“WOW WOW WOW!!!!”

Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection
Ranked #63 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This was the "official" start to our Uniworld Rivercruise- what a fantastic place! Our room was outstanding.
Got there before our room was ready, but we were able to safely leave our luggage so we could start sight seeing. Old Town was an easy walk from the hotel as were some really good restaurants.
The morning buffet was worthy of 5 stars! Also had a harpist which was very relaxing. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant the first night- I did not think it was more than a 2 star rating. Food was luke warm, dry and service was S-L-O-W.
As a smoker, it was nice to have the Cigar Bar to go into and enjoy an "adult beverage" (or two) and a few smokes. Service staff brought "bar munchies", which made it nice.
We would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lori D
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear valued guest,

we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We have made several enhancements in our full american breakfast offer and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the performance of our talented harpist.

Our staff has been trained to make guests feel as peacefull and content as possible. Fortunatly, Boscolo Hotel is located on the suburb of the absolute center of Prague, that is why it is very simple to find yourself wandering around in the heart of our capital city.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with the dinner. I have informed our Food and Beverage Manager to prevent this situation in the future.

Our Cigar bar is one of the gems of the hotel. It has a long history and I am glad that you spent some nice time there.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Guest Relation Executive

Write a ReviewReviews (2,841)

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Boscolo Prague was absolutely amazing. From the welcome by the top hat valet to the entrance of the grand lobby with a major WOW factor. The contemporary grandeur of the lobby was really cool. The front desk staff operated from desks were totally professional and answered any Qs we had. This historic hotel was built back in the day and Boscolo has maintained this old charm with a very modern twist. The hallways to the room were wide with 50 foot ceilings. The room and bathroom was rather large with all amenities. Beds, linens and bathroom products were excellent and high end. Being seasoned travelers we were really blown away by the quality of this Marriott Autograph Collection property. If you plan on arriving by train be warned that it is a 3 min walk to the hotel. Don't get taken for a joy ride by taxis as its a common occurrence in Prague. Boscolo is also ideally located within a 10 min walk to the heart of the old square. The neighborhood is much calmer with shops and wine bars etc. we had originally wanted to stay at the Kempinski but I am glad we did not. Their neighborhood was way too busy with trucks, buses and taxis. Be sure to pack swimwear as the Boscolo spa was one if the best we have seen and was complementary to the guests We had not planned for it so we just observed and longed to be part of the experience. The buffet breakfast that was included in our rate was also amazing. The variety and quality of food was excellent. Free Internet, great bar, cigar bar and lots of other features that made our stay pleasurable. Do not hesitate, this is the place to stay. Prague was a great city but the 'old city' was not that old. It's filled with fast food, chain clothing stores and souvenir shops. If you enjoy viditing bars, go visit the comic book bar. It's in the old square and is kind of quaint. Loved Prague and loved the Boscolo.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bfernandes

Dear valued guest,

we appreciate you are taking time to submit your great comments and delighted that you had such a pleasant stay. Our central location is definitely an advantage for us as we are walking distance to really everything around us.

I regret to hear that you did not have a chance to relax in our beautiful Spa. Hopefully next time you will have some spare time and try all the beautiful amenities which our charming Spa offers.

As we are the part of Marriott family you can expect the same high level of services plus the charming atmosphere of our historical building.

We are excited when guests provide such a glowing review and as you consider us again upon your return, you will see how we are making this wonderful property even better.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We've spent 4 nights in this hotel, it's a massive building, very somptous, close to the centre of Prague.
Breakfast is very good, with chef cooking eggs in front of you.
We spent a few hours in the jacuzzi swimming pool - included in room price: great!
Just check for good offers,for it's a little bit overpriced.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Enjoy the jacuzzi swimming pool!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GiuliaGVA

Dear valued guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your feedback. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Boscolo Prague. I am happy to hear that you had a chance to relax in our unique Spa which is one of the many highlights of our hotel.

Thank you again and we all hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Very nice hotel indeed. Was a bit disappointed to get a room facing a wall, but didn't really bother us during the three night stay as we were not in there very much. The room itself was lovely, with comfortable bed, lovely bathroom and good housekeeping services. No noise from outside to disturb our sleep either.

The staff at the hotel are very helpful and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.

The breakfast spread was superb, everything you could want and the bubbly was a nice touch.

Used the spa after a long day sightseeing, very relaxing.

First visit to Prague and absolutely loved it - all within easy reach of this hotel, and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Despite having no view, the room itself was very comfortable and quiet, perfect for a good night'...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 264sueo
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay with Boscolo Prague.
I am pleased to learn that you have had a relaxing stay and that you have enjoyed your first – but hope not last – visit to our beautiful city.

With the entire Boscolo Prague team we are looking forward to welcome you back at our hotel with further insider tips about the city and more pampering treatments at the Spa alongside with the breakfast you mentioned we are truly proud of!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a room on the ground floor at the back of reception. We were using our Marriott Elite points and were disappointed with the size of the room. Furniture was nice, quite opulent but the mattress was rock hard. Pillows were thin and cheap.
We had dinner at the New York Cafe but it wasn't to the quality of the one in Budapest. There are better options within walking distance.
The spa facilities were impressing but the pool water was freezing cold.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Laura M

Dear valued guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your honest feedback and for taking the time to review your recent stay.
At Boscolo Prague we do our best to ensure that all our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay and I honestly regret that in your occasion we failed to provide this.

As we highly value you as a Marriott Elite Member, we tried to make your stay even more special by upgrading you to a Superior room. I am extremely sorry to learn that this historical room did not meet your expectations.
I have shared your comments with the management and although so far we have not received any comments regarding the quality of our pillows, arrangements has been made and I am happy to inform you that we are receiving new sets of pillows in the following months for the entire hotel to add to the comfort of our guests.

I am happy that you have found our spa facilities impressive, we are truly proud of it and also of the swimming pool which is one of the biggest indoor hotel pools in Prague. The water temperature is set to a constant 28/30 Celsius degrees to meet the needs of both swimmers and bathers. Unfortunately any higher than this would make swimming unpleasant for most guests. I am sorry to hear that this temperature you did not find satisfying.

I sincerely hope that should your travels bring you back to Prague you give us another chance and choose our hotel to look after your lodging needs.

Should you have any questions or requirements we do not yet know about your possible next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues at the Reception. We are at your service any time.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We arrived at the hotel to find this magnificent lobby with a cellist playing lilting melodies. Because we were early, the room wasn't ready (which we knew would be the case) but I wasn't feeling well so I asked to be notified as soon as it was and pointed to where I was sitting in the lobby. After waiting for two hours I went up to the desk and asked the same woman how close we were to a room being available. The room was ready. It would have been nice if she had let me know since she could see where I was sitting, but this is the kind of service I've come to expect to Prague -- just not at such a fine hotel.

When we got to the room I was shocked. It was nothing like the hotel lobby or some of the rooms we passed along the way in the hall. Our room was in an annex that faced an old stucco wall. I'm sure they knew this was pretty bad because they painted green leaves on a glass partition outside the window to try to obscure it.

Our room price included breakfast and it was substantial, delicious, and well-served. There was a pool/spa that we didn't use but appeared to be outstanding. Our friends used the pool and said it was great. The location is OK. I've been to Prague before and stayed at places more centrally located. This is a bit on the outskirts of the main area. Walkable, but not in the midst of the action.

This is another example of my philosophy, don't stay at the best hotel in a cheap room, stay at a less expensive hotel in the best room and you'll be happier.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the annex. Ask for a room in the original hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LPF

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and taking the time for writing such an honest feedback.
I am delighted to learn how much you were pleased with our Lobby and the live music we have daily and also our breakfast of which we are really proud.

I sincerely regret that we could not provide you earlier with an available room, but I can assure you that my colleague would have informed you should it have been ready earlier than you asked. I apologize for the inconveniences caused by the waiting time but unfortunately there is no guarantee that we can give you a room earlier than the official check in time although we try to do our best.

As you mentioned we do have a different style and design in new part of the hotel to the historical part to meet the varied needs of our guest.
Because our hotel is located in the heart of Prague, between other historical buildings, not all our rooms have a city view.

I honestly hope that you give us another chance to restore your confidence in Boscolo Prague and should you wish to reserve a room for your next stay we will provide you with a room to your preference in the historical part of the building. I would also recommend to try our one of our spa treatments this time, we have a truly outstanding selection to choose from as you mentioned.

Should you have any questions or further recommendations please do not hesitate to contact me on guestrelation.manager@prague.boscolo.com

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is built into a wonderful Prague building, that used to house a bank in the 19th century.
The inside is also remarkably grand and feels unique.
We got an upgrade to a junior suite, based on my gold tire with Marriott Rewards, and that entirely was a king's experience, for the room has high, decorated ceilings and old style furniture. The view was to the street and it was very nice too.
It's very roomy and the complimentary Nespresso machine upgraded it even more.
The staff was extremely kind, and we got a late check out at 5pm (!).
More to it, the breakfast was great and felt very luxurious. There was even a lady playing a harp.
We also tried the swimming pool, which is the biggest in all of Prague's luxury hotels, and was very fun to be.

Room Tip: Better pay more for a junior suite, or hope for a free upgrade if you carry a gold or platinum Marri...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tomhaifa

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your great comments about your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read about how much you enjoyed your stay in our historical building, the spa, the breakfast and the harpist providing background music daily in the Lobby for a coffee or tea - all the little touches that can add up to a special and relaxing stay.
I have shared your comments with our team members as a great motivation to keep up the devoted good work for our guests.

Should your travels bring you back to Prague, we are looking forward to welcome you back in Boscolo Prague.