposely requested a room facing the street, because I wanted to take advantage of the views of the Charles Bridge, and the beautiful clean cobbled streets. Yes it was noisy at night, which we experienced on the first night as we had our windows wide open; this you have to fully expect since you are located on a main route, and that because the hotel has a music club (Night club) in the lower levels, people were leaving at all hours. All we did was close the windows at night put on the fan provided to keep us cool...and magic, the noise is gone.

The rooms and communal areas were sympathetically decorated in keeping with the building, we especially liked the pretty ceiling decoration, it really made such a difference to the room and the proportions of the rooms were great too. Just a really lovely clean hotel with the most friendliest and helpful staff.

Thank you all at Hotel U Zlateho Stromu, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you. see you again soon :0)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TabbyC2013
Dear TabbyC2013,
I was extremely pleased to read your comments, and I want to thank you. I am very pleased that the cleanliness and atmosphere of our hotel and the quality of our restaurant and employees made an impression on you. Your comments are proof for me, that our chosen management style is the right one. We look forward to welcoming you here again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The location of the hotel is well placed, very close to the picturesque Charles Bridge. Very close to everything you need, restaurants and clubs. Helpful and friendly staff, clean and beautiful rooms. It is very noisy during night time, but this is due to the fact that your are close to all Prague has to offer, so its a positive rather than a negative!!!! Will definitely go back if I visit Prague again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gerrie L
Michal M, Manažer at Hotel U Zlateho Stromu, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Gerrie L,

Thank you for your recent review on our Tripadvisor Page!

I am so pleased to read that overall you have had a wonderful stay at Hotel U Zlateho stromu. We strive to provide a perfect stay to all of our guests, and it sounds like in this situation we have hit all of the right high notes.

I hope to welcome you back to Hotel U Zlateho stromu!

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located right next to the Charles bridge. This means that there are alot of tourists around and things happening 24/7. Our first night was in a room facing the street, which was horrible. The second day we asked for a change and got a room facing the garden instead. This was much better and the rest of the stay was a success. The service is great and the staff very helpful.

If you are looking for a central hotel in Prague I would recommend this one! If you are looking for a calm and quiet stay you should probably keep looking!

Dear erkkii,
I would like to thank you for your feedback and want to apologize to you for any inconvenience at your stay. Our hotel is located right at the heart of our beautiful city and a noisier environment is unfortunately the price we pay for the excellent location. Also I’m glad by your comment concerning the quality of our staff and we look forward to welcoming you here again in the near future

Yours Sicerely,

Cape Town
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is a few meters from Charles bridge,thus a very good location. But rather opt for a room facing the roofs at the back if you want ANY sleep. Rooms facing the street do not have any means to block to sounds from the street and 3 am noises are no fun.... Hotel is pretty. Staff are very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KarenE0
Dear KarenE0,
Thank you very much for your post and the time you spent on it. I’m very glad that you liked our hotel and the quality of our staff. I am also glad even for your observations concerning the night life on the street. A bit noisier environment is unfortunately the price we pay for the excellent location of our hotel. I hope to welcome you again soon to our hotel.

Ronnenberg, Germany
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Absolutely friendly and helpful stuff, especially attentive while serving the breakfast, quiet comfortable suite where we slept excellent. Delicious breakfast for a good start into the day. And near to all nice places.

Room Tip: Take a suite on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michal M, Manager at Hotel U Zlateho Stromu, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Ti N,

Zlaty Strom would like to thank you for your positive feedback. Our team really appreciates your comments on our service, breakfast quality and overall ambiance. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, showing that we are on the right track to achieving our main goal – making our customers happy. We hope to welcome you again to Zlaty Strom in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

As the previous hotel (Hotel U Prince) where I stayed was fully booked when I decided to extend my booking, I was recommended their sister property: Hotel U Zlateho Stromu.
I was told that it is a smaller and bit different hotel, and based on my stay at Hotel U Prince I gladly took their recommendation. I had no doubts, it will another great experience. And must tell, that I was not disappointed at all.
The hotel itself is situated on Karlova Street – this is the street which leads straight to the world famous Charles Bridge. Hotel U Zlateho Stromu is the nearest hotel to the bridge. Splendid location for all kinds of visitors.
Upon arriving to the reception area I noticed the wonderful hand painted beams of the ceiling. I have never seen such thing and found it so stunning, and such a marvellous feature.
So I asked a member of the team whether any of their rooms have hand painted ceilings or it’s at the reception area only. And they do!!!! Every room and floor has its own unique design. Couldn’t have been more excited.
My room which was just a floor above Reception was facing to the front had an amazing and very unique painting on the wooden ceiling – it was the star signs which very nicely echoed the Astronomical Clock of the Old Town Square. My room was facing to the street front of the hotel, and opposite there was the side of a church. The bed was nicely set up and the space for my things was plenty. The bathroom was very functional and well built. Had a great monochrome design, and showcased amazing functionality. Every corner of the room was cleaned to perfection.
Even there is no A/C unit the fan you can find in the room, not just stylish, it works excellently well. There is a music club in the basement in the building but it did not disturb my sleep at all and I like sleeping at opened windows.
I woke in the morning and boy! What a start of the day! Painted ceiling, copper fan, red and pink geraniums in my window, opposite the side of a church and on my left there is Charles Bridge. Without a doubt this must be the most romantic little hotel. Just like in fairy tales. Absolutely beautiful! I imagined knights trotting on the streets, priests hurrying to the morning mass in the church where noble ladies and lords are waiting.. the street view early in the morning was exactly I imagined it when I was a child..
So it was time for breakfast. Plenty of choices and the team gave me the Gluten free bread after confirming my room number. The buffet breakfast offered a wide variety of options. And when I –rather carelessly - picked up some local sausages, Daniel (member of staff during breakfast) told me he will check with the chef if it safe for me. I am so thankful for him and for his attention towards his guests! He truly made my day by looking out for me. After a minute he left me he came back that the chef confirmed it is gluten free. What a relief it was, coz they were delicious!
Reception was helpful and they were ready to assist with any requests from directions, recommending indoor golf sites, finding a bottle opener to helping my phone to get recharged – I was so amazed by Prague that I completely forgot to buy a replacement charger.
In the evening, I tried the restaurant outside. The light green chairs of the outside restaurant are inviting as it was very difficult to find a table in the buzzing restaurant. The place featured a similar menu with pictures just like Hotel U Prince.I opted for the steak, and must say it was a great choice. And the outside seatings are the best way to absorb the vibrant atmosphere of the area.
Would I recommend it? Yes.
Will I come back? I am already planning it.

Room Tip: Great for city break, romantic mini-moon, or anyone who liked historic stories when growing up. Exc...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Anett K
Dear Anett K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of Hotel U Zlateho stromu on this website.

I was very pleased to read that there were so many positive aspects to your stay, and that our team was able to contribute to a great experience for you. I am delighted that you found our location to be so convenient.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again to Hotel U Zlateho stromu.