“Gorgeous Hotel”

Ranked #62 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Atlanta, Georgia
“Gorgeous Hotel”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Loved the hotel- luxury, great value for the money....However!! We booked the hotel for two nights. The first night we arrived, we were told there wasn't a room for us. They did, however, book us at a nearby hotel, shuttled us there, and gave us a free meal at their restaurant the following day. They did try to take care of the issue, but after travelling all day, we were exhausted and just wanted to take a shower. It was disappointing.

When we did get into our room, they upgraded us to a junior suite which was very nice!! The hotel is gorgeous and the service is excellent.... (Again, barring the mishap that first night).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor!
Thank you also for the nice comments about our hotel, I was delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our services and appreciated our effort to make up for the inconveniences on the first night.
In the name of the entire Boscolo Prague team I would like to sincerely apologize again for having to move you for one night to an other hotel but I do hope that you have enjoyed your time in both places and felt well looked after throughout your entire stay.

I honestly hope this will not break your trust in Boscolo Prague and you would choose our hotel again for your lodging needs should your travels bring you back to Prague.

In the name of the Boscolo Prague team I am wishing you and your beloved ones a Happy New Year and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Guest Relation Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I had chose to stay here for three nights in Prague preferring the Boscolo to the traditional Marriott property as this hotel is in an old converted bank and I was looking for something with a bit of character. Upon arrival it looks impressive from the outside though there are only stairs with no luggage ramp ( annoying but not a deal breaker) to get to what is undiniably a beautiful lobby.

I am a platinum Marriott member and was given a deluxe room. this "deluxe" title is a joke. you could barely wheel in your suitcase it is so narrow and you basically fall right onto the bed. there was zero room to walk around and the room was super hot and without a proper working air vent. on the first night kids ran up and down the hall screaming for hours. I had to call the front desk but no one ever answered. ( good luck getting the room service extension to pick up as well!). finally security came up but could " not find" the rowdy kids.

Maybe that is a one off but what was CONSTANT was the banging and slamming of doors, the ability to hear your neighbor and every conversation in the hallway, every time someone closed a closet door...the noise was unbearable. To end our trip though the "do not destrub" sign was on the door, the cleaning woman walked in on me in the shower..AWESOME.

I travel 50% of the year so I was so hoping to love this hotel however this place was just awful and one I would avoid at all costs. That said they do have a nice breakfast buffet open each day until 11am, are in a great location across the street from the bus station and close to all attractions. Sadly that isn't enough to make staying here worth it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor community.
All guests are important to us and we try to do our best to satisfy all needs.

We highly value our Marriott Members and we always try to upgrade our Platinum Members if the occupancy allows it. Unfortunately during your stay we had full occupancy, therefore we could not upgrade you to a higher cathegory room than what you have reserved.

I honestly regret that we did not fulfill your expectations for the rooms. Since we are located in a historical building there are several things we are not allowed to change, like the mentioned entrance or the size of certain rooms. They might differ from each other depending on their cathegory and location.
I was happy to read though that you liked our Lobby, which we are truly proud of.
I only wish we knew earlier about the inconveniences you experienced, not only after you left the property, we would definitely have tried to find a solution to satisfy your needs.

I have double checked with my colleagues what happened the first night and by the time the colleague got to the corridor the mentioned children were not there anymore.
I sincerely apologize for the noise and if you had to wait longer than necessary to reach the colleagues, but the telephone lines were extremely busy that evening, that is why we could not answer immediately.

I have also checked with the Housekeeping Management as well as with the Security what happened on day of your departure, and it was clearly visible on the security camera that noone physically entered your room, the colleague for security reasons and by good will only closed your entrance door which was left open. Noone from our colleagues would enter any room with a Do not disturb sign on the door.

I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with our breakfast as well as with the location of the hotel, being close to most major attractions.

Wishing you safe travels in 2014!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed three nights over the Christmas 2013 holiday. The hotel is very beautiful. The location is very convenient ... a short 10 minute walk to the main town square and also very close to a tram stop. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. The breakfast has a very nice selection. The room was very comfortable but it was extremely warm even when the heat was turned off so open windows made it a bit noisy. The WiFi is very expensive and after paying a rather large amount, we discovered only two devices can be connected.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!

I am glad you liked our hotel and its location being close to most major attractions and to public transportation.
I am happy that our staff could make you feel welcome and well looked after throughout your stay.

I sincerely apologize if there was two warm in the room, I have informed our maintenance colleagues to avoid this happen in the future.
All internet codes should be valid upto 3 devices, I wish we have known about it earlier that you need more, we would have provided you with extra codes with no additional charge.

Should your travels bring you back to Prague, we would be more than happy to welcome you back again in our hotel!
In the name of the entire Boscolo Prague team I am wishing you a Happy New Year!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend were in Boscolo, located in history room and we enjoyed our staying. The spa was amazing, opened breakfast bufet too.
Thank U for all Boscolo stuff team, they were very helpful and nice to us, specialy Yasser.
Looking forward to back to Prague.

Room Tip: You can try to be in history part
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!

I am glad you have enjoyed your Christmas holidays in Boscolo Prague with your partner and that we could all make you feel well looked after throughout your stay.
I am happy you have tried our wonderful spa as well as our breakfast buffet!

It was our pleasure to have you here and along with Yasser we are looking forward to welcome you back should you return to Prague!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed two nights (Christmas Eve and Day) at the Boscolo Prague Marriott and enjoyed this beautiful hotel. My room was located on the second floor in the older section. The view from the room wasn't spectacular, but its grand ceiling made up for that. Check in was fast and Yasser was very helpful. I traveled alone and inquired about a location for Christmas Eve dinner. Lucky me, the hotel had a special Christmas Eve buffet dinner planned which he recommended. Most shops and restaurants in the area were closed due to the holiday, so a few hours later I was seated with a friendly bunch of other hotel guest. Three hours quickly went by. Though I was traveling solo, the special Christmas Eve dinner added to my stay. I thought it was great that the hotel's general manager was present and visited each table.

Location is in walking distance to many of the attractions (Republic Square, Old Town, Charles Bridge, Jewish Quarters). My walk also included to and from Prague Castle. The main train station is literally situated less than 5 minutes from the hotel. The tram stop is a minute walk away. Adequate breakfast selection serenaded with beautiful harp music. I'll be back when I return to Prague.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I am happy that we could make your stay special, especially at Christmas time.
I am glad you have enjoyed our Christmas dinner along with the company of other guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Boscolo Prague any time your travels bring you back to Prague.

With special greetings from Yasser we are wishing you a Wonderful New Year!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Boscolo! The service was impeccable and the hotel was beautiful. We stayed in the "new section" of the hotel and our room was typically European small, but still very nice and well appointed. The room was very warm, but we opened our window and solved the problem. The linens were of top quality and the room was perfectly clean.

The hotel is about a five minute walk to Old Town Square which is actually a positive. The hotel is quiet at night and the walk back was a peaceful way to end our night. The breakfast was perfect - tons of choices, including eggs and omelets. Every single person we met was helpful and kind. On a few occasions, we needed transportation somewhere and the hotel quickly made arrangements to take care of us. The concierge desk was also very helpful.

My only "complaint" is that there should be free wifi throughout the hotel. We did not choose to pay the up charge because we were rarely in our room, but would have appreciated being able to access wifi late at night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor!

I was happy to read how much you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that all of our services were to your satisfaction.

Thank you very much for the comments, I have informed the management about your request for free wifi in the rooms. Should you have needed it, there is free wifi network available in the entire bar, restaurant and lobby area.

In the name of the entire Boscolo Prague team I am wishing you a Happy New Year and looking forward to welcome you back should you return to Prague one day!

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Boscolo Hotel chain is always my first choice in hotels when I Travel. I have visited the hotels in Nice and Budapest several times and the wonderful Prague location for the first time!

I had high expectations and was not let down. The grand nature and high quality of the hotel shines strong and is overshadowed only by the outsanding level of service the entire staff offers you from the moment you approach the steps to the hotel and all through your stay until your bags are loaded in the cab and your off to the airport!

The concierge has helped us discover great places and venues in the city that truly made the trip.

The cigar lounge is an excellent bonus for any aficionado or a person who likes to enjoy a cigar in a soothing and calm environment with great drinks on offering from the main bar.

I recommend that you use the Boscolo car service when you wish to go somewhere, it is an excellent service at a relatively low fixed cost. Beats having to risk getting taxi drivers who like to run an unnecessary large bill on the meter.

The breakfast is great, offering an omelette station with a cook that prepares your breakfast eggs just the way you like them. Only downside is that the orange juice is not freshly squeezed.

In summary this is a truly excellent hotel at a great value! I give it 5 out 5 stars and recommend it strongly!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lexvero
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words, it was our pleasure to have you here in Boscolo Prague!
I am glad you have chosen us after having stayed in other great Boscolo properties and that all of our colleagues could make you feel welcome and well looked after throughout your entire stay!

We strive to be known for excellent costumer service and I was happy to hear that your stay in all accounts was to your satisfaction!

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Prague.