“Great location and great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of K+K Hotel Central

K+K Hotel Central
Ranked #81 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Kemnay, United Kingdom
“Great location and great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The K&K central was one of the nicest hotels I've visited. The location is also perfect for a short trip to Prague. The staff are excellent and very helpful. Room was a bit small but not in any way too small, it was very nicely decorated and very clean.
I would be very keen to stay at another K&K hotel if this one is typical of the chain.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel very nice, ideal central location just 300m from the metro stop Namesti Republiky. 5-10mins walk to many of the main tourist attractions.
Staff were very polite and helpful.
Our room was very clean and nice, although slightly on the small size. But other rooms looked to be bigger. Bathroom had heated floor which was nice and meant the floor was never wet! No noise pollution.
Breakfast was reasonable without being exceptional. Although Buck's Fizz was a nice addition.
All in all a great hotel in an ideal central location.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisClulow
OtakarJohn, General Manager at K+K Hotel Central, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
DearMr. ChrisClulow
I would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience with our hotel with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am very delighted to read how much you have enjoyed your stay at our K+K Hotel Central from the general cleanness, the selection and the quality of the food at the buffet breakfast, the professionalism of the staff to the warm service of our team committed to delivering.

Our guest can enjoy the bigger room size in the Executive rooms with futher additional services as f.e. tabletts at disposal with free Internet surfing, late check-out and bottle of mineral water.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you in any of our K+K Hotels in the near future again.

Indore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights,its an excellent hotel situated in center of Prague, with big room,nit and tidy with all facilities and fast Wi Fi. Breakfast is also very good.People at front y desk are very co operative and ready to help you.overall experience was excellent.I will definitely stay at this hotel next time i will visit Prague and also Redmond to my friends.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vishvesh2013
Dear Mr. Vishvesh2013

Let me thank you for sharing such a positive comment about your recent stay and also further recommendation of our K+K Hotel Central.

Your enthusiastic comments are without any doubt the best reward for us and I can assure you that all your comments I will with pleasure share with the rest of our team.

Dear Mr. Vishvesh2013, anytime travelling to Prague, we will be always delighted to welcome you again in our hotel.

My very best wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed for three nights with friends on a City Break package arranged by Jet2. The hotel is an Art Nouveau delight, an old theatre ingeniously converted , the restaurant being sited in the theatre, the proscenium arch clearly visible along with the wonderfully restored art nouveau features. The staff were warm and welcoming, our rooms spotless and, as requested, situated on a higher floor. Tea and coffee making facilities were also available, again immaculately presented with attention to detail ;all of the bedding was crisp and white and appeared to be new, the beds very comfortable.
Breakfast was very good, offering a great selection, including the usual cooked fare which was topped up frequently. We did have drinks in the bar on a couple of evenings on our return, which were pricey compared to Prague in general, but this is usual in a hotel. We did find the Best Western next door to be cheaper and had a better ambience.
Overall, we could not fault the hotel, the location is excellenti, within easy walking distance of all of central Prague, the Old Town Square, Charles Bridge and the Jewish Quarter, Wencelas Square. The hotel efficiently arranged a taxi to take us up to the Castle one wet morning, which cost us about £3 per head, and were able to recommend lots of local Czech quisine restaurants .
Prague is a very beautiful, historic city; I highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 8Carrie
Dear Mrs. 8Carrie

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

To hear that your stay at our hotel stays memorable for you, is the best compliment we can receive.

I am very delighted to read such rewarding words about our staff being warm and welcoming. We are always trying to make our guest to feel like at home.

I sincerely hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best regards from Prague

Hale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

My first time in Prague, so understandably, I was smitten with this beautiful city and the location of K+K Central meant I could walk to a nearby Staropramen gastro-pub to sample the amazing beer and also stroll to absorb some of the amazing architecture nearby.

Nothing to complain about, except the curious habit for hotel staff to smoke right outside the front door of the hotel. But I don't think this is a particular fault of K+K hotel, because I noticed this at the neighbouring Best Western and Kempinski hotels as well. It really takes the shine off the check-in experience, when the same receptionist is puffing away on a cigarette in an "off work" mode, whilst clearly in uniform.

The shower takes a long time to warm up in the mornings, but that might be a condition of a heritage building, rather than poor plumbing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Emufi
OtakarJohn, General Manager at K+K Hotel Central, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Mr. Emufi

Thank you for choosing our K+K Hotel Central for your recent business trip to Prague.

I am glad to read about your positive memories of Prague.

Thank you for bringing your comment regarding smoking in front of the hotel to our attention. There is a dedicated place for smoking inside our hotel for our staff and I am very surprised to learn about your experience. I will definetely deal with this offence.

However I am very glad to find out, that you had in general a pleasant stay.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

With best regards from Prague

Resident Manager.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed with K&K hotel central for 3 nights in Prague and I found it to be an excellent choice. First of all, the location is brilliant as it is within a stone's throw from the Old town, powder tower and the municipal hall. The area includes lots of shops, great restaurants, pubs and is also within a few minutes walk from exploring the cultural aspect of Prague particularly Old town and Jewish quarter. The staff were also very friendly and welcoming and made our stay a pleasant one. We ate breakfast at the hotel, which was very good as well with plenty of options. Highly recommended, I would definitely go again! For near by food options, do yourself a favor and eat at the Czech restaurant/pub around the corner, everything there was really tasty for a bargain price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amezeini
Dear Mr. AhmedElMezeini

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing such a positive review with the Trip Advisor community.

I am very delighted to hear that you have spent such a wonderful time at our hotel, especially I was pleased to find out that the location, our K+K breakfast and the warm service of our team totally satisfied and convinced you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to KK soon
With best regards from Prague

Kauniainen, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We visited our second K+K hotel, this time in Prague early November. The usual K+K trusted qualities were there; very professional and helpful staff, superb breakfast and nice rooms. The lobby bar was a perfect place to relax after walking in the city. Which brings me to the location. It's perfect, just a few steps from Powder Tower and the old town. But also worth mentioning is the fact that the taxi drive from the airport to city center and the hotel took 15 minutes. Which other European capital offers this ? All in all, I highly recommed K+K Central Prague.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PM_Nordic_traveller
Dear Mr. PM Nordic

Thank you for your loyalty towards K+K Hotels and further recommendation of our hotel to the other travellers.

We were honoured to welcome you in our hotel and most importantly that we have made your stay memorable until today. I am also thrilled to read that you have enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel, our comfortabel rooms as well as the hight quality of standards. Your kind feedback is a wonderful encouragement to our team.

I would once again like to thank you for your time and effort, and sincerely hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

With my warmest regards,