“Perfect Place to Stay in Prague”

Art Deco Hotel Imperial
Ranked #47 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 8 December 2009

We stayed here for eight nights the last week in September, a long time to stay in one place, and found the hotel to be perfect -- the location is great, about a 5 minute walk to the Old Town, 2 minutes to Republic Square for the train, and only a block to pick up various trams. The hotel itself is stunning with its art nouveau style, which is why we wanted to stay there. The room was a very good size, clean, comfortable and beautiful. Our room faced the courtyard, so it was nice and quiet. The front desk, concierge and housekeeping staff were very friendly and very helpful both before and during our stay. We had emailed the hotel for information on transfers and tours before our trip and were answered quickly and courteously. We arranged our airport transfers with the hotel, which didn’t cost much more than other transfers, and well worth a private car both ways. Plus, the hotel confirms your flight prior to departure which makes life much easier. We arrived at about 7am and had to wait about an hour for our room, so we walked to Old Town and were able to see it on a crisp sunny morning with no people around – a treasured memory! Breakfast at the hotel was wonderful, you didn’t want for anything; there were eggs, pancakes, fruit, Danish, yogurt, juices and, of course, coffee and tea, and it was well worth the extra cost to have breakfast included in our stay. We ate dinner in the restaurant one night and it was probably the best dinner we had all week, and we had some good dinners! The one thing we agree with with some other reviews is that the bathtub is high, which Americans are not used to, so you do need to be careful getting in and out of it. I would love to go back to Prague, which is absolutely beautiful, and we would definitely stay here again; we highly recommend the Art Deco Imperial Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,029)

Reviewed 2 December 2009

Every thing about this Hotel is great -location, cleanliness, comfy beds, rooms, breakfast, staff, service. The only one think I can complain about is the towels they are very small and poor quality and didn't reflect the high standard of every thing else in the Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2009

As a life long lover of all things Art Deco, I was very excited to stay in this hotel. The hotel is beautiful, although if modern internal, furnishing is important to future guests don't stay here as it is screaming Art Deco!, but it is ever so beautiful. However if your tick list includes location, cleanliness, friendly staff, excellent breakfast and the comfiest bed in the world ..... stay at The Imperial .... it is amazing.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2009

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. People in the lobby are very friendly and helpful. Love the breakfast every morning. The room is large and furniture is tasteful. Location is great, we basically walked to everywhere.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2009

My son and I had a wonderful stay at the Imperial. The staff was very helpful even before we arrived. They emailed me after I made the reservation to ask me about other ways to assist us. Great follow up! Our rooms were beautiful. The beds were very comfortable. Loved the heated marble bathroom floors and the huge bathtub. The concierge staff and front desk personnel were extremely accommodating. We loved the full breakfast in the gorgeous dining room. The hotel is just two blocks from Republic Square and many major sights. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 20 November 2009

Except a beautiful Cafe house, it is just an average American style hotel.Nothing impressive.unprofessional ,non English speaking Service maid who broke into my room without waiting me to answer and open the door, ,just to refill a bottle of water in the mini bar, she even broke the chain lock of my room door.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2009

My partner booked this beautiful hotel for me as a surprise. I adore Art Deco and from the moment I stepped into the lobby my heart just soared! Everywhere you look there is something beautiful to admire. Our room was amazing - a huge bed with the most comfortable bed linen. If you have never slept under a Hungarian Goose duvet then I suggest you put it on your 'Things to Do Before You Die' list. We also had an enormous bay window where I spent many happy hours sprawled out just watching the world go by. The bathroom was the epitome of Art Deco luxury and yes, you can fit two in the shower AND the bath!

As for the restaurant - it is absolutely stunningly beautiful. The Imperial hot chocolate is quite simply heaven in a glass. The breakfast was wonderful, with every taste catered for. You really can't beat smoked salmon for breakfast.

The staff were only to delighted to help with any questions and show great pride in their city.

As for Prague itself - JUST GO! It was everything I imagined and more. It comes a very close second to Venice for being so jaw-droppingly stunning and romantic. Walk along the Charles Bridge at dusk, take a boat trip down the river, walk everywhere! I had the time of my life and loved every second. A lifetime of memories in four unforgettable days. Thank you P .. for everything x

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple