“Genuine personal service, beautiful hotel”

Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection
Ranked #63 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We arrived with our teenage son, a wheelchair user. Staff went out of their way to show us how he could access the hotel in the easiest way - there were two alternative wheelchair friendly routes to avoid the front steps. Reception staff were so welcoming and went out of their way to find us the best possible accommodation for our needs in the hotel. We had booked two rooms - they showed us three different pairs of rooms. The best option for our son was to take their very kind offer of a free upgrade to deluxe rooms conveniently located on the ground floor. We were overwhelmed by their kindness and concern.
The beauty of the hotel is breathtaking, including the tranquility of the spa. The service is what one might hope to find in an excellent boutique hotel - excellent excellent excellent all the way from housekeeping, door staff to reception staff. We'll certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rach294265

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We liked the feel of this magnifique hotel, where we spent 4 nights in June and it exceeded all our expectations. Our room had adequate space with lovely bathroom with all amenities.The bed was very comfortable and the room decor was elegant.
Staff could not have been more friendly, helpful with directions and provided excellent restaurant recommendations.
The hotel is located in the centre, not so far from the main historical sights. We relaxed almost every day after our walking in their beautiful rome spa with intimate atmosphere.
We have been travelling a lot and this is one of the best hotel we have stayed in. We couldnt say enough great things about it and hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mels_11
Reviewed 24 June 2011

The location of his hotel was ideal for everything I wanted to see in Prague. It is simply a beautiful building that is very clean and well maintained.

The staff was exemplary. I booked through a third party website that managed to complicated the reservation. The staff of the hotel--who was not to blame for the confusion--went well above and beyond what they were required to do, and they found a gorgeous, large room that offered a beautiful view.

Aymann, the head of guest services (I believe that's his title), was outstanding. He did absolutely everything he could think of to make the trip easy, luxurious, and memorable. I doubt you will run into any trouble at this hotel, but if you do, Aymann can be counted on to fix it. I don't think I've ever had a person in his position take such care to ensure a delightful stay.

I was quite happy with the bars, jazz clubs, and restaurants recommended by the staff.

The spa is great. Sauna, steam room, a lovely pool, as well as other amenities that I didn't experience.

The hotel lobby is lovely, and the cigar bar is not to be missed. It's in a vault.

There is a newer section of the hotel that is very nice but is not as stunning as the older side, so you may want to ask where your room is located. I think the newer rooms are cheaper, and they are great rooms, but they can't compete with the grandeur of the original rooms.

I'll be back to this hotel the next time I am in Prague.

Room Tip: Talk to Aymann.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank jimmykanaka
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Watch out for the mini bar! They cost alot! Also cab drivers take advantage! AAA taxi is a GOOD company

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Kittytrotter
Reviewed 10 May 2011

The hotel is perfectly located in the centre, not more than 15 minutes walk from any of the places most people comes to see in Prague.

It has a very relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. An amazing bar and a restaurant and a spa with a huge pool.

The staff is very helpful and friendly and even remembers your name!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to both leisure and business travellers.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank AndyPada
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I chose to stay at this hotel because it has a spa, however on all websites it is considered a "luxury" hotel, well.......guess that all depends on what you consider luxury. After having stayed at Mandarin Oriental and the Four Seasons, and the Wynn, Carlo IV is slightly above average. Positives: Decent size modern room (we stayed in a standard double room), lovely buffet breakfast (6am -- 11am), which was included in the price (frankly, if the breakfast wasnt included it would've been a much more judgemental review), fantastic location -- about 5 min walk to the Powder Tower, 10 min to Karlovy Bridge, yet its not in the middle of the really touristy part of town. Free WiFi and desktop computer for public use in the lobby. Full service spa and mini gym at the hotel and the use of the facilities is free of charge for guests. Hotel staff speaks English and various other languages. Negatives: When a hair dryer in my room stopped working, front desk informed me that I would have to wait for 1.5hr for the technician to come in, since it was early in the morning, when I suggested they simply give me another hair dryer, i was informed that it was not possible (so much for luxury....). Hard wired internet is available in the rooms for a fee, which is fine, however that fee is $31 for 24 hours (or $1/min), which is absolutely outrageous! Room service food is not worth the money. Hotel spa is a good option, if your other option is having no spa, however, if you have been in decent hotel spas, you will be disappointed -- There is a nice large pool and two jet tubs inside the pool, however the water in what is supposed to be the hot tubs is the same temperature as the pool water (roughly 80F). The sauna and the steam room are not bad. Have not tried massage and manicure/pedicure, due to the fact that the prices are unreasonably high. Considering the prices, I had to constantly remind myself, that I am not in New York, Vegas, London or Paris, that I am in Prague! An hour massage costs $125 and a manicure $45. To sum it up, if you find a bargain, stay at this hotel, however if you are paying full price (for period of my stay $220/night standard double), then stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank xaeonnx
Reviewed 6 April 2011

The staff was friendly, and our room was confortable and medium sized. However, the hotel needs an overall renovation. The tiles of the swiming pool were falling appart, and it looked as if the water was not changed for a few days. For a "five star" hotel, we could expect more. But since we had a good deal in the price, it ended up being worth it.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple