“The most beuatiful hotel in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Questenberk

Questenberk
Ranked #12 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Omsk, Omsk, Russia
“The most beuatiful hotel in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

If you go to Prague, you should stay at this hotel. Here is a very nice staff, pleasant service. View of Prague, which opens to the terrace, awesome! This is all done for people. Very convenient location, here you can easily get to and from here you can walk to almost all famous sights of Prague. Breakfast is extremely tasty :)) On our next trip we will stay at a hotel Questenberk.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
brooklyn, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel based on the excellent reviews and location outside of Old Town. We arrived at the hotel a little before noon and were given a welcome drink and introduction to the hotel out on the terrace. We were also given a "tour" of the hotel while waiting for our room to be ready. We were pleased that our room was ready early, as we needed to freshen up before heading out for the afternoon.

We stayed in a deluxe room, which was nice, but not quite what we expected. The layout was a bit odd, the decor was different from what was shown on the website, and our view was less than spectacular. However, the room was comfortable and sufficient for out stay. Breakfast was good - there were always many options, the coffee was good, and the service was friendly. All hotel staff was very helpful with booking tours, explaining how to get around with the tram, and phoning restaurants for reservations.

The only other issue I had with the hotel is the location. It was nice to be outside of the Old Town, but you are quite far away and at the top of a VERY steep hill. My husband and I like to walk and the hotel was a bit of a trek from the Old Town sights. We found it slightly inconvenient to go into Old Town during the day, go back to the hotel before dinner, and then travel back into Old Town. On most days, we would walking down the hill and then take the tram back up to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank relliebelle
Robert S, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Dear relliebelle,

first of all let me thank you for being our guests at the Questenberk hotel Prague. We very much appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I regret that the location of our hotel did not suit your needs. This 17th century palace is located on the top of Petrin hill in the Petrin park, just few steps from Prague Castle. It served as a formal private palace to Sir Caspar Von Questenberg who was a German priest, Abbot of Strahov Premonstratensian Monastery. Our hotel is a part of this great monastery, which is still a living place of meditation, learning and tranquility. Today around 70 monks live a quiet life here. As we are located in "Golden Prague" area, it is very close to Prague Castle, Loreta, Golden Lane, etc. The easiest way to Old Town Square is to take a tram 22 and it takes only few minutes to get there. However, I would not recommend to walk back to the hotel as it is on the top of steep hill.

We have only 27 rooms in the hotel and each room has a different layout. Therefore we call all guests after they check-in to make sure they are satisfied with their room or to show them another rooms.

Once again relliebelle, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague and hope to have the chance to welcome you back at the Questenberk hotel.

with kind regards,

Robert Safarik
Hotel Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

What a great find in Prague! This hotel is located in the castle area with amazing views of the old town. It was fun to discover all of the different ways to get to old town from this area and all have beautiful views! It's quiet at night and the room is clean and comfortable. The breakfast room has an old world feel and the views are incredible. The service is professional and friendly and I found the coffee to be the best I had our entire trip! My husband enjoyed to hot offerings for breakfast and I enjoyed the homemade yogurts and pastries.
Best of all at Hotel Questenberk is the staff. They were so friendly and helpful giving advice on where to go for pubs and sightseeing as well as where our next destination in Europe should be!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague and if I ever make it back to the city I will definitely make this neighborhood and hotel my home base!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jodi A
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,181 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Although we were not staying at the Hotel Questenberk we stopped by for afternoon refreshments on the outside terrace. Very friendly staff, prompt service and a wonderful view of the city. The price of the drinks was a bit high but worth the premium for the location.

Overall super !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank fatbear2000
Robert S, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear fatbear2000,

I would like to thank you on behalf of our team for your nice words. We appreciate very much you found some of your valuable time to write us a comment. I am glad you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the incredible view. I trust you had a great time while traveling and we all hope you will stay with us at the Questenberk hotel when you return back to Prague.

All the best.

Robert S.
Hotel Manager
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel whilst in Prague during August 2013. I arrived late on my first evening and the hotel had organised a driver pick up which was cheaper than a taxi. Jiri welcomed me to the hotel and was probably the friendliest and most helpful person I have ever come across in my travels.

He was so warm and proud of the hotel he gave a tour upon arrival after offering me a welcome drink. Any request was greeted with a huge smile and very helpful information. All the staff were courteous and spoke english very well, including excusing themselves before conversing in Czech. I am singling Jiri out because he was an absolute stand out yet all the staff were wonderful.

The hotel itself is beautiful, looks like an old castle on the inside which was completely up my alley and varyingly different from anywhere else I stayed.

Whilst the positives of the place are fantastic there are a few points to consider which weren't great. I booked a double room for single use and had 2 single beds pushed together, no issue if the sheet is covering both beds but this was not the case even after I asked for it to be changed. Sleeping inbetween 2 single beds generally ends with you slipping down the gap. Secondly there is a church with bells that ring every 15 minutes and multiple on the hour so that can disturb sleep. Thirdly there is no air conditioning so in the middle of summer it was quite hot in the room, did prop the window open which was nice but then the noise ruined it. Pick a cooler month and you're laughing. Finally the shower head had good pressure but was a bit small so took a bit of effort to wash.

All minor points aside, the view from the terrace and the breakfast room is by far the best in Prague. Unbeatable. Definitely allocate the money to stay in this place as it is worth remembering Prague for what a beautiful city it is and having excellent accomodation helps. Not to mention the bed, pillow and sheets were the softest I experienced which truly made up for sleeping in a single bed.

Last little bonus is the 'hop on hop off' tours you get in most european cities, the one in prague has a stop right out the front of the hotel so you can't get lost!

Cannot recommend this place enough but do consider the above mentioned slights.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JoshuaJerichoF
Robert S, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear JoshuaJerichoF,

thank you very much for your valuable and marvelous feedback. It is heartwarming to read that a guest has been content with just the things that we are working on extremely hard. I am glad that Jiri was able to contribute to our whole team´s effort to make the stay of every single guest as comfortable as possible.

Our hotel´s location enables it to provide one of the best views of the Czech capital. It stands on top of the hill in the castle area, which is extremely charming and full of history. You can admire the architecture and the layout of the streets while walking down towards the Charles bridge and if you do not prefer walking uphill, it is an 8 minute drive by a tram back up. Since the hotel is a part of the Strahov monastery, next to Saint Vitus Cathedral and Loreta, yes, you do hear bells.

We are trying to equip every room with better facilities, including the air-conditioning system. We started with the top 2 because as the building is old, the bottom 2 floors tend to keep fairy cool by themselves, but we will definitely continue improving to make our guests feel more cosy and comfortable during their stay with us.

Finally, I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with the king size bed, but if we are ever lucky enough to welcome you again, I will personally make sure you will get one.

Once again thank your for all of your compliments and for choosing Questenberk as your place to stay on your visit to the tremendous city of Prague.

with kind regards,

Robert Safarik
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

It was everything just perfect, every employee did the best for the guests, the breakfast was really good, too.
To the check- inn, you get a bootle of wine and fresh fruits.
Also you can use a computer with an internet access, and you get wlan for your mobile phone, without paying seperately for it.
I asked on which date Sparta Praha is playing- and I not only get this information- they bought the tickets for me- the service is completely perfect.
It was a great stay in Prague, and the Questenberk Hotel could contribute a big part of it

• Stayed August 2013
Ticino, Svizzera
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked at Hotel Questenberk after reading different reviews and exactly got what we were expecting... The welcoming was one of the warmest we ever got, they made us feel the most important people in the world. We booked a deluxe room hoping to get city view; we did not have it, but made no complain because the service was so excellent, and the room was a spacious one. We just came back to the hotel late in the night, so city view was not important at all. All the people at the hotel were really nice and were ready anytime for information about city&transportation. Of course we enjoyed staying there and we surely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple