“Excellent Service - Great Staffs”

Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection
Ranked #62 of 649 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service - Great Staffs”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The service is excellent throughout. Breakfast is good. Our room had the ventilation issue. After informing hotel staffs, they took action quickly, technician came to inspect and finally they moved us to the new room. They dealed with the problem with great sense of urgency!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Roongtiwee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Gourock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Given the ambivalence of some previous reviews, we had some doubts about this hotel, but happily they were all unfounded. From the very start, the staff were very friendly and helpful - from the receptionist who gave us very clear directions re getting about on the trams and metro, to the waitress at breakfast who remembered our order every morning after day one (we stayed for 4 nights).
We were upgraded to a Junior Suite, which was sumptuous, with a lovely view of the central railway station (worth a visit - rather dilapidated, but impressive, nonetheless). As we'd arrive quite late, we ate in the hotel restaurant the first evening - nice food, lovely surroundings and attentive service, but (probably due to the time of year - early November) very quiet - only one other table occupied;for the rest of our stay, we preferred to experience some of the restaurants and pubs around the city.
The pool was beautiful -sadly, the jacuzzi wasn't working, but the subdued lighting was very soothing.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of Wenceslas Square and a reasonable walk to the old town, but best of all, it's really handy for both trams and the metro, so you can see all the sights without getting too footsore.
If you like a bit of luxury and decadence, this hotel is definitely for you. I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: We were in the old part of the hotel, which I think has more atmosphere than the modern part, and fr...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank morag o
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We saved hard and booked here as a birthday holiday and treat for me after a pretty hard year. I was so excited because all I had read about the hotel was fantastic and the photos looked beautiful. The hotel is gorgeous and the entrance hall/reception is breathtaking however that’s as far as I got before it all went wrong.

Upon check in we were informed the pool would be out of order for the duration of our weeks stay – very disappointing, we were not warned on this at any point before arriving and I feel we should have been offered some sort of compensation for this, but no.

We were then shown to our room, upon first impression the room was very nice and I was happy for about 10 minutes until my boyfriend found a large mouldy damp patch by the window. It was mostly out of sight but the problem we had was it was still damp with black mould which would have been terrible for my partner’s asthma!! I wasn’t too worried; I expected to just be moved to a non-mouldy room. However, they informed us they only had one other room available and it would be smaller!

We had no choice but to take it and I was SO disappointed. I didn’t think a 5* hotel would have rooms like it. It was very small with angular ceilings like an attic so it felt very claustrophobic. The window was tiny and up so high the room was dingy and depressing.

The staff were very helpful and bought our things from the mouldy room to the tiny one for us and were all very polite throughout our stay. However this did not make up for the huge disappointment of no pool and budget style room. All in all I didn’t feel I was staying in the 5* hotel we had paid for.

No-one apologised or offered us any sort of compensation for ruining our long saved for treat of a luxury holiday, for this reason I would never go back and will not recommend this hotel. A gesture of goodwill goes a long way, the apparent lack of caring from this hotel speaks volumes.

Room Tip: If you end up in a dingy room with angular ceilings like an attic and half a window ask to move! The...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank MissTwizz
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have recently returned from a lovely stay at the Boscolo Carlton IV. I stayed for three nights and was a solo traveller.

Getting to the hotel: I decided to take the bus/metro to the hotel. Buy your ticket in the arrivals hall and it’s bus 100 from directly outside the terminal (to the right hand side) then Metro line B to Nameski Republicky (or something similar), I think it was 8 stops on the train. It cost all of 32CZK. From the train station turn left and go to the corner of Municipale House. Take the left and walk past several hotels (including Hotel central K+K on the right hand side), turn right then at the end turn left and you will see the red signs for the hotel. I got caught out as I just read the Carlton and not Boscolo.

Check in: This was very smooth and quick. I was allowed to check in earlier than 14:00. I was offered a glass of juice upon arrival at the desk. My credit card was taken a pre-authorisation and this was ok. I was given some leaflets and directed to my room. Very smooth and efficient.

Room: I stayed in room 346 (I think) and the room was lovely. I had a large king size bed all to myself. There was a mini bar but of course very expensive. No tea and coffee making facilities as they expect you to order room service. The bathroom was lovely, large bath with shower, b-day and lovely sink. The only downsides were the view from the room was of a wall. And I could not turn the heating off. It did get very stuffy and the fan was quite loud.

Room service: I ordered room service on my first night and although my hamburger and chips was nice, it was very expensive. It cost 500CZK plus 100CZK for delivery, so £20.50 for a burger!!

Movies: I also paid to watch a few recent films and again very expensive, worked out 310CZK (£10.64 per movie!).

Spa: The spa facilities were lovely however this was where the hotel fell down. The area around the pool was full of used towels, robes and dirty dishes/glasses from guests. The spa staff should have been keeping it clean more regularly.
I could not find out how the Jacuzzis worked, neither did any of the other guests when I was there.
The sauna/steam room were good. The plunge pool was very cold, it seems a similar temperature to the pool.

Spa treatments: I had a 60 minute hot stone massage. My male therapist was very professional and good, although it would have been nice to have the option for a female therapist.
The problem I had with my massage was it was very noisy with people walking past the room so it was difficult to fully ‘relax’. Although you can not control guests, I feel if there were signs requesting people to be quiet, which would have helped. Also children were using the pool so that made it noisy and I did hear members of staff talking which they should certainly know to be quiet. The massage was rather expensive at 2300CZK so it’s ashame I couldn’t fully enjoy it.

I can not comment on the restaurant or bar as I did not use these. The areas looked lovely but I decided to eat out most days.

The lobby area was nice and they were redecorating as well. The two computers with free internet was handy but for a ‘5*’ hotel, I would have expected free wifi in the room.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel to others. I would just say please don’t fully expect a 5* service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I highly recommend this hotel. Nice setup, clean, classical though renovated. The staff is very empathic and helpful. The wi-fi signal in my room was too poor but it was fixed within a few hours by the addition of an extra router closer to me. There also was a problem with insufficient water pressure one morning. This too was fixed within minutes and, the same evening, I had a basket of fruit waiting in my room with a very nice apology note from the manager. Every staff member had a professional attitude, a smile, an courteous gesture. I must also mention that the place is nicely located nearby popular (touristic) places though outside crowds and traffic.

Room Tip: Some rooms are located far away from the elevators and the end of long hallways. If you mind the lon...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank VKassardjian
Chester, UK
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We chose to stay at the Boscolo because of its location and were not disappointed. It is an easy walk into town and great location also to walk to and from the airport express which drops off at the main train station. When we arrived, however we were initially disappointed as the room we were shown to did not have a cot set up ready for our toddler, the room also would only have fitted a cot at a very tight squeeze. Wouldn't have been room to walk around the bed. We explained the problem to the staff and they were extremely helpful. We were given an upgrade to a deluxe room which had plenty of space and was a very pleasant room. Huge and very comfortable bed! Breakfasts were excellent, plenty of choice. The pool was fine, a little on the cool side and unfortunately the jacuzzi was not working. A little niggle was the hotel is only accessible via a flight of stairs, which with a buggy was't really the most welcome sight at the end of a day's sightseeing!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KarenandRick
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Yes, the hotel is luxurious. Yes, it looks great. Yes, it has great service. No, it isn't located near anything. In the outskirts, away from all the restaurants, sights, the river. The area was near dead, with little or nothing within a short walk. In fact, just going to and from the hotel into the city center was he only time we felt unsafe. Not my favorite hotel just for location alone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple