US$327
US$141
US$132
US$126
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$148
US$136
US$88
  • Restaurant
All reviewswenceslas squareexcellent locationold townmini barwithin walking distancecity centrefirst floorreception stafftrain stationbuffet breakfastroom was largeby footstayed nightscharles bridgesightskettlepraha
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during a business trip - and wasn't impressed at all.

I have to say that it was pretty affordable, but that doesn't justify the serious flaws, I encountered.

First of all my room (319) wasn't very clean. There were some strange stains on the side of my bed and on a bathing towel - and although the latter seemed to have went to the cleaner's, it wasn't nice to see this old stain, that obviously wouldn't go away. Also there were some strange blotches on the bathroom ceiling.

When I opened the mini bar, I found an old opened beer can that had probably been left by the previous guest. It was still half full of beer.

The worst experience, however, was at the reception: when I had to go to a business meeting, I asked the receptionist to call me a taxi. I did this, because I had experienced being ripped off by a taxi driver the evening before - and I've always thought, that at least hotel personnel could be trusted.

However, when my colleague and I got into the "taxi", we realised that the hotel had chosen to order some sort of shuttle limousine - even though I had explicitly said "taxi". And that cost us double the amount of a regular taxi fare. Not cool at all.

The hotel as such seemed very old and worn - I'm sure it is from before the fall of the iron curtain. The breakfast was ok. To be fair, the hotel is centrally located - and as I said: affordable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Berlinaut
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Berlinaut,
I am very sorry to hear about this, so I'll try to clearify the situation. Reception staff is obliged to to call this taxi company which we have a contract with for exact reason you saying - to prevent our guests being ripped off. I admit that our service is little bit more expensive than regular taxi, but we guarantee the rates as per printed text on reception desk, multi-lingual drivers, luggage handling and good service. I hope that next time you'll visit us, all will go smoothly.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We went to Prague for a half term break. This hotel was reasonably priced and very easy to find from the airport. I would advise getting the 119 bus to the end of its route (Dejvicka).Take the green metro line 4 stops to Mustek and look for the street name. The hotel is towards the end of the street heading up hill towards the Museum. Paul's patisserie is directly opposite ( great for an evening snack). Breakfast was fine enough to fill you up for the day ahead. Staff were very friendly. Room was extremely clean. FAB CITY TO VISIT.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Devon415

Dear Devon,
thank you very much for your review and best journey description. :)

Reviewed 6 February 2013

my husband and i just returned from praque on a group trip and this was the hotel they used. located on the main street you could walk right past it. the reception area is very small and they were less than friendly or helpful. the room was very small as our suitcases 2 took up most of the room. shower was good if you could shut the doors. breakfast was ok they dont smile anywhere in the country. the internet was slow and you just get 30 mins. the location is great you can and we did walk everwhere. i would stay at the 4 seasons as we ate 3 meals there. they were smiling friendly and helpful. i would reccomend the ramada if you were on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Hello Taylor,
I am very sorry for your experience here at Ramada Prague City Centre altough it's not really fair to call us "college dorm" as all our rooms comply with Ramada operating standards. There is a free wifi throughout the hotel. Only our internet corner is charged per 30minutes so everyone can use it, but you can stay as long as you want. I hope next time you'll enjoy yourself much more.

Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

I travelled to Prague for bussiness and I found a bargain with this hotel: 125 euro for two nights, breakfast included which is very cheap for Prague, especially that the hotel is in the center, close to the tourist locations, in the heart of the shopping area.
Checkin was fast, rooms clean, enougj space, big beds.
Breakfast is ok, the usual that you find everywhere. Horrible essoresso coffe though, even if you pay more than two euro for it.
Free wifi internet but every five minutes is cut-off so you have to login again, which is very annoying.
I strongly reccomend the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank NViorel

Dear NViorel,
thank you for your review. I'll look into this wifi issue. I believe there won't be any trouble patching it up. As for the coffee matter, we will reach out for our supplier for better quality one. Be sure to check it out next time you'll stay with us.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Nice hotel. Great location. Parking is expensive, but that is standard for any large European city. Just park in front of the hotel and they will move the car for you. Front desk staff was super helpful and lovingly put up with my elementary Czech speaking skills. Uhhhhh, bonjour? Right by plenty of dining and coffee. 1 block to the metro. Walking distance to old town and the Charles Bridge. Breakfast buffet is pretty good...standard European fare.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that overlooks Venesclas sqaure.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Hello Barney,
thank you for your comment on our hotel we know that is not easy to make time for such things in this busy world.