“Wonderful birthday present”

Ranked #130 of 670 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful birthday present”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My bofriend and I stayed here for my birthday for 4 nights and we had a lovely stay.

The service was good, we arrived early and was able to check straight into our room.

The room itself was nice and big with great views of the old town,

The breakfast in the mornings was a buffet style where we had a fry up every day.

Location couldnt of been better, 2 min walk to the old town, where the christmas market was, and bars and nice restaurants were. also in the other direction there was a big shopping centre which had all the top shops.

Travelling from the airport to the hotel was easy we took a metro train and was easy to find. didnt take that long at all.

Prauge is such a lovely place to be a we will return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gemma1412

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We were there with our group of 35 people, and overall can say that stay was very good. This is well located hotel, nice staff, efficient and ready to help, waiters kind and welcoming, we as group had dinner there first night. Rooms are fine, clean spacious... For this large group maybe too small but at the end all went well without problems. It isn't fancy hotel but for sure that fine staff, very good breakfast, location if it happens that we are back to Prague will be reason to repeat our stay...In entire group we had not a single complaint, and that isn't always easy...

Room Tip: 7th floor with the balcony and view on old city
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PilgrimWorld
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed here on our pearl wedding anniversary. Nice hotel, room clean and functional. Air-con very efficient. We had a room on the 4th floor. A shame that there was no balcony as illustrated in many of the pictures of the hotel. Staff helpful and friendly. We were able to leave bags with the hotel for the day, and go out, as we had a late flight homeGreat central location only 5 minutes from the main square and 10 from Charles Bridge. Breakfast was a wide choice from the buffet

Room Tip: Try for floors 7 and 8 which seem to have balconies and views
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan A
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, very clean and the room was perfect. Bathroom was nice although smelt a little damp as there was no window but just kept the fan on.
Breakfast was better than most with a mixture to please every taste. Near to all amenities and staff very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank shon95
Burton upon Trent
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed at the Astoria Hotel in late July. Check-in was very smooth and I was given a room on the 2nd floor. There was some building work taking place right across from my window, but I did not hear a thing all the time I was there. My bed was the most comfortable of every hotel that I stayed in, in Europe this summer, including Mercure hotels. My room was air conditioned and always cool when I arrived back from a day's sightseeing. The hotel is located about 3 short streets from the Old Town Square, and is perfect for getting around the city.
I ate breakfast at the hotel every day, which was pleasant. A selection of fruit juices, tea, coffee, cereals, cold meats, hot buffet, toast & condiments.
When I checked out I was able to leave my case at the hotel for collection later, in time for my transfer to the airport. The Receptionist offered me a card with future discount if I booked directly with the hotel on a future visit to Prague.
I will return to Prague, and I will certainly be staying here again. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this beautiful city..

Room Tip: I believe that the rooms at the top of the hotel have balcony's with beautiful views of the cast...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hotel had great location just few minutes walk from old town. Breakfast was very tasty and high quality even number of varieties were bit small. Had extremely good service every time we had some questions. Only disadvantage was that on 2nd day there was some technical issues with elevator and we lived on 8th floor. But I guess it was fixed in one hour or so.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to 8th floor - it is worth of every cent. Great view over roofs and direct view from...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Vitoria, ES
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The hotel is, probably, the best choice in it's price average. Excelent location, noise proof windows, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, and least but not last, extremely close to the Old Town Square and other sight seeing places. We will definitely return. By the way, choose the double room. Your expectations will be fully fullfilled.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple