“Boscolo Prague”

Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection
Ranked #63 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Excellent hotel. very well located, far enough to be quiet and close enough to walk. The facilities are excellent as is the breakfast, fast and with quick and responsive service. The reception staff are very helpful, honest in their views and well informed. They have the discretionary authority to correct anything that is amiss and they do so quickly and with minimal disruption. Well trained, knowledgeable and efficient staff all around, ex. having umbrellas available for guests when it rains.
This is truly first class service and a great hotel. perfect for Prague holiday.

Room Tip: Let reservations know what ypou nered and they will take care of it, nothing is too small or too big...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,807)

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Polite and professional service from the moment of arrival. The reservation was made last minute via Marriot, so there was the added benefit of their discount programs. Upon arrival, they offloaded the luggage, parked the car, and provided an immediate upgrade to a Junior Suite. The suite was spacious, well appointed, and had a unique charm as does the rest of the property as what looks to be a former palace. The breakfast buffet was diverse and of good quality. Unfortunately, they were booked solid when I tried to extend another night. So they called over to their sister group hotel the Prague Marriott, who not only reduced the discounted rate I had booked the Boscolo, but provided their own upgrade for the inconvenience. The only thing I had to do is get to the other hotel, around the block. Not easy, but three wise men from the staff and a tourist map and they gave the exact driving directions. Nice gym facilities available, with free weight dumb bells and a pool/spa area. Excellent property and I will surely stay again on repeat visits to Prague.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We had a great stay at Boscolo Prague. Staff made us feel welcome. We followed their recommendation on tours and restaurants and eerything was perfect. The hotel is near all things to see in Prague. Pool area is great for relaxation after exploring the city. We paid for an upgrade to a superior room with breakfast. Room was great, high ceilings, marble bathroom. Superb hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Muriel123
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Beautiful building, sweeping staircase and lush orchids welcomed us on our working vacation trip. Lisa, the front desk manager, checked us in and was pleasant and helpful, sharing tips and suggestions for our stay Jan was a perfect gentleman, bringing our bags up to our room and showing us where everything was. While there was no exceptional view of the river or the city center, the beautiful architecture of the hotel, along with the ambiance overcame that. Room was small but lavishly appointed, loved the bath salts for the deep soaking tub and the lush robes and slippers. Next morning we had the breakfast buffet, deftly cared for by Anthony, which was varied and, as we learned over our 5 day stay, always the same. That may be my only complaint of all. Nicholas at the bell desk secured a vehicle to bring us downtown to start our investigations. After a long day, we had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant, and were treated like royalty by George. The pool - well, fantastic doesn't describe the atmosphere!! Grottoes, jacuzzis and waterfall massage. We capped off our five stay with a couples' two hour Carlos IV spa treatment before heading off to the airport. Would without a doubt recommend the Boscolo to anyone wanting to be pampered while in Prague. We will definitely be back on future trips.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2012

First and foremost, the building is breathtaking inside and out. If you want a hotel that has spectacular decor and lavish architecture, this succeeds at every turn. The result is an immediate atmosphere of romance, which is what we were looking for.

We received a warm welcome, but nothing exceptional. Upon stepping into our room, we were surprised by the unusual layout - the bed was on a mezzanine floor. This 2nd floor was really lovely with an AMAZING bed. The 'ground floor' and bathroom was a bit small and oddly shaped making it feel quite cramped. The bathroom was very impressive to look at and use - the only problem was that brown water came out of the taps when we ran a bath or had a shower.

One of the most disappointing things about the room was the view - a stunning display of the back of a block of apartments! We were hoping for something a little more cultural, but it wasn't to be. It almost felt like we had been pushed to the very back of the hotel.

We also had dinner the night of our arrival. A WORD OF WARNING - it is ridiculously over priced. Yes, it was good food, but I have had much better and for half the price. The restaurant service was stunted and underwhelming.

The swimming pool is much like the building that houses it - stunning. Unfortunately, the heating was broken when we went, meaning that we missed out on the promises of a "heated pool", but this could not be helped. The sauna was lovely and the changing rooms, clean. The pool service was non existent though, forcing us to walk to the other end of the lower floor to find the attendant.

The location is amazing though. You walk out of the hotel (and receive a lovely greeting by the doorman) and in about 10 minutes you are in the very heart of Prague. Very close to Wencesles Square and everything else. Excellent walking times, fantastic, picturesque part of town. Couldn't fault it for that.

So, in summery, this hotel is stunning and very romantic. The room we had fell a little short in some areas, but was generally very nice. The location is excellent, but the food is grossly over priced. The service was fair, but I would have expected a greater effort for a 5 star hotel. The swimming pool is lovely, but go when the heating actually works!

A slight lack of personal touch, which is moderately compensated for by the sheer magnificence of the building, leads me to absolutely recommend it, especially if you are looking for a romantic getaway, but I believe it falls more into the realms of 4 star, so adjust your expectations accordingly!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the front of the building to get a better view!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank this_is_cby
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I booked several nights at this hotel in early July to celebrate my birthday in style in one of my favorite cities in Europe. I was no stranger to Prague, but that part of town and this hotel were my first, and what a great choice it had turned out to be!

My booking was for a standard room with no breakfast, not the most extravagant of birthday celebrations, so immediately upon arrival to the check in desk I asked for my upgrade options. The lobby was magnificent in design, a dash of neo-renaissance with quite the bohemian feel you would expect in that part of the world. Very spacious, helpful butlers and very friendly receptionists, I knew I had come to the right place!

Emanuelle, my very helpful concierge, gladly showed me my room and my upgrade options. The presidential suite was taken that night, so I went for the next best thing, a junior suite with some personal tweaked options! We were able to shake hands on a pretty good nightly rate that included breakfast and a whole bunch of other stuff, couldn't have asked for more. I was also able to negotiate my way into getting free internet in the room for three days, which would have knocked me back a good 60 euros, not bad!

The design of the hotel was what I would describe as bohemian neo-renaissance peppered with a dash of vintage, my only comment would be that the hotel's logo does not complement it's design and intended image in my opinion, but that is a subjective statement!

My suite was very spacious, complementing the hotel's interiors had high ceilings and beautiful wooden architecture. The bed was king size plus, plenty of room for all kinds of things! I had two massive screens in the suite, one was pointed towards the bed and the other towards the salon area, both were at least 32" with surround sound. The closet was massive and had pretty much everything you might expect, great attention to detail. The only downside to the room was that the toilet wasn't as big as I had hoped it would be, just average size. Room service was ace, food was served fast and was great quality, also not too pricey compared to other places I've been to.

The pool and spa area were brilliant indeed, an added benefit was that they were very quite when I was around, I got a nice massage for half price, cant complain!

The hotel really benefits from a very central location, 5 minutes away from both old market town square and Wenceslas square, it was ideal to catch some Euro2012 action in town and the party afterwards then head back to the hotel, very well served by the trams as well, although Prague is a very walkable city and I would always advocate walking everywhere and enjoying the beautiful Bohemian architecture!

That being said there are some few downsides to this place that really made me think about whether to give it 4 or 5. The breakfast was below average and the selection was weak, the layout of the food was unappealing to me, especially that breakfast is held in the same area as the bar which converts neatly into a breakfast space in the morning, but for those of us staying up late in the bar, a change would have been nicer! Other not so great factors include the sound of the AC in the room, the proximity of the suite to the street and thus whenever the tram passed by the whole suite would shake a little. Ultimately the beauty of the suite, the lovely vintage retro feel of the place and the friendly staff tipped things here in favor of a full 5/5, and well deserved so! Highly recommended place.

Room Tip: Make sure to visit the Cigar bar, quite the experience with some nice brandy!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank KayDude
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The Boscolo Prague lived up to all expectations on our recent trip to Prague - July 2012. The location is perfect. The entryway, classy and beautiful. The hotel staff, very pleasant and helpful. The rooms, gorgeous - high ceilings with exquisite drapery on the windows. Ample space, and comfortable design elements. The parquet floors were lovely, etc. Additionally, the breakfast was amazing and over the top. Fresh fruit, cheeses, omelets or eggs made to order, lox, pastries. Also, the pool area was so relaxing and a nice break in between sight-seeing adventures. We had our best stay in Europe at the Boscolo Prague!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple