Hotel Olympik Tristar
US$212
US$174
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$138
TripAdvisor
US$325
US$293
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with his "Old Boys" Rugby team from Ontario, Canada. Our room had two very small single beds, a tiny tv and no real "luxuries". What it did have though was an awesome view overlooking the city! We didn't spend alot of time in our room but the time we did spend there was very comfortable and the room was clean. We were there for a week and did not have any issues with cleanliness. Breakfast was included with our stay. We managed to eat marvelously each day. There was a convenience store nearby and the metro was the best way to get into town. It was very fast, convenient and inexpensive. Our group experienced no safety issues on the Metro. We did walk into town (and back) one day. It took about 30 minutes and was a good trip. Once in town, the beauty and history of Prague was overwhelming. This was a wonderful trip.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RoadTripen
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I know lots of people wrote reviews about schools making too much noise. I too thought that after having a group of 44 boys (aged 18+) running drunk up and down the hallway in the middle of the night and all hrs before. Their teachers did little to stop it so I found myself in the hall telling them off and sending them into bed. The WORST part was that I too am a teacher and was on a trip with 30 girls aged 15-17 and I would NEVER allow them to be out of rooms after 930pm and lights out for 1030! I was appalled at this behavior. The next morning two different rooms of girls told me that these other boys knocked on their doors in about 130/2am trying to get in. Luckly, one girl looked through the peephole and didnt open the door. The other girls did open it and he and his mates tried to push INTO their ROOM! all the girls pushed back and got the door shut without incident. Then I tell the hotel what had happend and that Id hope that this school wouldn't get their "good behavior" deposits back; the lady shruged her shoulders and said "so what?, What do you want me to do about it?"

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kkoscielniak
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The hotel is situated near the metro station Ivalidovna, yellow line. Easy to get to the centre of the city. Modern building. Good breakfast, helpful staff. The only problem - too many sudents in the hotel - so too much noise.
But you are coming tired and full ofimpressions - just for sleep. We slept well, but the noise may play on your nerves.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week. It's just average, with a poor staff in terms of communication in English. The TV is old and our room view was overlooking some of the greenery. Bed sheets were changed everyday. The bathroom was clean, but again very average. The safe box was very old and not even working. Bar refrigerator has a few drinks.

However, my hotel room card wasn't working for one day and it was very late at night, and one staff helped me and got me a new one.

The lobby has two great massage chairs you can use.

The hotel is for a quick travel, a cheap stay in Prague, conference, or business trip.

The weather in July is Prague is perfect. A few rain drops, but make sure you always have your umbrella with you!

Room Tip: Make sure to know the room's view when you book
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RainElfglow
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Rude, hostile, inhospitable, and general "I can't help you" attitudes--this is the service that awaits you at this cattle car hotel with threadbare carpets, tiny elevators, horrible food, and a terrible location. It was a running joke within our group how the employees said "No" immediately to every question and request. One woman asked if she could leave a book at the front desk, as we were heading out, and the man behind the desk started yelling at her in Czech, as if he was offended by the question. There is no notion of customer service, no smiles, no friendliness. Certainly no one went out of their way to help or make our stay enjoyable. Besides this general unpleasantness, this hotel is too far away from the center of Prague. Spend a few extra dollars to avoid having your trip ruined by surliness.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business