“A lousy third-rate hotel experience”

Ranked #186 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anybody, as explained below.......

1) Lousy air conditioning. When I brought this to the attention of the reception staff, I was told nothing could be done as the entire hotel was set at a fixed warm temperature (far too hot for me to be comfortable). So I had to sleep with the windows open and listen to the street cacophony all night long!

2) I wasn't offered a wifi code on checking in and had to troop down to reception and ask for it myself.

3) The room safes are far too small to put anything substantial inside (such as, an iPad). Also, they have a primitive key system and no number codes to operate them. If you lose the key, you are made to pay 10 euros.

4) After entry, I realised that one needs to return down to reception to get the key to the safe! The key they gave me didn't fit in the safe so I had to call for the hotel carpenter who deduced that the safe lock was broken and then proceeded to spend an hour in my presence changing the lock, drilling away furiously!

5) The room cleaning crew did not replace the bathroom conditioners and liquid soaps even once during my 3 night stay.

6) The bathroom had a musty, humid smell throughout.

7) Awful breakfast, in terms of lack of choice and poor quality of food.

8) This hotel is a cubbyhole of a place with a tiny reception area, whoever gave it a 4-star rating must've been out of their senses at the time! An extremely old fashioned retro style of decor too.

9) Corridors smell incessantly of smoke as the hotel has many smoking-allowed rooms.

10) Wifi does not work in the reception area.

11) I paid nearly 200 euros a night............very poor value for money, in this case.

12) I was thoroughly disappointed by the lack of cooperation and initiative taken by the reception staff too. The attitude was a simply-don't-care one to any problem posed to them.

I would never return to this place and will seriously consider not using Ramada anywhere ever again.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank vakil75
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Vakil,
I am sorry to hear that. I will try to explain what happened. Each room has it's own A/C controller on the wall. Even though that hotel has some central setting, you can adjust temperature for yourself as much as you like.
There is a big sign on desk in every room with wifi code to prevent such an annoying issues.
Also, we are aware that our safety deposit boxes aren't the biggest ones on the market altough it is more than sufficient. Should you want your tablet or notebook store in safe you can always use front desk. Thank you for pointing out the key system on our safes - we are very proud of it as we experienced many and more problems with digital ones. Guests are very likely to forget their password which causes very unpleasant situations. In your particular case lock broke down however we were able to fix it.
We usually refiils little cosmetics upon guest request.

I am sure you will find out hotel satisfactory next time you'll come to Prague.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a well situated hotel for Prague city centre. The bedrooms were a very good size, however the website said that there were tea and coffee faciiities in the room which wasn't strictly true. We had to pay £10 for the housekeeping staff to provide kettle and supplies although this charge did cover the full stay. The website also stated that there was a gym and pool on site, again not true. There was a Fitness centre opposite the hotel but even with a 50% discount this cost £12 per person per day...two very unhappy customers!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Mandy,
thank you for your review. Please let me clarify the issue for you. We provide coffee and tea making facility (kettle, tray and cups) in each room as there were plenty of guste asking for it, but there is a surcharge should you want it filled and replenished every day in amount of 10 EUR per whole stay. In higher rooms categhory (business class and suites) we provide this service free of charge.
As per the gym matter, would you please inform where you saw this information as it is not thruth and we would need to contact them to correct it. We cooperate with nearby fitness center which is 3 minutes of walking away and offers our guests 50% discount on their services.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Hotal Ramada Prague city center - one big Disappointment !!!

This is one of the terrible hotels I ever visit and I visited many and sone less than 4 stars.

Reception is cold poeple and not friendly at all, short answer like they do for you a big favour of answering to you.

The reception stuff lies. I told them the internet not working and they say they will fix it. I was there 4 days and no internet or bad internet so I took my computer to cafe or restuarant and there I had great internet. I paid for a room with internet and I didn't get internet.
I talked to other woman from a different floor and she said she have good internet so I went near her door and the internet was better. This is mean that the reception hotel lie to me that there is internet
I paid for room with internet and I didn't have internet.

The reception enterance is like to enter a ugly cave.

The room I stay was hot and no air condition. The reception guy say the hotel is not ready for hot days.
It's ridiculous. I had to open the windows so I will have air. This is 4 star hotel and it must have air condition.

The room was dirty. the carpet was with dirts and on the ciling where cowebs (spider) .
I photo those so I could show any one not believe.

After the first night the room was not make by maid and stay as I left it in the morning.

The breakfast was terrible (this is my taste) maybe for others it good. But, instead serve butter they give you margarine. Which hotel don't serve butter?

The only positive I can tell is the hotel location but that all.

I was more than 20 times in prague and stay in 3-5 stars hotels and also in many places in the world and I can tell that this hotel is the worst hotel I ever visit, even than1-2 stars hotels I visited around the world..

This hotel not worth 1 star.

I never write on any hotel bad review even less stars but you been lie and get bad service it's time to write about this for the next vositors to be careful from this place.

There are many hotels in Prague - don't choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotal Ramada Prague city center - one big Disappointment !!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank lovepraha

Dear user "lovepraha",
it aches me to read such a review. I am very sad that you did not enjoy your time here. However I must point out some contradictions. First, you call our staff cold and unhelpfull I have to disagree but I understand that someone can fell that way. Second - the internet - I personaly went to your room when reception informed me on the issue and checked the connection. Maybe my phone has better wifi module than your laptop however it worked just fine anyway as we installed some new signal transmitters in January to boost the reception.
As for the entrance, I undestand that this is just matter of taste, same apply for breakfast. I have to strongly object on the fact of missing butter. We serve both butter and margarine as each guest might have different taste, but there is absolutely no way that this would be absent.
Lastly, our hotel is part of Ramada Worldwide chain which is equivalent to 4* class hotel.

I hope that this clarify the issues and that you will come back to us someday.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

The hotel is well sited on a main street. The entrance way/reception on the ground floor is very small and to get anywhere else a ride up to floor 1 is required in one of two lifts, after that the rooms on the next 5 floors are accessed by different lifts to other sections of the hotel.

Reception is not so friendly but it's efficient. They kindly lent me a phone lead without hassle. Breakfast is a good buffet and table are cleared efficiently.

My room, near the rear of the hotel, was a business double, quite large, nice bathroom, comfortable bed. Minibar and tea/coffee making facilities were provid. Importantly the room was quiet.

The hotel has no character and is soulness but adquate for a few nights stay.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Woimble

Dear Woimble,
thank you for your constructive rewiev on our hotel. We are aware about difficult situation with the building however we cannot make any major changes to it as it is protected by historicians and therefore adequate law.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed it very much. Location is excellent, in the heart of the city. Service was ok. Beautiful Petra and a guy (forgot his name) at the reception desk answered all our questions and helped with all issues. Price of the room and breakfast are very affordable. Enjoyed this hotel very much.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Al A

Dear AI,
thank you very much for your kind words. Ms.Petra and her colleague Zdenek sends their regards.
We would be honored if you decide to come back to our hotel in future.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

A good hotel in a great location.. I have been last week and can say, it's a good hotel.
Reception quite helpful, rooms clean and spacy, comfy beds. I would say it's quite complicated to get to some parts of the hotel (hotel is split into different sections), as to our room, we had to take one elevator to the first floor (restaurant there too) and then walk for some time to take another elevator to 4th floor... a bit annoying, i must say.. but hotel is small so i guess that's what you have to take into consideration when booking.
Nice breakfast (included in our 80euros per night stay), although the choice wasn't huge. The great asset of this hotel is it's central location, as in the City center.. easy walk to all you need.. shops and attractions.. so i would definitely recommend it to tourists.. It was really nice as they kept our bags for all day in deposition for free while we had some meetings.. so that's a plus.. Would stay there again..

Room Tip: Check where your room is located before booking if you have any mobility problems..
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Danek_6

Dear Danek,
thank you for taking a time to post your review. Unfortunately we can't do anything about the building however we are trying to inform our guests about navigation through the hotel.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Simple but comfortable, this hotel is easy to reach from the airport by public transport and is very conveniently located. Check in was fast and friendly. The room was adequate size, very clean, bathroom facilities new and WiFi worked very well. There is no lobby to speak of, but the restaurant area on the 1st floor is convenient for a meeting. Only one negative point to note - the website states "Make time for a workout at Ramada World Class Fitness, including a pool and massage service" - in reality this facility is NOT in the hotel, but is in fact located at the Julis Hotel, 300 meters away across and up the square. It is also not free, a daily pass costing 350 CZK. I think this is very deceiving, considering the inconvenience of using this facility in -2 degrees C weather and when one would have the impression that the sauna and pool could be directly accessed from within the building.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Wshalev,
thank you for taking a time to share your opinion. Can you please provide me with link to this web sites as I am sure that such a information can't be anywhere. Please contact me directly at em@ramadaprague.com. Thank you very much.