“Fantastic 5* hotel”

Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection
Ranked #63 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 8 January 2014

From when we arrived until we left the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The beds were comfy, the rooms spacious, the breakfasts were delicious with plenty choice, omelettes made to order in front of you!
The hotel looked 5* from when we arrived, from the doorman, the live music from the harp or piano, the surroundings.
The pool must be tried, with a sauna & steam room (robes & slippers supplied in your room)
The hotel is ideally situated for the tourist sights, everywhere is within walkable distance, but there is a tram stop across the road if walking is not for you.
We will definately be returning here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor!

We constantly strive to provide all our guests with the best costumer service and I was delighted to read that our efforts have made you feel welcome and well looked after and that our hotel was to your satisfaction on all accounts.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
In the name of the entire Boscolo Prague team I am wishing you and your beloved ones a Happy New Year!

Guest Relation Executive

Write a ReviewReviews (2,807)

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at the Boscola for 4 nights in November. What can I say, I could not fault this hotel at all. From checking in to checking out the hotel staff could not have been more helpfull. Our hotel room was fantastic, very large and of a high standard. The swimming pool was great and a welcome after a day sightseeing. The breakfast were good with a large selection from cerials to hot food.
The position of this hotel is great with just a short walk to the Old Town Square. If I was to visit Prague I certainly stay at this hotel agian and would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor community.

It was a pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and that we could make you feel welcome and well looked after.

I am happy you have taken the opportunity to try our beautiful spa as well as giving a good start to the day with starting with our breakfast buffet!

We would be more than happy to welcome you back again should your travels bring you back to Prague.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at the Boscol;o Prague following a cruise/ The cruise line selelcted the hotel and I paid additional for two extra nights.
Upon arrival we were told our room was not ready and we would need to check back in 3 hours and we were told we could purchase lunch in their dining room which we did. Service was poor, food was even worse (under-cooked hamburger, cold potatoes, salad witgh greens that had not been washed (sand still on lettuce), hot tea never refilled and a waitress that was difficult to find. When we requested the the burger be cooked more she mumbled something and took away our plates. 25 minutes later I had to get up from the table to find our waitress (never did find her) and finally asked another waitress to get our meal. Nothing had been done. I asked to see the manager to no avail and got up and refused to pay for the untouched meal. No one seemed to care.
When we went to finally check in to our room we were assigned a 4th floor room. We were paying $400/night and expected a great room but instead found a room with no windows, a skylight and filthy carpeting. I called and then went to the desk and asked to have the room changed and once again was told that was not possible. I asked to see the manager and spoke to Petra who was rude and simply waived me off and said there was nothing wrong with the room and that is all she could offer us.

Room Tip: Want a good room? There are better, less expensive hotels in the area. Boscolo is supposed to be a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
I would like to sincerely thank you for the honest comments, we do appreciate it and take it very seriously.
I have shared your feedback with the Management and it will help us improve our services.
Should your travels bring you back to Prague you can contact me directly via guestrelation.manager@prague.boscolo.com and I will personally make sure that your stay would be flawless.

Wishing you safe travels!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Loved the hotel- luxury, great value for the money....However!! We booked the hotel for two nights. The first night we arrived, we were told there wasn't a room for us. They did, however, book us at a nearby hotel, shuttled us there, and gave us a free meal at their restaurant the following day. They did try to take care of the issue, but after travelling all day, we were exhausted and just wanted to take a shower. It was disappointing.

When we did get into our room, they upgraded us to a junior suite which was very nice!! The hotel is gorgeous and the service is excellent.... (Again, barring the mishap that first night).

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor!
Thank you also for the nice comments about our hotel, I was delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our services and appreciated our effort to make up for the inconveniences on the first night.
In the name of the entire Boscolo Prague team I would like to sincerely apologize again for having to move you for one night to an other hotel but I do hope that you have enjoyed your time in both places and felt well looked after throughout your entire stay.

I honestly hope this will not break your trust in Boscolo Prague and you would choose our hotel again for your lodging needs should your travels bring you back to Prague.

In the name of the Boscolo Prague team I am wishing you and your beloved ones a Happy New Year and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I had chose to stay here for three nights in Prague preferring the Boscolo to the traditional Marriott property as this hotel is in an old converted bank and I was looking for something with a bit of character. Upon arrival it looks impressive from the outside though there are only stairs with no luggage ramp ( annoying but not a deal breaker) to get to what is undiniably a beautiful lobby.

I am a platinum Marriott member and was given a deluxe room. this "deluxe" title is a joke. you could barely wheel in your suitcase it is so narrow and you basically fall right onto the bed. there was zero room to walk around and the room was super hot and without a proper working air vent. on the first night kids ran up and down the hall screaming for hours. I had to call the front desk but no one ever answered. ( good luck getting the room service extension to pick up as well!). finally security came up but could " not find" the rowdy kids.

Maybe that is a one off but what was CONSTANT was the banging and slamming of doors, the ability to hear your neighbor and every conversation in the hallway, every time someone closed a closet door...the noise was unbearable. To end our trip though the "do not destrub" sign was on the door, the cleaning woman walked in on me in the shower..AWESOME.

I travel 50% of the year so I was so hoping to love this hotel however this place was just awful and one I would avoid at all costs. That said they do have a nice breakfast buffet open each day until 11am, are in a great location across the street from the bus station and close to all attractions. Sadly that isn't enough to make staying here worth it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

All guests are important to us and we try to do our best to satisfy all needs.

We highly value our Marriott Members and we always try to upgrade our Platinum Members if the occupancy allows it. Unfortunately during your stay we had full occupancy, therefore we could not upgrade you to a higher cathegory room than what you have reserved.

I honestly regret that we did not fulfill your expectations for the rooms. Since we are located in a historical building there are several things we are not allowed to change, like the mentioned entrance or the size of certain rooms. They might differ from each other depending on their cathegory and location.
I was happy to read though that you liked our Lobby, which we are truly proud of.
I only wish we knew earlier about the inconveniences you experienced, not only after you left the property, we would definitely have tried to find a solution to satisfy your needs.

I have double checked with my colleagues what happened the first night and by the time the colleague got to the corridor the mentioned children were not there anymore.
I sincerely apologize for the noise and if you had to wait longer than necessary to reach the colleagues, but the telephone lines were extremely busy that evening, that is why we could not answer immediately.

I have also checked with the Housekeeping Management as well as with the Security what happened on day of your departure, and it was clearly visible on the security camera that noone physically entered your room, the colleague for security reasons and by good will only closed your entrance door which was left open. Noone from our colleagues would enter any room with a Do not disturb sign on the door.

I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with our breakfast as well as with the location of the hotel, being close to most major attractions.

Wishing you safe travels in 2014!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed three nights over the Christmas 2013 holiday. The hotel is very beautiful. The location is very convenient ... a short 10 minute walk to the main town square and also very close to a tram stop. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. The breakfast has a very nice selection. The room was very comfortable but it was extremely warm even when the heat was turned off so open windows made it a bit noisy. The WiFi is very expensive and after paying a rather large amount, we discovered only two devices can be connected.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relations Manager at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!

I am glad you liked our hotel and its location being close to most major attractions and to public transportation.
I am happy that our staff could make you feel welcome and well looked after throughout your stay.

I sincerely apologize if there was two warm in the room, I have informed our maintenance colleagues to avoid this happen in the future.
All internet codes should be valid upto 3 devices, I wish we have known about it earlier that you need more, we would have provided you with extra codes with no additional charge.

Should your travels bring you back to Prague, we would be more than happy to welcome you back again in our hotel!
In the name of the entire Boscolo Prague team I am wishing you a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend were in Boscolo, located in history room and we enjoyed our staying. The spa was amazing, opened breakfast bufet too.
Thank U for all Boscolo stuff team, they were very helpful and nice to us, specialy Yasser.
Looking forward to back to Prague.

Room Tip: You can try to be in history part

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!

I am glad you have enjoyed your Christmas holidays in Boscolo Prague with your partner and that we could all make you feel well looked after throughout your stay.
I am happy you have tried our wonderful spa as well as our breakfast buffet!

It was our pleasure to have you here and along with Yasser we are looking forward to welcome you back should you return to Prague!