Pension 15
US$151
US$139
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe room was niceold townwenceslas squaretramkettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2012

It is my favourite budget accommodation in Prague, in my favourite and best district of Prague - Žižkov. Who did not visit Žižkov, he was not in Prague. There are dozens of pubs nearby where you can try all brands of famous Czech beers. Pension is located only 15 mins by foot from Main Railway Station and 40 mins by foot from Old Market Sqaure (for Hrad castle better take a tram). But be aware of very steep stairs (especially after >5 beers) and be aware of horrible behavior fellow tourist (especially young ones) who are screaming, singing and slamming doors and making your sleep impossible (as the previous contributors noticed).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

After two months travel in Europe, this is my first terrible review. Pension 15 is not a place to come if you want to sleep. The walls are so thin it sounds like people are in your room. The doors make loud slamming noises all night. My double room with two twins was so crammed that you can not walk between the beds. The beds are situated under a window with curtains that do not block out the bright street light. Seriously, it is like there is a light on all night in your room. The staff is overworked and cranky. Sure this place is pretty darn cheap but i've stayed in far better places than this for the same cost.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was suprised that this pension is about 15 mins from the main train station and it isn't so expensive. I spent only one night there because I flew to Prague and then went to visit my friends and family.
The hotel was quiet easy to find, my room had a window over the road but that wasn't so noisy.
The receptionist was very friendly and helpful, she showed me my room and the room where I have to go if I would like have a breakfast.
The woman who served breakfast was very friendly and I talked with her about 10 mins.
Unfortunately she didn't understand to guests who spoke English. :-(
The shower room was one on the floor and it was only one for women and men.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ivetulka
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have spent four days here. Took two weeks to recover form bed bug bites. Also the receptionist guy was extremely rude and unhelpful to one of the guests in my presence... I never will come back here again.

Room Tip: The street rooms are noisy. Also the corridor is noisy because of the traffic...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank zicdave79
Reviewed 8 September 2011

1. The hostel is on a slight hill, it means that the path from it to the Main railwaystation (Praha Hlavni nadrazi) takes 15 min. The journey from the city at midnight after a whole day walking around Prague will take a longer course...

2. As someone wrote before me pictures on their website are probably from the time when everything was new. In reality, looks a lot worse, seedy.

3. We had accommodation for one night only. During the day, after the check-in we noticed nothing special, only the threadbare furniture. When evening came, we could not believe what we saw. Bedbugs (Cimex lectularius) everywhere!!! . It made no sense to kill them , because we found them not just at the walls and the furniture but also living in our mattress!!! Something terrible...
It was exactly 11 p.m. but, fortunately, we caught receptionist leaving the desk. she responded exasperated, but she exchanged the room. Another room was without insects, so finally we slept well.

4. There is a football (soccer) stadium nearby.

Strongly not recommended due to lack of hygiene and insects.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple