“Great location!”

Ranked #193 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
“Great location!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was our first time in Prague and in this hotel, that's why location was the most important for us. So Location of Melantrich is great.The breakfast was tasty,the room was clean. Staff is really friendly. Special thanks to the director of the hotel and old gentleman at the reception. We lived at the very good room 46, it was big, enough comfortable and with the view of the street. Maybe in summer it can be nosy, but we were there in November, windows were closed, so the room was quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Varvara N
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Varvara,

thank you for taking time to share your feedback.I am very glad to read your positive review from your recent stay at Melantrich hotel.
I hope to see you again during your next visit to Prague and that you next stay will be longer.

Liubov Egorova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New London, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was my third stay here. Location is great, breakfast is great and staff is friendly. I'm updating this as my stay here this week was not up to pat as in the past.
First, the door handle to the room was nearly falling off the door. The shower head was secured with duct tape. The wall mounted soap dispenser was leaking onto the floor. The toilet was ready to break off from the floor. I'm 180 lbs and sitting on it made it rock.
Finally, I had a bit of trouble with my cell phones SIM card. I used the room phone to make a local Czech call. The call lasted less than 1 minute 30 secs and I was charged the equivalent of $4.

After 2 previous stats I was surprised at the state of my room, although cleaned very well. And the price for the phone call is just ridiculous.

• Stayed October 2013
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Kman773,

Thank you for the review after your third stay at Melantrich hotel.
Let me please assure you, that we do our best to make your next visit more pleasant.
From your previous visits you know, that a technical conditions of the room you have stayed this time at is not usual for our hotel, we always try to prevent the situation, that guests feel uncomfortable during their stay. We will do our best so such things do not happen again.
As for a price for the phone call, I have checked the price you have payed and this is correct. It is based on the price which the hotel pays to phone company and they always count the whole minutes (it means not 1 minute and a half, but 2 minutes).
I believe that your next visit to the hotel will have no complications and you will be fully satisfied again.

Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Location is fantastic. The hotel - you walk up some stairs - we were a little oh great what did we book - but we were pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. We got an enormous room on the corner - unfortunately forgot the room number but it was a big apartment style room.

The old gentleman at the front desk was so cute. You can't even tell he's there because he sits below the counter. He showed us the room and was very kind to answer questions.

Seriously though - while the decor is a little funky - it works, is clean and would stay here again. For us it was the right price in the right location so if it is the same for you - book it.

They do offer a breakfast - we only really got the coffee but it seemed lots of people were enjoying the breakfast while we stayed there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback after your stay at Melantrich hotel.
Please let me comment for some point you have mentioned.
The hotel is situadet in the heart of Prague in the old building, that is why i tis not possible to have an elivator to the reception and to the majority of the rooms.
You were lucky to have the best room we have. Also recently, after your stay we made so changes there, so now this room is even better.
I hope during your next visit to Prague we will see you again at hotel Melantrich.

Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Centrally located near the old town square but be prepared for the street noise keeping you up. Also no airconditioning in the room so it was painfully hot in the room during August heat. Service was good and rooms clean. Towels looked a bit worn but nothing to complain.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Riude
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Riude,

Thank you for your opinion, it is very important for us. I am glad, that you were satisfied with our service and cleanliness of the room. You are right, it is a bit noisy in rooms which face the street especially during summer, but this is the price for staying in very centre of Prague. Also the majority of rooms faces a yard and it is more quiet there.
As for towels, we regularly renew them, but I will pay more attention on it

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay at this Hotel when we were in Prague. Our receptionists (Egorova and Jaroslav) were most accommodating, the rates were great, the room was clean, and the location was great--would "highly" recommend. Great customer service and breakfast, too!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary Z
Dear Gary Z,

I hope to welcome you again in our hotel during your next visit to Prague.

India
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel for about 4 days.. This was the best combination of a hotel with good breakfast, neat and comfortable rooms and located in the most central location and still not loud at night... It's hardly 2-3 mins walk from the astronomical clock.. Connected from airport directly with the bus and metro.. Everything was at a walking distance from this hotel.. This is at a totally unbeatable location. We visited it in summers and they do not have air conditioners in rooms but on pre-placed request, they had arranged for an Air conditioner already placed in the room. The rooms was quite comfortable and spacious by European standards. The only thing they can improve in their rooms is the curtains.. Though there are double curtains but they could not block the street lights at night.. We had to put up pins and had a hard time blocking the light coming from outside.. That is it.. Apart from that.. Perfect stay.!!!

Room Tip: Choose the ones they have in the new block.. I think they are bigger and new as compared to the othe...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

I appreciate your kind note and pleased to read the high rated review of your visit. I did not work at Melantrich hotel in August 2012 yet, but I hope to welcome you during your next visit to Prague.

Kind regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed 2 nights in Hotel Melantrich in the middle of Old Town Square Prague. The rate was excellent. There are no elevators, but I knew this prior to my arrival and as such, I was prepared. I only brought a small back pack. Wifi is free and fast. The room was very spacious.

Getting around Prague from this location, is just beyond perfect. I was able to stay out and enjoy the square and all that the night life had to offer a solo traveller. I didn't have to worry about getting back to my hotel or about being safe.

Room Tip: Stay here. Don't expect a modern hotel, however, having most of the tourist attractions within w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Terry J
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Terry J,

I am very glad to read your positive review from your stay at hotel Melantrich***. Thank you for taking time to share you opinion.
We all hope to welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit to Prague.