Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape)
US$196
US$151
US$138
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmala stranaprague castletycho brahecharles bridgesuperior suiteold townmodern bathroomminute walk to the castlequiet locationheated towel rackantique furnitureno elevatorlovely hotelrestaurant recommendationsboutique hoteldinner reservationsbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel! I booked it as a surprise for my husbands birthday for a night, so I did a whole lot of comparing between hotels in that area before I booked. I went for this hotel based on its reviews and it certainly lived up to it's reputation! It's in a perfect location in the best part of Prague. The room we stayed in was room 1, named after Czech the composer Dvořák and is actually two rooms not one. It was decorated perfectly, with a violin, a grandfather clock and a gorgeous seating arrangement for private tea and breakfast in your room. The bed was very large and comfortable with lovely antique looking furniture in the bedroom. I would like to say thank you to the staff, especially Lenka, who organised a lovely surprise breakfast with champagne and cake for my husband in our room. We have stayed in various different places in Prague before, but this hotel has been the most friendly, clean and well organised of them all :) A stay here is highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nav A
EmporaHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape), responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Nav A,
I would like to thank you for your stay in our hotel and time that you have spent for this wonderful review. It gives us a great joy to know that you and your husband have enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest and it became a part of your husbands birthday.
Thanks so much for you warm words addresed to me. It was really my pleasure to meet and help you as much as possible during all your stay.
We look forward to next visit and thank you in advance for recommending our hotel to your friends.
Best wishes from Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu,
Lenka and staff

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in June and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is in perfect location- a short walk away from Charles Bridge and the castle. We had the room on the top floor and it was spacious, and very clean and private. The staff went above and beyond are expectations to ensure we enjoyed out visit and made the most out of the beautiful city. Lenka arranged a cab to drive us from the airport to the hotel, this was easy and well priced. Breakfast was also very good- just what you need before spending the day exploring the city. I cannot recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
EmporaHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape), responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear rosiebatstone,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for you stay and for taking the time to write such a nice and positive feedback.
We were glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and will be more than glad to welcome you again on your next trip to Prague.

Warm regards from Prague,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Couldn't fault it. An excellent all round hotel in a very good area - minutes from the Castle and the really lovely park area - great views.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The trip was made even better by Lenka and Mikaela who provided lots of help and advice during our stay - certainly made our trip more interesting.

Hotel very clean, roomy, quiet, comfortable and with good breakfasts. An added bonus is that the hotel looks good - lovely furniture etc., spacious.

Room Tip: Visit Vysehrad if you have time - great views of the river and city. Lovely quiet space.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear John C,
on the behalf of all our hotel team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for your lovely review.
We were glad to hear that we were able to meet all your expectations during your stay and that you have enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest. We do appreciate that our team work has made your special o trip the one to remember.
We thank you for sharing your review with the others.
All the staff would be pleased to welcome you back at the Hotel sometimes in the future.

Regards from Prague,

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The best location and the most wonderful and helpful staff. I cannot say enough good things about this charming jewel only a few meters from Prague Castle. The room was charming and immaculate. We had room number 7 which offers a breathtaking view of their courtyard with the castle for a backdrop. We got everything we asked for and so much more. Talk to the staff, they are top notch. Eat next door in their restaurant and chat with the staff there too. The breakfast was plentiful and just right. And did I mention the location? I'm totally going back!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank rdelcid
EmporaHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape), responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear rdelcid,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your beautiful review with us!
I was delighted to learn that you fully enjoyed your stay at the Hotel at the Green grape.
With great pleasure I read, that staff made your stay memorable and exceeded all your expectations and your room was more than you expected.We are really glad that you liked as well our newly opened restaurant, Délice.
We are already looking forward to hosting you and your fiancee in our hotel again.
With warm regards,

Entire team of "Green Grape"

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for three nights, and I can honestly say it was not long enough. There were four of us, two couples, so we reserved the suite with two rooms, a huge common room and two bathrooms. Before arriving the hotel contacted us to see if we would like to set up transportation from the train station to the hotel. This was unexpected and a very welcome option, as we hadn't been contacted by any of the previous hotels we had stayed at throughout Europe. Upon arriving we were warmly greeted by the receptionist, and because we came in at 9am our room wasn't ready; however we were invited to partake in the excellent breakfast options, and they held our baggage until the room was ready. The breakfast was divine. There was always a warm options, usually some sort of eggs and sausage, a meat and cheese platter, fresh fruit and veggies, pastries to die for (literally), coffee, an array of juices, oatmeal and all the fixings and an array of breads. I thought that this was a very substantial offering, especially in Europe.

The hotel room was more than we could have hoped for. It was spacious and luxurious; with a mini bar and safe in each room (though we never felt the need to use the safe). The beds were comfortable and the decorations were authentic to the period. It was the best hotel room I have ever stayed in.

The location couldn't be better. A quick ten minute walk to the castle and monastery. Charles Bridge was only seven minutes away, and from there (as long as you didn't get lost) the Jewish Quarter and Old Town Square were only a five minute walk. There were also many restaurants very close to the hotel, many of them offering inexpensive beer (don't pay more than 30 crowns for a beer) and authentic Czech food.

I cannot say enough about this hotel. It truly made our trip! Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie K

Dear Katie K,

We would like to thank you for your stay in our hotel and time that you have spent for this warm and detailed review.
It gives us a great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest and it became a part of your Europe experience. I am particularly glad to hear that all your party liked your Superior Two-Bedroom Suite.
Moreover we really appreciate your more than kind words addressed to our staff, breakfast and hotel transport. All your tips will be definitely helpful to other travelers. Thank you again!
We hope, that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
With kind regards,