“All in all, so glad I picked this hotel in the heart of Prague!”
Review of Hotel Melantrich

Hotel Melantrich
Ranked #207 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel was excellent! It is a great value for your money. The location is great. The breakfast was very good. The staff were very friendly. WiFi was good. Hotel room was very clean, shower was hot, bed linens clean. All in all, so glad I picked this hotel in the heart of Prague!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank etalonby
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear etalonby,

I appreciate your kind note and pleased to read the high rated review of your visit. We hope to welcome you again in hotel Melantrich*** during your next visit to Prague!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Everything was good enough for us; roomrate, breakfast, customer service, room equipment, cleaning and atmosphere. Only thing I miss in breakfast room was a little rubbishbin on the table and in room bathroom there weren´t any shelf that you can put your toiletcase. But these things are irrelevant.I highly recommend this hotel to everybody.See you next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terhi R
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Terhi R,

I am very glad to read your positive review from your stay at hotel Melantrich***. Thank you for taking time to share you opinion.
It is very usefull to receive your suggestions, you are right and we will put a small rubbishbin in a breakfast room, as for bathrooms, I will think over how to make it more comfortable.
We all hope to welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit to Prague.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a great! The location actually couldn't get any better. So close to all the main sites, bars, shops and restaurants.
The breakfast was included and quite good with a range of cereals, fruit, meat and cheese as well as eggs, bread and pastries.
The rooms were spacious and clean.
The only thing that we didn't like was the heating - it was too hot to sleep! It was freezing outside but the heating was too hot and needed to be turned down quite a few degrees! Otherwise I would happily recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shilohmilo
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear guest,

That is a pity, that you did not contact reception about the heating, because it is possible to regulate it directly in the room. All the radiators has a regulator which you can put from 0 (minimum) to 5 (maximum).

Looking forward to you next visit.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was our first time in Prague and in this hotel, that's why location was the most important for us. So Location of Melantrich is great.The breakfast was tasty,the room was clean. Staff is really friendly. Special thanks to the director of the hotel and old gentleman at the reception. We lived at the very good room 46, it was big, enough comfortable and with the view of the street. Maybe in summer it can be nosy, but we were there in November, windows were closed, so the room was quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Varvara N
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Varvara,

thank you for taking time to share your feedback.I am very glad to read your positive review from your recent stay at Melantrich hotel.
I hope to see you again during your next visit to Prague and that you next stay will be longer.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was my third stay here. Location is great, breakfast is great and staff is friendly. I'm updating this as my stay here this week was not up to pat as in the past.
First, the door handle to the room was nearly falling off the door. The shower head was secured with duct tape. The wall mounted soap dispenser was leaking onto the floor. The toilet was ready to break off from the floor. I'm 180 lbs and sitting on it made it rock.
Finally, I had a bit of trouble with my cell phones SIM card. I used the room phone to make a local Czech call. The call lasted less than 1 minute 30 secs and I was charged the equivalent of $4.

After 2 previous stats I was surprised at the state of my room, although cleaned very well. And the price for the phone call is just ridiculous.

• Stayed: October 2013
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Kman773,

Thank you for the review after your third stay at Melantrich hotel.
Let me please assure you, that we do our best to make your next visit more pleasant.
From your previous visits you know, that a technical conditions of the room you have stayed this time at is not usual for our hotel, we always try to prevent the situation, that guests feel uncomfortable during their stay. We will do our best so such things do not happen again.
As for a price for the phone call, I have checked the price you have payed and this is correct. It is based on the price which the hotel pays to phone company and they always count the whole minutes (it means not 1 minute and a half, but 2 minutes).
I believe that your next visit to the hotel will have no complications and you will be fully satisfied again.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Location is fantastic. The hotel - you walk up some stairs - we were a little oh great what did we book - but we were pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. We got an enormous room on the corner - unfortunately forgot the room number but it was a big apartment style room.

The old gentleman at the front desk was so cute. You can't even tell he's there because he sits below the counter. He showed us the room and was very kind to answer questions.

Seriously though - while the decor is a little funky - it works, is clean and would stay here again. For us it was the right price in the right location so if it is the same for you - book it.

They do offer a breakfast - we only really got the coffee but it seemed lots of people were enjoying the breakfast while we stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback after your stay at Melantrich hotel.
Please let me comment for some point you have mentioned.
The hotel is situadet in the heart of Prague in the old building, that is why i tis not possible to have an elivator to the reception and to the majority of the rooms.
You were lucky to have the best room we have. Also recently, after your stay we made so changes there, so now this room is even better.
I hope during your next visit to Prague we will see you again at hotel Melantrich.

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Centrally located near the old town square but be prepared for the street noise keeping you up. Also no airconditioning in the room so it was painfully hot in the room during August heat. Service was good and rooms clean. Towels looked a bit worn but nothing to complain.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Riude
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Riude,

Thank you for your opinion, it is very important for us. I am glad, that you were satisfied with our service and cleanliness of the room. You are right, it is a bit noisy in rooms which face the street especially during summer, but this is the price for staying in very centre of Prague. Also the majority of rooms faces a yard and it is more quiet there.
As for towels, we regularly renew them, but I will pay more attention on it