“Excellent hotel and location”

Ranked #188 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel and location”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in may this year beautiful hotel nothing was a problem. Rooms were clean and fresh towels every day. Right in the centre of everything and tram was right outside. All the sights were in walking distance. Would recommend to any traveller.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jock221
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Jock,
Thank you for this review as it really makes ma happy. It is always great to read of such a appreciation. Looking forward to seeing you soon again.

Ramada Prague City Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Hotel is in a great location but when i went to check in iat the hotel ( I had made reservations online) They could not find my reservation even though i had a reservation number to show them which upset me they had to put me in a double room which was the last room Available which was on the street side and around 12 midnite gets very loud and noisy. Overall the hotel was nothing fancy but for the price it was ok only stayed 1 Night.

Room Tip: Great Location but noisy at night with street front rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travelmansc50
Dear Travelmansc50,
thank you for your review. Unfortunately sometimes online travel agencies suffer some IT issues which in the ends leads to lost bookings. I can assure you that we urge them as much as we can to secure the booking process and prevent such a cases.

New Zealand
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We would most definately stay again and recommend The Ramada city centre hotel. We arrived tired and hot from a long train journey to be greeted by friendly staff. We enquired about a bath in our romm but were told sorry no..only the suites have baths..would we like a suite..free upgrade?

OF COURSE!!!...Veronica and in fact all the reception ladies were not only very beautiful but pleasant and helpful as well

Breakfast buffet absolutely spot on.

excellent location

Thanks Ramada for a great stay

Room Tip: Our room was away from the square (rm 420) Very quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KiwiLint
Dear Lintinpihia,
thank you very much for sharing your opinions with all of Tripadvisor users, we appreciate it very much. Even though Veronica has left our team 2 months back she send her regards and thanks.
See you next time you'll be in Prague :) .

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2013

No complaints what so ever! Everything was as described. No 5 star but clean, comfortable and in the middle of the city not the historic area. The tram is right out front and will take you there in a few minutes.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Katherine H
Dear Kate,
thank you so much for this wonderfull review. We all hope to see you again soon.

Bombay, India
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anybody, as explained below.......

1) Lousy air conditioning. When I brought this to the attention of the reception staff, I was told nothing could be done as the entire hotel was set at a fixed warm temperature (far too hot for me to be comfortable). So I had to sleep with the windows open and listen to the street cacophony all night long!

2) I wasn't offered a wifi code on checking in and had to troop down to reception and ask for it myself.

3) The room safes are far too small to put anything substantial inside (such as, an iPad). Also, they have a primitive key system and no number codes to operate them. If you lose the key, you are made to pay 10 euros.

4) After entry, I realised that one needs to return down to reception to get the key to the safe! The key they gave me didn't fit in the safe so I had to call for the hotel carpenter who deduced that the safe lock was broken and then proceeded to spend an hour in my presence changing the lock, drilling away furiously!

5) The room cleaning crew did not replace the bathroom conditioners and liquid soaps even once during my 3 night stay.

6) The bathroom had a musty, humid smell throughout.

7) Awful breakfast, in terms of lack of choice and poor quality of food.

8) This hotel is a cubbyhole of a place with a tiny reception area, whoever gave it a 4-star rating must've been out of their senses at the time! An extremely old fashioned retro style of decor too.

9) Corridors smell incessantly of smoke as the hotel has many smoking-allowed rooms.

10) Wifi does not work in the reception area.

11) I paid nearly 200 euros a night............very poor value for money, in this case.

12) I was thoroughly disappointed by the lack of cooperation and initiative taken by the reception staff too. The attitude was a simply-don't-care one to any problem posed to them.

I would never return to this place and will seriously consider not using Ramada anywhere ever again.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the main road.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank vakil75
Dear Vakil,
I am sorry to hear that. I will try to explain what happened. Each room has it's own A/C controller on the wall. Even though that hotel has some central setting, you can adjust temperature for yourself as much as you like.
There is a big sign on desk in every room with wifi code to prevent such an annoying issues.
Also, we are aware that our safety deposit boxes aren't the biggest ones on the market altough it is more than sufficient. Should you want your tablet or notebook store in safe you can always use front desk. Thank you for pointing out the key system on our safes - we are very proud of it as we experienced many and more problems with digital ones. Guests are very likely to forget their password which causes very unpleasant situations. In your particular case lock broke down however we were able to fix it.
We usually refiils little cosmetics upon guest request.

I am sure you will find out hotel satisfactory next time you'll come to Prague.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a well situated hotel for Prague city centre. The bedrooms were a very good size, however the website said that there were tea and coffee faciiities in the room which wasn't strictly true. We had to pay £10 for the housekeeping staff to provide kettle and supplies although this charge did cover the full stay. The website also stated that there was a gym and pool on site, again not true. There was a Fitness centre opposite the hotel but even with a 50% discount this cost £12 per person per day...two very unhappy customers!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Mandy,
thank you for your review. Please let me clarify the issue for you. We provide coffee and tea making facility (kettle, tray and cups) in each room as there were plenty of guste asking for it, but there is a surcharge should you want it filled and replenished every day in amount of 10 EUR per whole stay. In higher rooms categhory (business class and suites) we provide this service free of charge.
As per the gym matter, would you please inform where you saw this information as it is not thruth and we would need to contact them to correct it. We cooperate with nearby fitness center which is 3 minutes of walking away and offers our guests 50% discount on their services.

Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Hotal Ramada Prague city center - one big Disappointment !!!

This is one of the terrible hotels I ever visit and I visited many and sone less than 4 stars.

Reception is cold poeple and not friendly at all, short answer like they do for you a big favour of answering to you.

The reception stuff lies. I told them the internet not working and they say they will fix it. I was there 4 days and no internet or bad internet so I took my computer to cafe or restuarant and there I had great internet. I paid for a room with internet and I didn't get internet.
I talked to other woman from a different floor and she said she have good internet so I went near her door and the internet was better. This is mean that the reception hotel lie to me that there is internet
I paid for room with internet and I didn't have internet.

The reception enterance is like to enter a ugly cave.

The room I stay was hot and no air condition. The reception guy say the hotel is not ready for hot days.
It's ridiculous. I had to open the windows so I will have air. This is 4 star hotel and it must have air condition.

The room was dirty. the carpet was with dirts and on the ciling where cowebs (spider) .
I photo those so I could show any one not believe.

After the first night the room was not make by maid and stay as I left it in the morning.

The breakfast was terrible (this is my taste) maybe for others it good. But, instead serve butter they give you margarine. Which hotel don't serve butter?

The only positive I can tell is the hotel location but that all.

I was more than 20 times in prague and stay in 3-5 stars hotels and also in many places in the world and I can tell that this hotel is the worst hotel I ever visit, even than1-2 stars hotels I visited around the world..

This hotel not worth 1 star.

I never write on any hotel bad review even less stars but you been lie and get bad service it's time to write about this for the next vositors to be careful from this place.

There are many hotels in Prague - don't choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotal Ramada Prague city center - one big Disappointment !!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank lovepraha
Dear user "lovepraha",
it aches me to read such a review. I am very sad that you did not enjoy your time here. However I must point out some contradictions. First, you call our staff cold and unhelpfull I have to disagree but I understand that someone can fell that way. Second - the internet - I personaly went to your room when reception informed me on the issue and checked the connection. Maybe my phone has better wifi module than your laptop however it worked just fine anyway as we installed some new signal transmitters in January to boost the reception.
As for the entrance, I undestand that this is just matter of taste, same apply for breakfast. I have to strongly object on the fact of missing butter. We serve both butter and margarine as each guest might have different taste, but there is absolutely no way that this would be absent.
Lastly, our hotel is part of Ramada Worldwide chain which is equivalent to 4* class hotel.

I hope that this clarify the issues and that you will come back to us someday.