“Would definitely use this hotel again.”

Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection
Ranked #62 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Would definitely use this hotel again.”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Very nice hotel indeed. Was a bit disappointed to get a room facing a wall, but didn't really bother us during the three night stay as we were not in there very much. The room itself was lovely, with comfortable bed, lovely bathroom and good housekeeping services. No noise from outside to disturb our sleep either.

The staff at the hotel are very helpful and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.

The breakfast spread was superb, everything you could want and the bubbly was a nice touch.

Used the spa after a long day sightseeing, very relaxing.

First visit to Prague and absolutely loved it - all within easy reach of this hotel, and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Despite having no view, the room itself was very comfortable and quiet, perfect for a good night'...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 264sueo
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay with Boscolo Prague.
I am pleased to learn that you have had a relaxing stay and that you have enjoyed your first – but hope not last – visit to our beautiful city.

With the entire Boscolo Prague team we are looking forward to welcome you back at our hotel with further insider tips about the city and more pampering treatments at the Spa alongside with the breakfast you mentioned we are truly proud of!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Katalin Kiralyhegyi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Porto de Galinhas, PE
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a room on the ground floor at the back of reception. We were using our Marriott Elite points and were disappointed with the size of the room. Furniture was nice, quite opulent but the mattress was rock hard. Pillows were thin and cheap.
We had dinner at the New York Cafe but it wasn't to the quality of the one in Budapest. There are better options within walking distance.
The spa facilities were impressing but the pool water was freezing cold.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Laura M
Dear valued guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your honest feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay.
At Boscolo Prague we do our best to ensure that all our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay and I honestly regret that in your occasion we failed to provide this.

As we highly value you as a Marriott Elite Member, we tried to make your stay even more special by upgrading you to a Superior room. I am extremely sorry to learn that this historical room did not meet your expectations.
I have shared your comments with the management and although so far we have not received any comments regarding the quality of our pillows, arrangements has been made and I am happy to inform you that we are receiving new sets of pillows in the following months for the entire hotel to add to the comfort of our guests.

I am happy that you have found our spa facilities impressive, we are truly proud of it and also of the swimming pool which is one of the biggest indoor hotel pools in Prague. The water temperature is set to a constant 28/30 Celsius degrees to meet the needs of both swimmers and bathers. Unfortunately any higher than this would make swimming unpleasant for most guests. I am sorry to hear that this temperature you did not find satisfying.

I sincerely hope that should your travels bring you back to Prague you give us another chance and choose our hotel to look after your lodging needs.

Should you have any questions or requirements we do not yet know about your possible next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues at the Reception. We are at your service any time.

Yours Sincerely,

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We arrived at the hotel to find this magnificent lobby with a cellist playing lilting melodies. Because we were early, the room wasn't ready (which we knew would be the case) but I wasn't feeling well so I asked to be notified as soon as it was and pointed to where I was sitting in the lobby. After waiting for two hours I went up to the desk and asked the same woman how close we were to a room being available. The room was ready. It would have been nice if she had let me know since she could see where I was sitting, but this is the kind of service I've come to expect to Prague -- just not at such a fine hotel.

When we got to the room I was shocked. It was nothing like the hotel lobby or some of the rooms we passed along the way in the hall. Our room was in an annex that faced an old stucco wall. I'm sure they knew this was pretty bad because they painted green leaves on a glass partition outside the window to try to obscure it.

Our room price included breakfast and it was substantial, delicious, and well-served. There was a pool/spa that we didn't use but appeared to be outstanding. Our friends used the pool and said it was great. The location is OK. I've been to Prague before and stayed at places more centrally located. This is a bit on the outskirts of the main area. Walkable, but not in the midst of the action.

This is another example of my philosophy, don't stay at the best hotel in a cheap room, stay at a less expensive hotel in the best room and you'll be happier.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the annex. Ask for a room in the original hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LPF
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and taking the time for writing such an honest feedback.
I am delighted to learn how much you were pleased with our Lobby and the live music we have daily and also our breakfast of which we are really proud.

I sincerely regret that we could not provide you earlier with an available room, but I can assure you that my colleague would have informed you should it have been ready earlier than you asked. I apologize for the inconveniences caused by the waiting time but unfortunately there is no guarantee that we can give you a room earlier than the official check in time although we try to do our best.

As you mentioned we do have a different style and design in new part of the hotel to the historical part to meet the varied needs of our guest.
Because our hotel is located in the heart of Prague, between other historical buildings, not all our rooms have a city view.

I honestly hope that you give us another chance to restore your confidence in Boscolo Prague and should you wish to reserve a room for your next stay we will provide you with a room to your preference in the historical part of the building. I would also recommend to try our one of our spa treatments this time, we have a truly outstanding selection to choose from as you mentioned.

Should you have any questions or further recommendations please do not hesitate to contact me on guestrelation.manager@prague.boscolo.com

Yours Sincerely,

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is built into a wonderful Prague building, that used to house a bank in the 19th century.
The inside is also remarkably grand and feels unique.
We got an upgrade to a junior suite, based on my gold tire with Marriott Rewards, and that entirely was a king's experience, for the room has high, decorated ceilings and old style furniture. The view was to the street and it was very nice too.
It's very roomy and the complimentary Nespresso machine upgraded it even more.
The staff was extremely kind, and we got a late check out at 5pm (!).
More to it, the breakfast was great and felt very luxurious. There was even a lady playing a harp.
We also tried the swimming pool, which is the biggest in all of Prague's luxury hotels, and was very fun to be.

Room Tip: Better pay more for a junior suite, or hope for a free upgrade if you carry a gold or platinum Marri...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tomhaifa
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your great comments about your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read about how much you enjoyed your stay in our historical building, the spa, the breakfast and the harpist providing background music daily in the Lobby for a coffee or tea - all the little touches that can add up to a special and relaxing stay.
I have shared your comments with our team members as a great motivation to keep up the devoted good work for our guests.

Should your travels bring you back to Prague, we are looking forward to welcome you back in Boscolo Prague.

FloridaUSA
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Loved the hotel. In old historic building 10 minute walk to main square and across street from train station. Room was beautiful, comfortable, and good size. Must have had about a 15 or 20 foot ceiling. Nice halls and great staircase on third floor. Believe it had been a bank and also a government building in past. Sven Tuc at front desk was helpful, knowledgeable, gave great recommendations and added to our satisfaction with this hotel. Only negative was business center, one computer next to back elevator with such a slow connection I gave up. Other than that, fantastic hotel and where we will stay next time in Prague.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JD258
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear valued guest,

thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor comunity.
We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed the stay, our comfortable rooms and the level of staff service.

Sven was delighted to read your comments. He is a great asset to our team!

Thank you for your comment regarding the business centre, our IT manager will make sure that this is resolved shortly.

Hope to see you soon back!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My first trip to Prague after 10 years. The Boscolo was the perfect place to stay. Gorgeous lobby, excellent service, comfortable room and a beautiful spa area. The staff was superb, helpful and always at the ready. I cannot recommend this hotel more highly!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear valued guest,

we are very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Boscolo Prague Hotel.Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for the recommendation.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Davis, California
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I am a gold Marriott member and my wife and I used the points for this stay in Prague. The staff went over and above to accommodate us and were very friendly and helpful.
The room was nice and clean, spa is fantastic. Great location to discover Prague. Must stay.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your great review! There is nothing more rewarding than hearing that our guests had a wonderful time here at Boscolo Prague.
I am so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed everything and that your stay was such a pleasant one.
We greatly appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon!