“Best customer service ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Questenberk

Questenberk
Ranked #12 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Best customer service ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel is ideally located next to major attractions, great restaurants, and maybe has the best view in the city! The rooms are clean and comfortable, the food is fantastic, but this is all secondary to the wonderful staff. The staff made the difference here, they are exceptional in every way and need to be properly recognized, I have never encountered service like this in any hotel anywhere. They go beyond the call of duty to make your stay as pleasurable as possible.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Questenberk for 5 nights in July of 2014. Our stay there, and our dealings with the staff, were a pleasure from start to finish.

I had several communications via email with Jacob and other staff members to clarify our booking and to make a change to it. Each time, the communications were courteous and helpful and made us feel like valued guests.

We booked a car through the hotel to pick us up from the train station. That made our arrival easy and enjoyable.

When we arrived, and throughout our stay, we felt like celebrities. We were greeted by name, given a tour of the hotel, and then escorted to the deck for a welcome drink and a taste of that day's soup while Jacob discussed the sights, transportation, hotel services, etc. that were available to us.

When we saw our room, we were so pleased. It was very charming and exceeded our expectations. There was wine and fruit waiting for us (a bonus for booking directly with the hotel, I understand), and our room was replenished with a fresh water bottle for each of us daily, and delicious chocolates on our pillows each evening.

Our first evening, we ate at the hotels restaurant and the food was excellent. We loved the views of Petrin Park and the caste. The views are so lovely, in fact, that there was a bridal couple on the path right below us having their photos taken.

In the mornings, when we went for breakfast, we were greeted by name and treated to a wonderful breakfast buffet with juice and cappuccino or coffee. My husband could not believe the extent and variety of the buffet and asked to confirm that it really was all included. Each morning, we had eggs, bacon or sausages, vegetables, cheeses, pastries, Nutella, and fruits. There were other options, also, such as cold cereals and cold cuts. The view was lovely, particularly from our favourite table on the upper level, by the window, but no matter where we sat, we enjoyed the ambience and character of the room and the artwork in there.

We spent our first two days touring the castle, the monastery, and Petrin Park. The hotel was very convenient to these, and it was lovely to be able to go and walk around the castle in the evening, when it was nearly deserted.

The next few days, we went to Mala Strana, Kampa Island, and Old Town, sometimes walking and sometimes taking the tram down, and then taking the tram back up. We purchased a 3-day pass, and the tram ran frequently, with the stop only half a block from the hotel, so it was very convenient.

On our last day, after seeing the Dancing House and the Jewish district in the morning, we saw more of Petrin Park and walked the castle moat in the afternoon and evening.

It was quite warm most of our time in Prague, but being on the hill next to the park, it always cooled down nicely in the evenings. We loved that it was quiet in the evenings, too. For those who want to party and stumble home, this might not be the right location. For us, it was perfect.

For our last couple of days, we were moved to a different room because of a problem with the air conditioning in our room. I didn't like the room as much, but that was only in comparison to our first room. Had I never seen that, I would have been thrilled with our second room, too. (Both rooms were on the top floor.) I was certainly pleased with the way the staff dealt with the problem quickly and efficiently, anyhow.

Each afternoon, the hotel offers refreshments in the guest lounge: coffee, tea, cakes, lemon water, ice water, and fruit. This was perfect. After touring around in the morning, we were more than ready for a nice break in the afternoon, and we always managed to make it back to the hotel for this. Then we'd go out again later on. I'm not a big fan of cakes as a rule, but the cakes offered for afternoon refreshments were delicious.

One thing we missed when we moved to the new room was the sound of the bells. In a short time, we had become accustomed to telling time by them, and with our new room being on the other side of the hotel, we just didn't hear them. I noticed at least one reviewer complained about the bells, but I loved them, even though I'm usually a light sleeper and bothered by noise. I wrote in one of my Facebook status updates that I was "surrounded by bells and birdsong." It was wonderful.

We found the beds comfortable, the bathrooms always spotlessly clean, with plenty of hot water, and the service unparalleled at the Questenberk. We enjoyed all our accommodations on our trip, which included Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Salzburg, and Munich, but the Questenberk stood out above them all and will hold a very special place in our memories. Should we ever return to Prague, we would not consider staying anywhere else.

4 Thank QveenB
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Wonderful hotel...all amenities good but what made our stay so perfect was the caring staff...never been treated better....they should all pride themselves in their excellent care to make guests feel so special....
Anne from Canada

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anneonthelake
Prenton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I very rarely write reviews on trip advisor, but I felt compelled to after staying at Questenberk Hotel. The hotel itself is situated in fairly quiet but extremely nice part of the city close to Prague Castle and has fantastic views of the city which are second to none. There are several nice restaurants within a 2/3 minute walk of the hotel and it is only around a 10/15 minute walk to Charles Bridge and about 20/25 minutes to the centre. All of the staff in the hotel are extremely friendly and accommodating, upon arrival we received complementary drinks on the terrace overlooking the city. The room we stayed in was spacious and nicely furnished, we had breakfast included within the rate which was also very good. Overall an excellent hotel, when I do return to Prague I will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Kevin G
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Armed with our Bradshaw's my travelling companion and myself decided to complete our European railway adventure in Prague. I first visited Prague 10 years ago at Easter. Because it escaped the ravages of the second world war it is one of the most complete Baroque cities in Europe. It could be beautiful but it's fame has exceeded it's ability to absorb the millions of visitors that descend upon at the height of the tourist season. Thank goodness for the Hotel Questenberk. My travelling companion, Mrs.Lane was impressed by the many little touches, the welcome drink, the personal introductory talk, the free coffee, tea and cakes in the afternoon, the organic soaps and shampoos. Too numerous to mention. I was simply impressed by the location. Easily accessible by the 22 tram it is set high above the madness of the Old Town, with glorious views and monastic calm. The rooms are superb, the breakfast magnificent, and the service unobtrusive but outstanding. One of the great European travel bargains. Please stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room. It was excellent and even had aircon, useful in the middle of July. Wo...
2 Thank David B
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have stayed there in June 2014. Hotel staff from the moment of our arrival has been most wonderful and helpful. Room was nice and clean. Hotel is also very close to major attractions, walking distance to the castle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marek L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have just left this lovely hotel after a wonderful 3 night stay. My parents in one room and me in another. I seriously can't fault this hotel. Customer service was excellent, even the staff who were in training. They can organise anything you want them to.
They arranged for someone to pick us up from the airport and to drop us off (cheaper than a cab) and really more comfortable. With lovely views over the city, comfortable rooms well actually more than comfortable. Large beds, lots of storage and AC units. Not all rooms have this as you can understand giving the age of the hotel. However they can usually sort one out for you if you request it.
The terrace is nice for food and drinks after a long day in the city. It's right at the top of the hill and it's number 11 on the hop on hop off bus tour. We walked down the hill on Saturday morning and seen lots of lovely things, then later that day got back on the tour bus. It literally drops you outside the door.

I highly recommend this hotel. Not in the hustle and bustle of the city centre but if you don't mind walking then it's a fab hotel. I will say this. My mum had a knee replacement last year and I'm not at the healthiest I have ever been and we managed even with the heat. Can't wait to come back with my husband and the children.

Thanks for making our stay so lovely. Leanne Daniell