“Budget option”

Ranked #248 of 651 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Warsaw, Poland
“Budget option”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

It is my favourite budget accommodation in Prague, in my favourite and best district of Prague - Žižkov. Who did not visit Žižkov, he was not in Prague. There are dozens of pubs nearby where you can try all brands of famous Czech beers. Pension is located only 15 mins by foot from Main Railway Station and 40 mins by foot from Old Market Sqaure (for Hrad castle better take a tram). But be aware of very steep stairs (especially after >5 beers) and be aware of horrible behavior fellow tourist (especially young ones) who are screaming, singing and slamming doors and making your sleep impossible (as the previous contributors noticed).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

After two months travel in Europe, this is my first terrible review. Pension 15 is not a place to come if you want to sleep. The walls are so thin it sounds like people are in your room. The doors make loud slamming noises all night. My double room with two twins was so crammed that you can not walk between the beds. The beds are situated under a window with curtains that do not block out the bright street light. Seriously, it is like there is a light on all night in your room. The staff is overworked and cranky. Sure this place is pretty darn cheap but i've stayed in far better places than this for the same cost.

• Stayed July 2012

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Edinburgh
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was suprised that this pension is about 15 mins from the main train station and it isn't so expensive. I spent only one night there because I flew to Prague and then went to visit my friends and family.
The hotel was quiet easy to find, my room had a window over the road but that wasn't so noisy.
The receptionist was very friendly and helpful, she showed me my room and the room where I have to go if I would like have a breakfast.
The woman who served breakfast was very friendly and I talked with her about 10 mins.
Unfortunately she didn't understand to guests who spoke English. :-(
The shower room was one on the floor and it was only one for women and men.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ivetulka
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have spent four days here. Took two weeks to recover form bed bug bites. Also the receptionist guy was extremely rude and unhelpful to one of the guests in my presence... I never will come back here again.

Room Tip: The street rooms are noisy. Also the corridor is noisy because of the traffic...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank zicdave79
Zilina, Slovakia
Reviewed 8 September 2011

1. The hostel is on a slight hill, it means that the path from it to the Main railwaystation (Praha Hlavni nadrazi) takes 15 min. The journey from the city at midnight after a whole day walking around Prague will take a longer course...

2. As someone wrote before me pictures on their website are probably from the time when everything was new. In reality, looks a lot worse, seedy.

3. We had accommodation for one night only. During the day, after the check-in we noticed nothing special, only the threadbare furniture. When evening came, we could not believe what we saw. Bedbugs (Cimex lectularius) everywhere!!! . It made no sense to kill them , because we found them not just at the walls and the furniture but also living in our mattress!!! Something terrible...
It was exactly 11 p.m. but, fortunately, we caught receptionist leaving the desk. she responded exasperated, but she exchanged the room. Another room was without insects, so finally we slept well.

4. There is a football (soccer) stadium nearby.

Strongly not recommended due to lack of hygiene and insects.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank matusco
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 9 January 2010

We stayed here for the New Year Celebration and as the city was amazing, Pension 15 was somewhat of a disappointment. First of all it's quite far from the city center, about 30 min walk, so walking places becomes a little bit more difficult. It is in a dark and creepy neighborhood so I was always looking over my shoulder when walking through. The room was also not as clean as I was used to while in Europe. The futon couch was dirty with big noticeable stains on it, we ended up putting a couple of sheets on it and sleeping on it because the only other option was trying to squeeze two twin beds together. The people at the front desk were somewhat helpful. The woman attending the front desk when we arrived was a little impatient and not very pleasant but we never saw her after that, everyone else was very cool. All in all, I will be searching for different lodgings upon my next visit to Praha.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Me and my boyfriend stayed here April 09 for 3 nights and we loved it. The room was clean and had an amazing view over Prague. The shared bathroom was clean and always had hot water. It was a short walk into town, we booked on hostel.coma and got a good price. Overall great!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple