“Unforgetable!!”

Ranked #48 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Perth WA
“Unforgetable!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was absolutely amazing. The staff were fantastic and after being in small rooms throughout the rest of Europe this room was pure luxury. Very central to everything, especially the Christmas markets. We also arrived extremely early as our flight got in early and the staff could not do enough to help us, we went for a coffee in the cafe and when we came back our room was ready. Would definitely recommend staying here, and hope to go back one day, (without the kids ;-)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GypsieKeeks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

On my first visit to the beautiful city of Prague, I found myself staying at the Art Deco Imperial Hotel quite by accident. I had orignally booked a 3 night stay in the ultra modern Majestic Plaza Hotel, which is just a stones throw away on nearby Stepanska but on my arrival I was told that the hotel was overbooked and I was offered a transfer to the Art Deco Imperial.

Once I saw the Imperial I was so glad that my journey had brought me here as it was by far a more luxurious and superior hotel to the Majestic. It has all the old world charm of the Czech Republic with a style and sophistication rarely seen in todays modern hotels. I could not fault a thing about it as the staff, service, food and rooms were more than worthy of it's 4 star rating.

If you are ever fortunate enough to find yourself in the beautiful Czech capital, see if they have any rooms available at the Art Deco Imperial.... you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are sound proof and have huge blackout curtains which all contribute to a good nights slee...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Glen1969
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hotel is lovely the decoration and the quality. The hotel is in a great location and when you book ask for a corner room as the these ones are bigger. Service and standard of this place is excellent.The city of Prague is amazing and very beautiful. The food is mouth watering especially the french onion soup

Room Tip: Book the corner rooms they are much bigger
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a 3 night stay.
We have stayed at many hotels across the world and this was certainly not comparable to other 5* hotels. We chose this hotel based on previous TripAdvisor reviews and were disappointed.

First impressions weren't great. We arrived at the hotel to be told we couldn't check in due to 'electrical problems' and would need to check in at the Hilton hotel across the road for one night until it was fixed. We went back the next day and asked to check-in, (as we now had no room to put our things away safely after needing to check out of the Hilton) but were told our room was not made up and we would have to come back after 3pm... if we had booked and paid for the previous night and the electrical problems were resolved that morning, we should have been able to check in earlier than 3pm!
Breakfast was very disappointing - only one previous poster has pointed out that breakfast time is exceptionally busy and that is no understatement. Compared to the Hilton's breakfast on our first morning this was chaos! We went twice and found on both occasions breakfast items were not replenished quickly enough, and stopped being replenished at 10 despite breakfast ending at 10.30.
Dinner at the Imperial restaurant however was beautiful - food was amazing and extremely cheap for the standard. Waiters were lovely and couldn't do enough for us.
Other points to note: the hotel bar did not open until 3pm even for soft drinks - if you wanted to sit and relax with a coffee and your guidebook/map you had to go into the restarurant.
No free wifi.
Location was OK, as a plus there are lots of lovely restaurants very nearby which did very nice food (cheap too!)
Room was lovely, very clean and wonderful art deco touches. Bathroom was nice, although the bath was exceptionally high (I am 5'4) I struggled trying to get out of the bath safely and severely bruised my leg on the edge of the hard tiled corner.
If you are after character and/or history this is your hotel, if you want good service and R&R then choose somewhere else

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChrissieJ27
BlankaAtImperial, Director of Sales at Art Deco Hotel Imperial, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am sorry a technical issue spoilt the start of your stay, but some situations may not be foreseen. I am glad you at least enjoyed the complimentary dinner we provided as a compensation. Should you like to return to Prague, do not hesitate to contact me directly for a special favour on the rate!
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Location: easy walking to all the major sights, a huge shopping mall 5 minutes away.
Comfort: fantastic go the bigger rooms which are really comfy and well laid out
Staff: really friendly and professional.
Food: The breakfast was great lots of choice, we had two evening meals there which were superb and the staff really did everything to make it a good experience.
Overall: a lovely hotel and I would certainly go back again the art deco features were simply stunning and Prague lived up to all the expectations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

From the moment we stepped through the doors to our leaving, our stay was a joy. All the staff were friendly and helpful and we could not have been made more comfortable. Any help we needed was keenly given and we could enjoy the beautiful city of Prague as a result.
Breakfast was everything you could wish for. From freshly made omelettes to make your own muesli - it was all there.
The hotel itself was a beautiful example of art deco and any fan should endeavour to visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mudgiedutch
BlankaAtImperial, Director of Sales at Art Deco Hotel Imperial, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I am glad you had a good time. The sun was lovely and it was also very mild for this time of year. I am hoping to have you back with us one day!
Happy Easter!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I understand that everyone has different experiences when travelling and was very disappointed to read Joshua from Brisbane's review of this hotel. I stayed here for 4 nights in Februrary and was absolutely delighted with the hotel and unlike him I am very fussy with accommodation.

We got an extraordinarily cheap package deal through Wizz Air and because the price we paid was so low I was actaully worried about what we were going to end up with (my friend booked it). What we did end up with was a 4-5 star hotel in a fabulous location with a lovely restaurant (great breakfast, caters for all tastes) and ornately decorated rooms and halls.

I only agree with him on two points, the first is the rooms are very warm (and we were there in Winter) but there is cooling/air con in the room so if you get warm turn it on as we did and you should be fine and te baths are very deep/high and not that easy to get out of but I am short and still managed ok.

The staff are friendly enough, they ackwonledged us each time we came in and out of the hotel and although I am big on service this was enough for me, I understand the culture of the Czech people is not fall over themselves to help but to be of assistance when required.

I would definitely definitely recommend this hotel, I could not believe how cheap it was considering what we got for our money. I am used to paying upwards of $300-500 a night for hotels so this gave me an idea that you don't always have to pay through the nose to have a great experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends