“Two sleepless nights in two terrible rooms”

Hotel Suite Home Prague
Ranked #114 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I'm sorry to say we had an awful two nights at Hotel Suite Home. For our first night, we were placed in room 102. It had an air conditioning unit that sat on the floor and had an exhaust tube which was supposed to lead out a hole in the window. We arrived at night, and the shades were drawn, so I just assumed everything was in working order. After having turned it on, the room only got hotter. And hotter. Finally in the middle of the night I examined the unit only to discover it had never been attached to the window and had no locking mechanism. I carefully placed the exhaust hose to the hole, thinking I had solved the problem. But the unit continued to expel hot air, making our room stiflingly hot. Finally, we had to turn it off and open the windows, and as we were on the first floor, this meant a bright and early wake up call at 5:00 AM from street traffic below.

When I complained to the front desk the next morning, the employee was very apologetic. I requested a room transfer and a refund for our first night. He was willing to provide the transfer but not the refund, but we were promised that our room would be substantially upgraded to make up for it.

Instead, our new room, 505 (I think), while huge, was no better than the last. It had one air conditioning unit for the entire space, which was absurdly placed in the hallway, leaving us sweltering in the bed room.

Upon entering the room, we immediately noticed an incredibly loud buzzing intermittently, about every 5 minutes or so. This buzzing was so loud my wife thought it was the lift. We weren't sure where it was coming from at first, so I again complained to the front desk and was told, incorrectly, that it was coming from the hallway and the hotel's air conditioning. The employee did not come to check whether this was accurate.

And it wasn't. There was electric wiring in the kitchen from which this buzzing was being emitted. After having tried to turn off the refrigerator and any other appliances which might be causing the noise, at 3:00AM I had to resort to turning off all the fuses in the room, leaving us completely without power. Only then did the buzzing stop. Although this room was described as an upgrade, it was anything but. There was one TV, in the sitting room rather than in the bedroom. The sofa in the sitting room was so tightly stuffed that it felt like it was actively discouraging anyone from sitting on it. Yes, the room was huge, but it was entirely wasted space and could not have been organized more inefficiently.

While the staff were friendly, my overall experience was that they were friendly but incompetent, unaware of the many problems present in the hotel's various rooms. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone, much less consider staying there again. Next time we visit Prague, I will either use Airbnb or simply pay more money to stay in a decent hotel. Never again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 102 and 505 at all costs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaneACollins
SuiteHomePrague, General Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Mr. Collins,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review. We value both positive and negative feedback from our guests, as this is the only way to ensure continuous growth and development. Our goal is to make sure that all guests feel like home because we are family hotel.
I have investigated about the situation and my colleagues explained me that after first night you asked reception if it is possible to move to another room due to noise from the street. We immediately arranged for you free upgrade from Standard room to one of our best rooms - DeLuxe Suite with Prague Castle view #505. Unfortunately we were not informed about any problem on AC unit. Our reception is 24 hours so if you would call them immediately they might help you straightaway.
Housekeeper who was preparing room 102 for another customer realized the AC unit cover is not opened so she only opened it. Yes, the technical problem can happen in any hotel but we try to provide immediate solution when we are informed.
My colleague Jarda meets you in front of your room when he was controlling the hotel during his shift. You approach him on the corridor and asked about the buzzing noise. He said it is probably AC and you replied that it is OK. Because you did not invite him in your room and you mentioned it is OK he had impression all is fine. We cooperate with all our team members more than 1 year I can fully rely on their professionalism and can do attitude. I am sure that if you mention to Jarda that there is problem he would take immediate action. I will speak with the team on regular meeting again to make sure we try to avoid this situation in the future.
I definitely fully understand your points and I believe the situation can be easily solved with more clear communication. Please accept my sincere apology for your not entirely pleasant experience in our hotel. I'm deeply sorry and surprised you would rate our hotel so low and you did not mentioned if there were some positives about our services – complimentary buffet breakfast or speed of free WIFI.
If you wish to give us one more chance I would be more than happy to assist you with any further questions. My direct e-mail is director@hotelsuitehomeprague.com

All the best, Martina Lazarova, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hotel Suite Home Prague

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great locations, clean rooms and excellent breakfast. There was man in reception/breakfast who name was Jaroslav and he was very helpfull, friendly and expert of Praque. He help us all what our group need.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SuiteHomePrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Kimmo,

first of all I would like to thank you for your nice review about your stay via Tripadvisor. We really appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We are glad you found our staff helpful and friendly. I will tell this compliment to Jaroslav :)

Thank you once again for sharing your excellent experience with other travelers.

We hope to welcome you back again at our hotel. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel/apartments, the staff couldn't have been any better , they done their jobs to a high standard, the breakfast was substantial and we always got a seat in the breakfast room even though it is small. Our room (503) was perfect for our family of 3 , the kitchen area had everything needed if you want to cook in the room . I would recommend this to family and friends and would stay here again if I return to Prague.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Deanne,

thank you very much for your nice review regarding to your stay with us. We really appreciate it! We are happy to see your overall satisfaction. We are glad you had a lovely stay in Prague.

Thank you once again for sharing your excellent experience and for recommending us to your friends.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We couldn't have a better luck finding this place in a middle of thunderstorm. It feels like home. Great place for staying and walking around picturesque Prague. Pubs restaurants beer places are nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014
SuiteHomePrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Swietor,

I would like to thank you for your comment regarding to your stay with us. We really appreciate it! We are glad that you found us in the middle of thunderstorm :) and that you felt like at home with us.

Thank you again for sharing your reveiw with other travelers.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a gem of a place. We stayed there with three kids. THe rooms were HUGE! The front desk is staffed 24 hrs. The best part for sure was the breakfast! It was amazing!! Front desk staff was very very helpful as well. The location is a little walk to the center of old town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you this nice comment via Tripadvisor. We really appreciate it! We are happy to see your overall satisfaction with services at our hotel. Your feedback shows us that we are going a right way as a team.

Thank you again for sharing your excellent reveiw.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a wonderful apartment. We had a fully equipped kitchen,bedroom with lots of storage space and a living room with a terrific view. The included breakfast was very good and had everything any body needs.The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our stay here was extremely enjoyable and relaxing. We were about a 10 - 15 min walk to the old town but if you wanted transportation, the tram is a block away.The # 22 will take you there. We would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for your comment via Tripadvisor. We really appreciate it! We are happy to see your overall satisfaction regarding to your stay.
Thank you also for recommending our hotel to other travelers!

We hope we will see you again at our hotel. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great location, it is close to the main tourist attractions(walking distance). The staff was very friendly, the apartment was clean and very big, with two bathrooms, the kitchen had all you needed. The view from the roof was beautiful. It is the perfect hotel for families, couples or a group of friends. Breakfast was ok, you could ask for eggs, coffee was great, service was good. Wifi worked great.

Room Tip: Rooms on the last floor have access to the roof, from where the view is spectacular.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SuiteHomePrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Veronica,

thank you very much for your nice review about your stay with us. We really appreciate it! We are happy to see your overall satisfaction - with location, room, breakfast and also with our staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Prague.

Thank you again for your feedback. I´m sure it will also helps to other travellers.

We hope to welcome you back again. Have a nice day.