“One of the Best Hotels I have stayed in”

Art Deco Hotel Imperial
Ranked #48 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Cambridge
“One of the Best Hotels I have stayed in”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed in the Art Deco on the way to our Mountain holiday in the Giant Mountains.
My wife booked this as a surprise and it was booked as a luxury hotel and it ticked all the boxes for this.
The welcome was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were exceptional, we also had a Nanny booked who was introduced by the concierge and she had all her UK qualifications with her.
We ate in the hotel and the food also lived up to expectations and we also had a visit from Zdenek Pohlreich the Czech equivalent of Gordon Ramsey. Zdenek is the Head Chef at the Art Deco Cafe.
The breakfast was buffet but extremely good quality.
We have visited top hotels and restaurants before with our little one but this was one of the best.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Oslo
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The hotel was just next to all the major sights, within walking distance of Karls bridge, old town hall, Tyn Cathedral and Palladium ( Huge shopping mall with more than 200 stores).

Intimate and cozy reception with small businesscenter, wifi in the lobby and in the bar.

We booked a Hotel car from the airport and the trip to the hotel went smooth and efficient, check in was efficient and friendly, the rooms were spacious and comfortable (excellent bed!!) Breakfast was elaborate ( american style pancakes, choose your stack) and housekeeping was EXCELLENT! Lovely bathrooms, in room safe with space for most laptops.

I travel alot and I can really reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I lived in Prague for 10 years and i still love this city the most. Everytime i pay a visit i book Art Deco Imperial. There are three simple reasons: 1) service and style 2) perfect cuisine of Mr. Pohlreich (the czech chef celebrity - well deserved!) 3) location... Last time i enjoyed a beautiful weekend with my wife (celebrating her birthday) and that is why im writing this recommendation :) There is nothing more to say, you just have to experience it on your own!

Room Tip: pick the 4th floor, there is a splendid view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
BlankaAtImperial, Director of Sales at Art Deco Hotel Imperial, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Dear Josef, we are honoured by your note. I am also very excited to let you know Cafe Imperial was voted among top 10 restaurants in the Czech republic by food critics organised by Hospodarske Noviny newspaper.
Lisbon
Reviewed 5 June 2012

A very nice hotel, with a outstanding restaurant: the “Imperial Café” covered with beautiful art déco ceramic plaques. Extremely central to the hotel lacks however greater public areas. By the opposite the room (standart) was very well furnish, comfortable and careful clean. It’s major asset is, with no doubt, it’s staff. The concierge service is one of the best that I work with; we can really trust on all there suggestions, the reception staff could not be nicer to assist you. All made a most enjoyable stay in Prag.

Room Tip: We have stay at the 5th floor, extremly quiet.
Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We chose this hotel based on the reviews.

Good: very good location. It is within walking distances of the Old Town Square, theatres (great to walk back to hotel after performances without having to worry about taxis), Charles Bridge and we even walked to Prague Castle. We did a lot of walking - a great way of seeing Prague. The hotel decorations were very beautiful art deco - as commented by most of reviewers. Our room was in the back of the hotel so very quiet. The trams in the front were convenient. We bought a 24 hour ticket and travelled one day on 7 different trams to see the outer suburbs - it was an excellent value.

Average: our room appeared to be smaller than hotel rooms in other cities. This could be typical of hotel rooms in Europek in general. The bed was double, not king. We found the mattress to be uncomfortable, pillows not soft & fluffy, duvet small. Water pressures in shower OK, not strong. Towels were average and a bit thin. Nothing special about breakfasts, buffet style, fruit not too fresh. Toilet flushed OK but tended to run / leak a little.

Despite the above average comments, this hotel is probably better than others in Prague?

1 Thank hotelreviews06
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is the first review I have ever written about a hotel in Europe. And I write it before even setting eyes on the hotel itself.

We have been planning a river trip in Europe for a long time. As such, I want it to be enjoyable, especially for my wife. Like you, I've read a number of online reviews of the hotel to see if it was the kind of place we would like. We are "into architecture," so I thought this would be a perfect fit for us.

We live in a busy world, and I wanted to make sure that we have a room with a view, but far enough away from the street to avoid road noise. Earlier reviews suggested Room 504, so I sent an email to the hotel to see if it was available. I also asked if the hotel could arrange for flowers to be sent to the room before we arrive (a suprise and treat for my wife).

The hotel was prompt in sending a reply that it would arrange for the specific room I had requested and gave me a list of prices for the flowers. I can tell from the tone and promptness of the responses that this is a place that caters to its guests and wants them to have a great experience.

We are nine days away from actually seeing the hotel. I look forward to meeting the concierge (Vaclav) in person and enjoying our time at the Imperial.

Regards,Gene Elerding

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Parma, Italy
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Art Deco is not only Czech must, is an absolute outstanding neverending experience!The staff professionality follows and perfectly supports all of your needs and wishes not only for the stay, but anytime after...and I can prove it!!!Was looking (desperately) for an info about an art shop in Prague Old Town...impossible to be found on the net...just remembering the location...but who to ask for???Google maps wasn't giving any good info, so I tried contacting the Art Deco hotel staff, since they were so kind during our last stay last year...my last chance, was the best demonstration ever of customer support: Jan Visek, Art Deco Sales Manager, personally took care of the thing, checking and giving me all of the feedbacks I could ever need, allowing me to get in contact and succesfully get my goal!!!Couldn't believe all of the amazingly kind and precious support he gave me!!!!Means simply that they know how to take care of their customers, as they are and will ever be Art Deco Customers, not simple ones, much much more....Thank you so much again, Jan: guess you will host us again definitely and lot more people I know in the future!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
JanVisek, Manager at Art Deco Hotel Imperial, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Pier,

thank you very much for your beautiful review. It really was my pleasure to help you. It would be great to welcome you in our beautiful hotel again! Best Regards, Jan