“Great Views from my room”
Review of Questenberk

Questenberk
Ranked #12 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Australia
“Great Views from my room”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Outside the hotel just at the entrance is a large wooden cross. Reception staff and infact all staff very helpful. You can feel the pride they feel for the place. On arrival we were offered refreshments and given a tour of the place. The room was beautiful with exposed beams and the view was excellent.
During the night we had a bedlight and the television lost power. In athe morning on our way to breakfast we informed reception and were we impressed. When we got back from breakfast it was all fixed. I would call that good service. Breakfast has an excellent choice.
Everything is clean and lots of space to move around in the room. Great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KalahariAustralia
Robert S, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Kalahari,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore thrilled that we have met your expectations, and made your stay at the Questenberk hotel Prague most enjoyable.

We like to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. I am pleased that the staff were helpful and that you liked the warm greetings upon your arrival including the welcome drink and a tour of our property. I will pass this information on to our team members but especially to engineering who will be most appreciative.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed for three nights at Hotel Questenberk and have nothing but praise. The hotel has a fantastic location near the Strahov Monastery, and probably one of the best views from Prague on the Terrasse bar. The room was extremely pleasant. The high arched ceilings were a real treat. The staff were consistently professional and attentive. I am looking for excuses to visit Prague again so I can stay at Hotel Questenberk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Uppsala2012
Robert S, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Uppsala2012,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Questenberk Hotel Prague.

It gives me great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay here. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel’s location by the Strahov Monastery which we are part of to be so convenient for you and that you appreciated how Petrin Park (the biggest park in Prague) is just step from the hotel offering one of the nicest city views.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding the professional and attentive service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Questenberk Hotel Prague in the future.

Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at Questenberk Hotel for our last night in Prague. This property is an old monastery located in the Castle Area of Prague. The hotel is located in a very quiet location (near the Strahov Monastery with shopping and restaurants located around the hotel). There was no noise during the night or from other rooms. The staff is very professional, provides a tour of the premises (lounge, breakfast room). A complementary drink is provided on the terrace (overlooking Prague) upon check-in. The room is very clean and well appointed (includes complementary fruit and bottled water -- a very nice touch). Coffee/tea are available in the lounge in the afternoon. The included breakfast is great - lots of variety to choose from and great quality. Interesting is the hotel keys are so large/heavy, you leave them with reception on your leaving the hotel and get them back upon your return. The staff will arrange for tickets for performances, provide directions and call for taxis as requested. My only negative comments are needing to pull suitcases up a steep set of stairs (no ramp) as well as being asked if we wanted to upgrade to a more expensive room which I felt was not appropriate unless the upgrade was at no charge. I'm not used to this practice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Robert_Safarik, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Susan C,

Let me thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience from your stay at the Questenberk hotel in Prague.

I was very happy to hear you did enjoy the complimentary welcome drink as well as our club lounge with all day free tea and coffee and afternoon refreshment. But I was most delighted to learn that our team members made your stay comfortable and provided great service.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with your luggage due to the main entrance staircase in front of the hotel. Questenberk palace was completed in 16 century and it is protected by UNESCO World Heritage and I agree it is not so easy to pull up heavy luggage. We recommend to all of our guests to use our hotel car as our driver is happy to help them. However, I hope this did not cause too much troubles and you had a great time in Prague.

We all hope to welcome you back here at the Questenberk hotel in Prague. Please let me know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Great hotel in good location near Strahov Monastery. Outstanding service, with a welcome drink on the terrace and an introduction to the sites of Prague, with great tips on where to eat and drink. The terrace offers great views over the city and we enjoyed a drink here during the evening, food is also served. Breakfast is also very good and we were even offered a complimentary glass of bubbly at the weekend, a great start to the day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert_Safarik, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Rick-Shona,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Questenberk hotel for your recent stay in Prague and for your great words posted here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear you liked the Prague Castle location by the Strahov Monastery which we are part of. It is interesting there are around 70 monks living their quiet life in there. The Monastery and its surrounding area, has a serene, meditative quality.

I am happy you enjoyed the welcome drink as well as the complimentary sparkling wine that is served for breakfast on weekends.

We all hope to welcome you or your family back here in the future.

with kind regards,

Москва, Россия
Reviewed 13 September 2013

That's a fantastic hotel. Staff is perfect, very kind and attentive! Check in - like in fairy tale, administrator showed us all the hotel and also offered champagne. Room's smart and clean, has absolutely great views of the Monastery.
Beautiful restaurant, breakfasts are delicious, heedful waiters.
Thanks to all hotel staff for a wonderful holidays.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Robert S, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Elena A,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your kind words about your stay with us at the Questenberk hotel Prague.

I was very glad to hear you were happy with our facilities and services, especially the check-in procedure - that kind of feedback can go a long way. I will pass your comment to all team members.

We all hope to welcome you back in the future once you return back to visit Prague.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We came here in August of 2013. The hotel is near the park, on top of the old city. The center for about 15 minutes on foot. The 16th century building with an interesting interior and wonderful frontage! The rooms are clean and the service is professional. This hotel gave us a very positive experience! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Robert S, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Andrey G,

Thank you for choosing the Questenberk hotel for your stay in Prague.

I was delighted to read your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we gave you positive travel experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

india
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This hotel is situated on the hills which gives wonderful view of the mystic city -- Prague. The location of the hotel is excellent. The city centre of Prague is very crowded and unrefined therefore this hotel provides the respite from the crowd and at the same time gives a wonderful view of this beautiful city. The rooms and bathrooms are big and comfortable. The best part of this hotel is its people. It has wonderful staff-- very efficient and helpful. All guys at the reception -- Lucas, Jiri^, Juroslav were too good. It is because of them that our stay was very comfortable. There is one garden restaurant which serves good food. The restaurant staff was also good. Our overall experience exceeded our expectations. I would recommend this property to all travellers to Prague who are looking for comfortable stay with excellent service and good view. The cleanliness of this hotel was also very good. In short we had no complaints whatsoever.

Room Tip: Choose a room with garden view or city view.