“Nothing special, a good place if just to sleep & take a shower”
Review of Henrietta Hotel

Henrietta Hotel
Ranked #511 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 2 October 2013

There is something strange that I noticed about Czech Republic: the 3* hotels do not have the standard I know from Poland... They are just nice hostels. The place was old, the room was small, the blankets were blocking the air movement (we were kind of sweating and getting allergy during the night). The toilet is also old. The cleaning stuff dont clean, dont change the towels nor the blankets. They only take the rubbish away. When I went downstairs at 23h to ask if I can use the PC for a while (wifi is very poor and I couldnt login to my bank from the mobile phone) I heard: Sorry, its from 7-22h... So I went back and locked my bank account on my mobile phone :/ When we were leaving the place and I was giving back the key, I said "We would like to check out" and I just heard "OK", nothing like "Thanks for staying at our place or anything at all". But well, there was nothing "really bad" about this place, just not the standard we expected... We also think the breakfast was reasonably good and the place is in a quite zone, next to the metro and tram station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank garghanta

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed for 3 nights to attend a sporting event.This is not a fancy hotel and the decor is dated and a little shabby. However, my room was clean and comfortable and the price including breakfast is good value. There is a tram stop at the top of the street and Kobilisy metro station is a short walk away. In 20 minutes the metro takes you into the heart of the city.My room was at the back of the hotel and I slept with the window open. There was some noise from the nearby tramlines but it was not excessive and did not disturb me. The princpal receptionist spoke excellent english and was very friendly and helpful. I did not use the free wi-fi so cannot comment on it. There are several good restaurants nearby: the sports bar above the metro station is particularly good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DavidL70
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel Henrietta for one night.

We paid a sensationally low fare for our three person bedroom, and that included breakfast.

Check-in and check-out were friendly, fast and uncomplicated. Special kudos to the lady who checked us in and presented us with the wi-fi password before I could even request it.

The bedroom was not amazing, but everything worked and the beds were okay. The bathroom was small but functional. It came with soap/shampoo/body wash (all in one), but without a hair dryer.

Parking is free on the road in front of the hotel, or you can use their garage for EUR 8/day which seems steep in relation to the rooms.

Wi-fi is available for free; unfortunately, the signal was very weak in our room and the connection kept dropping, despite several repeaters in the hotel.

The breakfast buffet was surprisingly divers, covering breads/spreads/cheeses/cold cuts as well as cereal, eggs, sausages, salad and pastries.

Sure, this place could use some fixing up, but for the price it is great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mkalfa
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel was the good value for money which we paid. We knew the advantages and disadvantages in advance, from others reviews.
Advantages were breakfast included in price, good public transport accessibility to the city centre (by metro line or trams) and pleasant personnel at reception.
Disadvantages were older equipment and furniture, not working TV remote controller and maybe not the best cleanliness.
We stayed for 3 nights and did not spend too much time in the hotel, most of the day we spent in the city.
I would stay there again when visiting Prague.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The pictures do not really match, the room was really loud at night and that was frustrating! But it had a great continental breakfast, which was wonderful. It wasn't the cleanest, but it was not a disaster either. But, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The hotel was very good for the money i paid,considering the weather was cold the hotel was very warm, the room was very clean and comfortable.The resturant for the breakfast was bright and cheerful and there was a very good selection of bread, rolls, cold cheese and various hams and other cold meats, boiled eggs and sausages.There was also a good selection of teas,and coffee,fruit juices etc.Overall excellent value for money,very near to the Metro line station Kobylisy, on Red Line C.so easy access into the centre of Prague 5 stops.
The only crititism would be that the hotel was down a side street but it wasnot easy to spot, could do with a new awning over the entrance with maybe some international flags so it would be easier to see from the main road.

Room Tip: All rooms do not have a problem with traffic noise as it is down a side road.Seen some other reports...