“Modern, comfortable hotel with awesome breakfast!”
Review of pentahotel Prague

pentahotel Prague
Ranked #86 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday, and got a great reduced price on Living Social. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but was fairly confident it would be ok after reading the TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. It is located outside of the city centre, but is very easy to access via metro (2 stops from city centre) or tram (4-6 tops from the centre). The reception is at the bar, and check-in was efficient and friendly. The bar itself is really cool, with modern, edgy decor. Lots of areas to chill out in comfort. The room was fantastic, again very modern and stylish, with a separate seating area, two flat screen TVs, and a very funky bathroom with cool toiletries and a huge rainforest shower head. We were at the front of the hotel so there was some noise from the trams, but we were so tired from walking around the city all day that this didn't affect our sleep at all. Blackout curtains were a nice addition. The breakfast is a massive buffet, including a full Irish (or the Czech equivalent), selection of breads and pastries, a meat and cheese selection, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt and cereals, pancakes.The juice, coffee and sparkling wine (!) on offer were all top quality too. The only negative thing I could say is that the drinks prices in the bar are really high compared to normal standards in the city, but I guess that's not unusual for hotel bars. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashling H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,516)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very cool bar atmosphere, comfortable beds and nice modern waterfall shower. Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet was amazing. I really liked the modern hip feel of everything. A bit of a walk to the center but no too long. Overall good experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed over the long bank holiday weekend. Fantastic stay! ALL staff were fantastic, super friendly and always happy to help with anything asked of them. All of the staff spoke exceptional English which made communication so easy!
Rooms were clean and tidy, pentalounge was fantastic - always busy and sport played in the background.
The food was fantastic - recommend the bbq chicken wings!
pentahotel is just on the outskirts of the town centre- you can either grab the number 8 tram which is 100 metres away, or a leisurely stroll which takes about 15-20 (I recommend this).
A massive thank you to ALL the staff that made my stay extremely enjoyable!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
pentahotel_Prague, General Manager at pentahotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you very much for the great feedback and we look forward welcoming you soon again to one of our properties.

Kidn regards

Johannes A. Schsuchu

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Me and my mum travelled to Prague as her Mother's Day gift last Monday, we hadn't had the best morning travelling there so when we walked through the door at Pentahotel, we were very much relieved! We was lovely inside!
Having emailed them prior to our arrival about my mum having a broken hand, I asked if we could checkin early at all... They replied straight away and said they would do their best to help us! When we got there at 12pm, we were in our room within 10minutes. So mum was happy!
Throughout our time there, nothing was too much trouble, all reception and breakfast staff were more than helpful.
On our last night, the guy on reception was kind enough to print our boarding passes for us, which was really really helpful!
We were sad to leave as we'd had such a fab time!
Thank you Pentahotel, if we visit you again from Essex, England, we'll be sure to come to you!
One tiny critique, if you stay here, make sure you asked your not next to the housekeeping cupboard as they are really load 1st thing in the morning, or next to the vending machine!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyTraveller220989

Thank you very much for your very kind and positive feedback. We will share all informations with the team and alse re-brief our housekeeping team. It is great to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that we may welcome you soon again to one of our properties.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have taken a group of 17 guys to Prague last weekend for a bachelor party and boy am I glad we went to the Penta. I have worked in full service hotels (mostly luxury) for the last 15 years (2.5 years in Prague) and I usually have no difficulty finding something to improve wherever I go. At the Penta I came up with nothing - and not for lack of trying.
The hotel is in a reasonably good location with easy access to the city centre. The building is in good repair and everything works. I really like the rooms and their designs as well as the look of the public areas.
We had a private meeting room and it fitted perfectly. We had both dinner and breakfast and I have heard nothing but praise from all my guys.
What really sets it apart was the service. I had a lot of (possibly quite unusual) requests both before arrival and on site and they were all accommodated with a smile. I felt exceedingly well looked after.
Once pointed out, a small error on the invoice was rectified immediately and without any bother.
I could not be more impressed. I'll stay here instead of the Four Seasons anytime. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ideally you get a corner room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
pentahotel_Prague, General Manager at pentahotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review that will be proudly shared with our team. We are very happy to see that all your expectations were fully met and we look forward welcoming you soon again to one of our properties.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

In general hotel was nice. When we just came inside you couldnt understand actually if its a hotel and where is the reception. For chilling is cool. One thing made my opinion changed was awful receptionist. She was rude how she looked at us, her manner of talking was horrible and her behaviour also. Definitely she is not a manager but she behaved as she was owner of the hotel. We have no problem with hotel, but everyday walk through a rude lady if I can call her so just makes you feel uncomfortable. 4* hotel should have such personal.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nikkiller
pentahotel_Prague, General Manager at pentahotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you very much for your honest review which will be shared with our team in oirder to improve the impact of service to our guests.
We do apologize for the bad experience and promis to work on improvements by reviewing the service processses.

We do hope that we may welcome you back to our hotel in order to make you experiencing the improvements.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is not fare from the city center. Has a good atmosphere is also great and cool for young people. Funky element is the reception, is part of the bar. The staf is young - sympathetic and helpful.
Internet is free but is very slow.
As Prague is a very hot city, this hotel is always very busy, you can see this during breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
pentahotel_Prague, General Manager at pentahotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review. It is great to read that you fully enjoyed the stay with us and we do hope to welcome you soon back to one of our properties.

Kind regards