“Central location but a bit noisy.”
Review of Hotel Melantrich

Hotel Melantrich
Ranked #176 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Tampere, Finland
“Central location but a bit noisy.”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Centrally located near the old town square but be prepared for the street noise keeping you up. Also no airconditioning in the room so it was painfully hot in the room during August heat. Service was good and rooms clean. Towels looked a bit worn but nothing to complain.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Riude
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Riude,

Thank you for your opinion, it is very important for us. I am glad, that you were satisfied with our service and cleanliness of the room. You are right, it is a bit noisy in rooms which face the street especially during summer, but this is the price for staying in very centre of Prague. Also the majority of rooms faces a yard and it is more quiet there.
As for towels, we regularly renew them, but I will pay more attention on it

Liubov Egorova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay at this Hotel when we were in Prague. Our receptionists (Egorova and Jaroslav) were most accommodating, the rates were great, the room was clean, and the location was great--would "highly" recommend. Great customer service and breakfast, too!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary Z
Dear Gary Z,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback after your stay at Melantrich hotel.
I hope to welcome you again in our hotel during your next visit to Prague.

India
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel for about 4 days.. This was the best combination of a hotel with good breakfast, neat and comfortable rooms and located in the most central location and still not loud at night... It's hardly 2-3 mins walk from the astronomical clock.. Connected from airport directly with the bus and metro.. Everything was at a walking distance from this hotel.. This is at a totally unbeatable location. We visited it in summers and they do not have air conditioners in rooms but on pre-placed request, they had arranged for an Air conditioner already placed in the room. The rooms was quite comfortable and spacious by European standards. The only thing they can improve in their rooms is the curtains.. Though there are double curtains but they could not block the street lights at night.. We had to put up pins and had a hard time blocking the light coming from outside.. That is it.. Apart from that.. Perfect stay.!!!

Room Tip: Choose the ones they have in the new block.. I think they are bigger and new as compared to the othe...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

I appreciate your kind note and pleased to read the high rated review of your visit. I did not work at Melantrich hotel in August 2012 yet, but I hope to welcome you during your next visit to Prague.

Kind regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed 2 nights in Hotel Melantrich in the middle of Old Town Square Prague. The rate was excellent. There are no elevators, but I knew this prior to my arrival and as such, I was prepared. I only brought a small back pack. Wifi is free and fast. The room was very spacious.

Getting around Prague from this location, is just beyond perfect. I was able to stay out and enjoy the square and all that the night life had to offer a solo traveller. I didn't have to worry about getting back to my hotel or about being safe.

Room Tip: Stay here. Don't expect a modern hotel, however, having most of the tourist attractions within w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Terry J
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Terry J,

I am very glad to read your positive review from your stay at hotel Melantrich***. Thank you for taking time to share you opinion.
We all hope to welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit to Prague.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed here because the hotel we'd booked was inaccessible due to the floods, so had no idea what to expect - it was just the first good-value place we could find that had rooms. We were so lucky! The location was superb (and a few doors down from Country Life, a fantastic veggie buffet place so I ate really well!), and the hotel itself was fine. All areas were really clean, the wifi was fast and reliable, the bedrooms were well-equipped with shiny clean bathrooms. The service was great, really helpful and friendly, and there were nice touches like a spot for leaving Bookcrossing (or other) books. They also organise pre-priced transfers for you e.g. for getting back to the airport.

Only two oddities (hardly faults, but good to know): the entrance clearly signs you up the stairs, but we tried the lift anyway as we had cases, and ended up at a doctors! Take the stairs :) Also, the curtains didn't have rails all the way across, so you can't fully shut them. It means the rooms are lighter than I'm used to at night (I like blackout curtains), but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it might. The positives were more important, and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Georgina P
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Melantrich hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our location and service.
Please let me reply to the remarks you mentioned.
As for the entrance, you are right, the best is to fallow signs and take stairs to come to reception.
Also windows in all hotel rooms are equipped with translucent curtains as well as with blackout curtains. These blackout curtains are hidden behind the translucent curtains. It is the pity that you have not contacted the receptionist for advice or help.
Looking forward to welcome you again in Melantrich hotel.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed at Hotel Melantrich for four nights and found it to be good value for money for a 3 star hotel in the perfect location, 2 min walk from the old town square.
The decor of the rooms needs updating but the rooms were clean and spacious for2 people which we think is more important.
The entrance to the hotel is not obvious from the street and you need to walk up several flights of stairs to get to the reception, then walk up mor stairs to get to your room, so if you have heavy luggage, be warned.

Reception staff were friendly and gave us maps etc to help us on our way.
The breakfast that's included each morning is average and we skipped it after the first morning, but again, can't complain for the price we paid.

The pillows were flat and almost non existent, which didn't help our sleeping. Our room was inward facing and looked into a central area with no view, but avoided any street noise.
Would we stay here again? probably yes, considering location and nightly rate, but eat out for breakfast..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew2409
Dear Matthew,

thank you for taking time to post your opinion about hotel Melantrich*** on tripadvisor.com. The feedback is very important for us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

it's located on one of the street coming from the astronomical clock. You can go by foot anywhere. The entrance to the hotel is poor, but everything else is great. They do everything to make you feel comfortable. (Even printed me a map when I asked direction).
The breakfast is almost the same every day, but its warm. And the food in prague is not expensive so if you got tired you can eat elsewhere.
The room was clean and had all we needed. I even saw them changing a room to a couple who didn't liked theirs, all pleasantly and nice.
I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Soulightin
Dear Soulightin,

I am pleased to read the high rated review of your visit and looking forward to welcome you again in hotel Melantrich***.