I would not recommend this hotel to anybody, as explained below.......
1) Lousy air conditioning. When I brought this to the attention of the reception staff, I was told nothing could be done as the entire hotel was set at a fixed warm temperature (far too hot for me to be comfortable). So I had to sleep with the windows open and listen to the street cacophony all night long!
2) I wasn't offered a wifi code on checking in and had to troop down to reception and ask for it myself.
3) The room safes are far too small to put anything substantial inside (such as, an iPad). Also, they have a primitive key system and no number codes to operate them. If you lose the key, you are made to pay 10 euros.
4) After entry, I realised that one needs to return down to reception to get the key to the safe! The key they gave me didn't fit in the safe so I had to call for the hotel carpenter who deduced that the safe lock was broken and then proceeded to spend an hour in my presence changing the lock, drilling away furiously!
5) The room cleaning crew did not replace the bathroom conditioners and liquid soaps even once during my 3 night stay.
6) The bathroom had a musty, humid smell throughout.
7) Awful breakfast, in terms of lack of choice and poor quality of food.
8) This hotel is a cubbyhole of a place with a tiny reception area, whoever gave it a 4-star rating must've been out of their senses at the time! An extremely old fashioned retro style of decor too.
9) Corridors smell incessantly of smoke as the hotel has many smoking-allowed rooms.
10) Wifi does not work in the reception area.
11) I paid nearly 200 euros a night............very poor value for money, in this case.
12) I was thoroughly disappointed by the lack of cooperation and initiative taken by the reception staff too. The attitude was a simply-don't-care one to any problem posed to them.
I would never return to this place and will seriously consider not using Ramada anywhere ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Ramada Prague City Centre**** is located in upper part of Wenceslas Square. The hotel offers sensitively reconstructed, air-conditioned rooms with modern design, comfortable furnishings and ideal location in the historical and business centre of Prague. Famous cultural and historical monuments, museums, shops, restaurants and other points of interest are located only few minutes walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ramada Prague City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Prague City Centre Hotel Prague
- Prague Ramada