Questenberk
Agoda.com
US$151
US$138
1,109 results
All reviewsstrahov monasteryguest loungeprague castlewelcome drinkold towncharles bridgebreakfast roomoverlooking pragueyogurtpetrin towersmall windowtram servicetram stopsparkling winebeautiful hoteldeluxe roomnumber tram
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

What a lovely hotel this is. Very clean and tidy with such friendly staff all who are young and a credit to the management. Little touches like wine and cheese in the room upon arrival plus drinks on the terrace with a short guided intro to the the city was lovely. Was given sparkling wine on my birthday which was lovely. After 4pm complimentary coffee and cake is provided in the lounge area for guests....another great touch. Breakfast was reasonable and if you wanted a special dish this was for an added cost, personally we didn't feel this was necessary. The terrace outside provides stunning views of the city and it was nice to sit and enjoy a glass of wine to soak up the view. Blankets and patio heaters are available for when it gets a tad chilly. Perhaps in the colder months it would be good to have the facility of an inside bar. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank charliebond07
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Definitely a great place to stay during your Prague-visit. Far above the noise of the old city and the commercial souvenir shops you will find Questenberk; an oasis of calm, public transport (tram 22) within walking distance and a lovely terrace. The chef is of very large class and prepares the finest cuisine. The hotel has everything you, the pampered guest, would expect. Great beds, ample closet space and a good shower. I do not give 5 stars is because I missed a bath in the bathroom and the curtains were not light proof. The latter led to a shorter sleep than planned... In itself not so bad because we needed extra time to explore Prague and its surroundings (do not forget Kutná Hora, a short trip by train). Enjoy!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RobR-010
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel is ideally located next to major attractions, great restaurants, and maybe has the best view in the city! The rooms are clean and comfortable, the food is fantastic, but this is all secondary to the wonderful staff. The staff made the difference here, they are exceptional in every way and need to be properly recognized, I have never encountered service like this in any hotel anywhere. They go beyond the call of duty to make your stay as pleasurable as possible.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven B
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Questenberk for 5 nights in July of 2014. Our stay there, and our dealings with the staff, were a pleasure from start to finish.

I had several communications via email with Jacob and other staff members to clarify our booking and to make a change to it. Each time, the communications were courteous and helpful and made us feel like valued guests.

We booked a car through the hotel to pick us up from the train station. That made our arrival easy and enjoyable.

When we arrived, and throughout our stay, we felt like celebrities. We were greeted by name, given a tour of the hotel, and then escorted to the deck for a welcome drink and a taste of that day's soup while Jacob discussed the sights, transportation, hotel services, etc. that were available to us.

When we saw our room, we were so pleased. It was very charming and exceeded our expectations. There was wine and fruit waiting for us (a bonus for booking directly with the hotel, I understand), and our room was replenished with a fresh water bottle for each of us daily, and delicious chocolates on our pillows each evening.

Our first evening, we ate at the hotels restaurant and the food was excellent. We loved the views of Petrin Park and the caste. The views are so lovely, in fact, that there was a bridal couple on the path right below us having their photos taken.

In the mornings, when we went for breakfast, we were greeted by name and treated to a wonderful breakfast buffet with juice and cappuccino or coffee. My husband could not believe the extent and variety of the buffet and asked to confirm that it really was all included. Each morning, we had eggs, bacon or sausages, vegetables, cheeses, pastries, Nutella, and fruits. There were other options, also, such as cold cereals and cold cuts. The view was lovely, particularly from our favourite table on the upper level, by the window, but no matter where we sat, we enjoyed the ambience and character of the room and the artwork in there.

We spent our first two days touring the castle, the monastery, and Petrin Park. The hotel was very convenient to these, and it was lovely to be able to go and walk around the castle in the evening, when it was nearly deserted.

The next few days, we went to Mala Strana, Kampa Island, and Old Town, sometimes walking and sometimes taking the tram down, and then taking the tram back up. We purchased a 3-day pass, and the tram ran frequently, with the stop only half a block from the hotel, so it was very convenient.

On our last day, after seeing the Dancing House and the Jewish district in the morning, we saw more of Petrin Park and walked the castle moat in the afternoon and evening.

It was quite warm most of our time in Prague, but being on the hill next to the park, it always cooled down nicely in the evenings. We loved that it was quiet in the evenings, too. For those who want to party and stumble home, this might not be the right location. For us, it was perfect.

For our last couple of days, we were moved to a different room because of a problem with the air conditioning in our room. I didn't like the room as much, but that was only in comparison to our first room. Had I never seen that, I would have been thrilled with our second room, too. (Both rooms were on the top floor.) I was certainly pleased with the way the staff dealt with the problem quickly and efficiently, anyhow.

Each afternoon, the hotel offers refreshments in the guest lounge: coffee, tea, cakes, lemon water, ice water, and fruit. This was perfect. After touring around in the morning, we were more than ready for a nice break in the afternoon, and we always managed to make it back to the hotel for this. Then we'd go out again later on. I'm not a big fan of cakes as a rule, but the cakes offered for afternoon refreshments were delicious.

One thing we missed when we moved to the new room was the sound of the bells. In a short time, we had become accustomed to telling time by them, and with our new room being on the other side of the hotel, we just didn't hear them. I noticed at least one reviewer complained about the bells, but I loved them, even though I'm usually a light sleeper and bothered by noise. I wrote in one of my Facebook status updates that I was "surrounded by bells and birdsong." It was wonderful.

We found the beds comfortable, the bathrooms always spotlessly clean, with plenty of hot water, and the service unparalleled at the Questenberk. We enjoyed all our accommodations on our trip, which included Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Salzburg, and Munich, but the Questenberk stood out above them all and will hold a very special place in our memories. Should we ever return to Prague, we would not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank QveenB
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Wonderful hotel...all amenities good but what made our stay so perfect was the caring staff...never been treated better....they should all pride themselves in their excellent care to make guests feel so special....
Anne from Canada