“Excellent stay”

Ranked #193 of 650 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had booked in early November for a stay at end of March, and had some excellent rates via Ebookers.

First the location is indeed amazing, a short walking distance from both the Astronomical Clock on Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square, and also very near the Jewish Quarter and the magnificent Art Deco Municipal house.

The facilities are "no frills" and the plumbing was a little noisy; but the staff are really wonderful, both at reception and at breakfast.
Breakfast is generous and varied: cereals, fruit, cured meats, cheese, "Danish" type pastries, sausages with rice, pasta or potatoes, fruit juice and coffee, etc.

The staff were helpful and pleasant without being obsequious. I broke my knee in December and called the hotel to find out if they could accommodate my reduced mobility. I received am email confirmation of the fact that there would be some steps to get to the reception, which could not be avoided, but they would make sure to arrange for our room to be no higher than the reception floor. I suppose there might be a problem for wheelchair users, but I believe they would tell you on request.

They were also lovely when I asked them, once back in the UK, to send me a souvenir I had taken a picture of in a shop in Melantrichova. They dealt with my request on the same day, and I received my mug perfectly wrapped and intact!

Definitely recommended :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Danièle W
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Danièle W,

It is very nice to know, that you were happy with your stay at hotel Melantruich and personally I am glad that the mug reached you in one piece, because I took care of wrapping.
We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Prague!

Liubov Egorova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We spent a week at the Melantrich. Melantrichova Street is the main passage to the Old Town from Wencelas Square, and this property was central to both Old Town and Wencelas Square, just next to Haveleska Market. It was a perfect location for foot exploration of Prague. The room faced the interior courtyard, so no bonus points for view, but at this location that was a bonus as Melantrichova is noisy and almost always a bustle. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had all the necessities. Breakfast daily was a nice selection of meats, cheeses, pastries, yogurt, cereals vegetables and fruits. The staff was very helpful and attentive, and their English skills at the main desk adequate. Access is by buzz in next to Maxim Night Club, and up a flight of stairs (no elevator, so you have to be mobile.) While Melantrichova can feel a bit "seedy" with the Museum of Sex Machines and a few caberets along the strip, you have to walk past them anyway, we found it a great place to stay with no issues.

Room Tip: No room tip. We were given two twins as a married couple upon check in as it was all that was avail...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Merle515
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Merle515,

thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I am very glad to read your positive review from your stay at hotel Melantrich***. It is very important for us and also useful for our future guests.

Looking forward to your see during your next visit to Prague.

Haemeenlinna, Finland
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The location could not get any better - midway to Vaclavske namesti and Starometska namesti, about 2min walk to both and to subway station.

Room was spacious, yet the bed far too soft for my taste as well as the pillow too big and the curtains were a bit dated but other than that excellent value for money.

For once, coffee at breakfast was freshly made COFFEE and not just espresso or something like that. The bread was freshly made - yet never understand the idea of putting salt in top of a bread :)

It has no elevator, so it is not suitable for persons who has walking disabilities, but for all the others - very central location and the noise from the street could not be heard. Wi-fi worked also perfectly and the staff was friendly and spoke good English.

I will definitely consider this hotel for a re-visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Plesac73
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Plesac 73,

Thank you for the positive review after your recent stay at hotel Melantrich.
We will be very glad to welcom you again at our hotel during your next visit to Prague.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I travelled to Prague in September 2013 and we spent four nights at this hotel. I was very happy with it. It was a very short walk to the Astronomical Clock and it was a very short walk to the metro. The staff were excellent - I actually felt bad that every time we left the room VERY messy it was completely cleaned when we got back - clothes folded and organized as well. The included breakfast was wonderful. Wifi worked well in our rooms. The staff at the front were very helpful with recommendations for whatever we asked for (restaurants, nearest laundromat, etc.). The location really is perfect if you want to be in the centre of it all. I felt safe the entire time. The large market is on the corner of the street which was great. I will stay here again when I go back to Prague.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Angela B
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Angela B,

I am very glad to read your positive review from your stay at hotel Melantrich***. Thank you for taking time to share you opinion.
All the hotel staff works to make our guests feel comfortable and enjoy their stay at our hotel and in Prague. So the best reward for us is to know, that you were happy with your stay here.
Looking forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Hotel Melantrich has a great location, only two minutes walk from the central square and five minutes to the Charles Bridge.

The personnel was really friendly and helpfull. There was free wifi in our room, with a great quality and speed. The free breakfast had a lot of options.

I would definitely stay here again, if I were to go to Prague.

The only two downsides: the matrasses are really hard (maybe you like it, but i don't) and we had some noise from the music from the bar downstairs.

1 Thank ficus87
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear ficus87,

That is nice to know, that you liked breakfast, wifi quality and that you found our staff friendly. As you wrote, our hotel is situated in the middle of Old town, so unfortunately sometimes there can be a little noise in the room.

Looking forward to your see you again in our hotel during your next visit to Prague.

Minsk
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel was excellent! It is a great value for your money. The location is great. The breakfast was very good. The staff were very friendly. WiFi was good. Hotel room was very clean, shower was hot, bed linens clean. All in all, so glad I picked this hotel in the heart of Prague!

1 Thank etalonby
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear etalonby,

I appreciate your kind note and pleased to read the high rated review of your visit. We hope to welcome you again in hotel Melantrich*** during your next visit to Prague!

Oulu
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Everything was good enough for us; roomrate, breakfast, customer service, room equipment, cleaning and atmosphere. Only thing I miss in breakfast room was a little rubbishbin on the table and in room bathroom there weren´t any shelf that you can put your toiletcase. But these things are irrelevant.I highly recommend this hotel to everybody.See you next time.

1 Thank Terhi R
LiubovEgorova, Manager at Hotel Melantrich, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Terhi R,

It is very usefull to receive your suggestions, you are right and we will put a small rubbishbin in a breakfast room, as for bathrooms, I will think over how to make it more comfortable.
We all hope to welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit to Prague.