“Second time around - just as good!”
Review of Hostel Elf

and 1 more site!
Hostel Elf
Ranked #32 of 702 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I really like this place. I was here over a year ago for a few days while hostel-hopping and it's one of my favorite (and #1 most memorable) places to stay in Prague. It's relatively inexpensive and in a great location (Zizkov - outside of center and loads of cool "local type" places around.)

Staff is great, it has a kitchen (a must for me,) has a good social atmosphere (I've had some very interesting social experiences here!) and has a nice cozy hostel feel.

The only complaint is that wifi can suck sometimes (especially during morning and evening when everyone is there,) and some rowdy guests have been known to shout and yell and slam doors at 4-5 AM. Not the hostel's fault, of course.

Otherwise I highly recommend this place especially if you're a solo traveler. You'll have no issues meeting people!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights only but it was really cool! The people are very friendly, the hostel itself is in a very central location, a 5 min walk to the main square. I would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Geoff W
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I will always have good memories of the Elf hostel as I met my girlfriend there. She was sleeping in the bunk above me, and well... you get the picture. Putting that aside, the hostel is nice, basic and accommodating - with friendly service and a great atmosphere. We shall be going back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank blue_monkey_dip
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I really love hostel elf ;)

I were there several time because of czech yoyo national contest. The breakast are very cool the sercive also, the stuff is very kind and helpful ! I love that the have a kitchen and you can cool for yourself !!! Love the atmosphere it is soo peaceful and nice :)

Thanks Hostel elf I will go back if I willbe on prague ;)

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hostel is located around 20 minutes walk from the city centre, although there is a bus stop from near the hostel.

There are free computers to use and plenty of bathrooms. The wifi didn't always work in our room but that wasn't too big a problem. Our dorm room was large and spacious, and there were lockers too for added security.

The BBQ was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful with tour suggestions. Definitely worth staying here, great value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely place to stay. Met some cool people here and about fifteen minutes walk from old town square. Free breakfast in the morning. Free tea and coffee all the time. Only thing that was annoying was the wifi. Would constantly cut in and out. But apart from that great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed in Hostel Elf for 4 days and I really liked it. It was my first solo trip and I was amazed by how many people from all over the world were staying there. Even though I came there on my own I was not bored for a minute. I was staying in the cheapest dorm so the price was really low. Breakfast included consists of cheese, ham, some cucumber or peppers, peanut butter, jam and several types of toast bread. Tea and coffee is free all the time. The dorm is equipped with big lockers.

If you're not afraid of meeting new people, you should definitely stay at this hostel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo