I'm sorry to say we had an awful two nights at Hotel Suite Home. For our first night, we were placed in room 102. It had an air conditioning unit that sat on the floor and had an exhaust tube which was supposed to lead out a hole in the window. We arrived at night, and the shades were drawn, so I just assumed everything was in working order. After having turned it on, the room only got hotter. And hotter. Finally in the middle of the night I examined the unit only to discover it had never been attached to the window and had no locking mechanism. I carefully placed the exhaust hose to the hole, thinking I had solved the problem. But the unit continued to expel hot air, making our room stiflingly hot. Finally, we had to turn it off and open the windows, and as we were on the first floor, this meant a bright and early wake up call at 5:00 AM from street traffic below.
When I complained to the front desk the next morning, the employee was very apologetic. I requested a room transfer and a refund for our first night. He was willing to provide the transfer but not the refund, but we were promised that our room would be substantially upgraded to make up for it.
Instead, our new room, 505 (I think), while huge, was no better than the last. It had one air conditioning unit for the entire space, which was absurdly placed in the hallway, leaving us sweltering in the bed room.
Upon entering the room, we immediately noticed an incredibly loud buzzing intermittently, about every 5 minutes or so. This buzzing was so loud my wife thought it was the lift. We weren't sure where it was coming from at first, so I again complained to the front desk and was told, incorrectly, that it was coming from the hallway and the hotel's air conditioning. The employee did not come to check whether this was accurate.
And it wasn't. There was electric wiring in the kitchen from which this buzzing was being emitted. After having tried to turn off the refrigerator and any other appliances which might be causing the noise, at 3:00AM I had to resort to turning off all the fuses in the room, leaving us completely without power. Only then did the buzzing stop. Although this room was described as an upgrade, it was anything but. There was one TV, in the sitting room rather than in the bedroom. The sofa in the sitting room was so tightly stuffed that it felt like it was actively discouraging anyone from sitting on it. Yes, the room was huge, but it was entirely wasted space and could not have been organized more inefficiently.
While the staff were friendly, my overall experience was that they were friendly but incompetent, unaware of the many problems present in the hotel's various rooms. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone, much less consider staying there again. Next time we visit Prague, I will either use Airbnb or simply pay more money to stay in a decent hotel. Never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Suite Home Prague is a beautiful 4* family hotel situated directly in the city centre of Prague, just a few steps from the Wenceslas Square.What makes Hotel Suite Home Prague special? Accommodation in large suites for the price of a standard room Suites includes luxury fully equipped kitchen and exclusive style furniture Perfect location with easy access to the historical centre of Prague Great for families - suites with capacity up to 8 people in range from 37mq to 120mq Complimentary buffet breakfast Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas and rooms Complimentary Tea & Coffee making facilities Welcome drink in our Spa Beer land for direct reservations Pillow program Special prices for families Complimentary large BOTTLE OF WATER and VIP CHOCOLATE present upon arrival in your room only with direct booking via our web WE ARE BABY FRIENDLY: baby cots, baby beddings, cosmetics, high breakfast chairs, bath sets BEER SPA Beerland - unlimited consumption of beer when ordering any treatments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Suite Home Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suitehome Residence Apartments Prague
- Suitehome Residence Apartments Hotel Prague