“Great value”

Ranked #48 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Sydney, Australia
“Great value”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here due to the fantastic interior decorations and we're not disappointed. The restaurant is just amazing! The room was very large with a superb bathroom. We were in an attic room so had a roof window. Very comfortable bed and service was excellent.

Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Mexico
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great location, within walking distance from the Old Town and Republik Square and train station too. The design and decoration is quite interesting and with an 'imperial atmosphere', very suitable for the location. The room was very nice and comfortable, tea and coffee making facilities and free Wifi. The bathroom had a floor heating system which was quite enjoyable, but the tub was a little difficult to get in and out, just be careful.

Very abundant and varied breakfast, really tasty bread and fabulous potatoes. Try the hand-made jam, delicious! Nice, helpful and friendly staff, great concierge service, front desk and restaurant, helpful and really kind.

When in Prague, The Art Deco Imperial is the place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were impressed with the hotel when we first walked in and it only got better from there. The hotel has been renovated with gorgeous high ceilings and lovely chandelier. Our room was large with a marble bathroom that had a bidet and deep tub. The restaurant breakfast buffet was very comprehensive and we certainly enjoyed it. Dinner in the evening was equally impressive.
Now for the best part - the staff is the finest I have experience thru my many travels. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. I inadvertently left some jewelry in my room when we had a very early morning check out. Not only did the staff find it, they researched the best way to send it to me and promptly mailed it to my home after we exchanged emails to let me know it was on the way.
On top of this - the location is excellent with an easy walk to the main square. Absolutely recommend it and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tazz
MKE
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed a couple of days on an extension to a river cruise. For an old Hotel it is well kept up. Our room was nicely furnished except they could leave the high end bath scale out and put in a clock radio ( even better one to charge you I pad ). The lighting in the room was inadequate.
They offer. A shower mat, a safety item that should be in the room without a need to call! Look out for the water bottles on the desk, they are not free!
The staff seemed cold and aloof,not very friendly. The check-in process was terrible . They knew the group was coming,they knew when, how many,and we still had to stand in line 45 min.s.. Then the luggage was takin to the elevator landing and left un-attended. We went to the area and retrieved our own luggage.
The next day the group went out at 8 am to tour the town, the room was not touched till 3pm. The management knew what rooms we were in.
The breakfast was very, very nice. Good service and friendly servers.
I think the management should look into the desires of its guests more closely.
I would not stay there again. The cruise company has been told, and they need to look at the use of this placel

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DMWFB
Westminster, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My stay here was a part of my tour and i love it. The hotel is not grand but the rooms are stately decorated with beautiful drapery. The bathrooms have marble floor and wall, lovely warm colors, and all the faucets are brand new looking. The big rooms with double windows are luxuriously decorated. The tile works in the hotel are beautiful. The buffet breakfast was very good with many choices. The hotel is located within walking distances to all the famous sites like Charles bridge, astronomical clock, old town square, Powder Gate. The bus and metro station is only a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What a beautiful property and beautiful rooms. Enjoyed every bit of my stay here.

Let me share an experience which makes me rate it at the very top . I had made a reservation for this hotel from a booking site on internet . Due to the change in my travel plans I couldn't make it on the reserved dates and also I somehow didn't cancel it in time for a full refund and was charged a full one night's stay. Though it was my fault , and the hotel couldn't offer a refund as per their policy , the reservation team willingly offered to keep the amount as a deposit for me for a year from the booked date and adjust it against my future visit. I did manage to go there within a few days and they not only adjusted the amount but also gave me the best available rate for my total period of stay. This is what makes a hotel stand out even within the 5 star category.

PROS : ENDLESS

* Beautifully done up art hotel and tastefully done up rooms.
* The beds are extremely comfortable , the washrooms are very modern all modern amenities
* The classic window Design gives an extra edge to the room.
* You get the feel of grandeur as soon as u see the entrance door to the room .
* The hotel is well connected to the train , tram and local transport
* Lot of eat out places near by and 2 basic departmental stores in the vicinity , which stay open till almost 1 am .
* Its within walking distance to the Palladium Shopping Centre , republic square and also 10-15 min walk to the Old town square known for its astronomical clock.
* The breakfast spread is huge and delicious . Loved the choices of beverages amongst other things. The breakfast area / restaurant is nicely done up and adds to the overall great experience.
* Very helpful and accommodating staff . They tourist desk is manned by a very knowledgable and friendly person , who will help and guide you with smallest of details.
* Great value for money

CONS : Hard to say they are cons though.

* No free water bottles in the room . Guess a standard with european hotels
* Also post 11 pm , there is hardly anything to eat . The in-room dining has just cold food options . As a vegetarian specially my only choice was a cold sandwich . Wish they can do something about 24 hour dining.
* The washroom door kind of cramps the washroom , the way it opens . Although the washroom size is pretty decent and it has a huge bathtub , which , by the way , I loved . So , This is a very small thing , cannot really call it a con and frankly very hard to explain in words what i mean :)

OVERALL :
Don't even think twice before booking the place. Infact check the hotel deals on the hotel website itself , as they are at times the best.
Am most definitely staying here again and have already recommended it to a few friends visiting Prague .

Room Tip: Room with view of street with the hotel entrance might be a nice choice . Though all rooms are great...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

From the outside this hotel is quite unassuming however once inside the rich deco and service are quite outstanding.
We stayed for four nights returning on the 21/07 and upgraded when we booked to a superior room through comments on this site. The room was very spacious very quiet (even though hotel busy) and we even had a separate toilet and washand bad in to the one in the bathroom very convenient.
We dined in the Cafe Imperial on our first night and were not disappointed with either the service or quality of food we could have easily dined there every night but of course chose to sample other restaurants Prague had to offer.
The breakfast at the hotel is beyond adequate and we would recommend the omelettes ordered from the 'omelette station' very nice indeed. I must mention the staff at this hotel both those on reception and those in the restaurant especially at breakfast, as nothing is too much trouble for them and all were very friendly and pleasant (even when my partner lost his camera between the hotel room and reception...don't ask the staff handled it well)
We hope to return to this beautiful city again and would choose to stay at the Imperial not just for what I have said above but also for its location which is so convenient for sites and public transport and I must mention the lady on the concierge desk who on the three occasions we required her help was brilliant. One last thing we would recommend using the limo service great to get you from A to B at night and not badly priced either

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple