“very good hostel”

Ranked #228 of 660 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Bratislava, Slovakia
“very good hostel”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

When looking for a cheap accomodation in Prague, this hostel is a very good choice. It is located in quiet street in Ziskov, 10 minutes walk from main train station, but it is little up to the hill. From the nearest tram sation it is 2 min walk. The trams will take you to the center in few minutes. In the rooms there is not much space and no wardrobe, but there is a washbasin. For six rooms there are showers and toilets on the floor, everything always clean. Breakfast are definitely worth the price of 3 euro. The staff is extremely nice and welcoming. I have very good experience with booking process, whole price was needed in advance, but I was travelling with a large group. Definitely will be back, when visiting Prague for a weekend low budget trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lubica K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 8 May 2014

First weekend of May 2014 was my second trip to Prague, first was in 2012.
I really liked this friendly, nice place first time as well, and decided to choose it again.
Though at the beginning of April they were fully book, they were very nice and helpful! In 2 days they wrote back to me, that there was a cancellation so I managed to book a room. I was very happy!
Rooms, even the common bathrooms are nice, very clean. Staff is also very friendly.
It is only a few tram stops far from the city center, one stop from the main train station, so it has a very good location.
If you are looking for a non-expensive accommodation, I can recommend this convenient place to stay :)
Cheers, Eve

Room Tip: I had relaxed nights on the 2nd and 3rd floor as well! Beds are very comfortable!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I visited this hostel several times in the past two years. It's close to the subway and close to Riegrovy sady park which is a great place to stroll and see the whole old town from up the hill. Also as a district - Zizkov has the biggest density of pubs in Europe - if you're into pubs and Czech beer.

Getting back to the hostel. The rooms are not that spacious - rather packed with beds to have more guests. The walls are thin so you can hear almost everything that's going on your floor. If it comes to the service - their knowledge of English is terrible most of the times and it's hard to communicate let alone negotiate anything. It's worthwhile to learn some basic words in Czech and come prepared after studying their website.

The toilets and showers are in good state - no problems here. The price for a room is one of the cheapest there is in that proximity to the city center and main train station. If you're on a budget and don't have high expectations you might be content with what you get. I've come back due to the price and I spent most of the time in the city during the day and part of the night.

Room Tip: Do not choose the room in the basement - it's spacious (with a very small window though) but the...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Location is close enough to city centre, but as young girls (20,21) it was nerve racking to walk down the street of the hostel at night. No body around and all abandoned buildings. We had a double room, shared bathrooms. It was only 14 euros each a night which is really cheap. Basically got what we paid for. Couldn't walk between the beds and it was boiling hot. Seems clean the first day but no one cleaned anything even the toilets the entire time we were there (4 days). Reception was fine and they do your laundry for you for 4 euros. Wouldn't stay again as did not feel safe at all. Very very loud in the mornings (beginning at 6am) walls are very thin !

• Stayed July 2013
Lodz, Poland
Reviewed 19 June 2013

After our arriving to the hostel we (my girlfriend and I) were asked to pay full price for two nights when we had booked it here on webside so we have paid 10 percent of the price already. The girl on the reception after explaining it to her kept us around 10 minutes to find our missing reservation but she did it whatever we were not the only one with this experince, you will find similar story below...

I am not a guy who needs too much to be happy but when I pay for something I want to be treat like a customer not like a crap (pardon my French ) but I just cannot find word to discribe this guy at the reception, his misbehaving simply insulted me rude and arogant apparently not feeling well with his life. It was the worst service since I remember.

PS The long hair guy from Pansion 15 if you are reading it you know who you are in my opinion. I would write it down but I didn't want this message to be delated.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I must say i really enjoyed this hostel. First of all it is located in a great neighborhood(very close to center, many restaurant and bars, quiet ) . Second of all, i did really like my room, (we were renting two-bed room) though beds were quite close to each other but it didn't bother me. It was quiet during night and also a lady at reception was very kind to us. ;) Bathroom and our room was very clean but there was no fridge in our room. All in all i do recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 25 October 2012

It is my favourite budget accommodation in Prague, in my favourite and best district of Prague - Žižkov. Who did not visit Žižkov, he was not in Prague. There are dozens of pubs nearby where you can try all brands of famous Czech beers. Pension is located only 15 mins by foot from Main Railway Station and 40 mins by foot from Old Market Sqaure (for Hrad castle better take a tram). But be aware of very steep stairs (especially after >5 beers) and be aware of horrible behavior fellow tourist (especially young ones) who are screaming, singing and slamming doors and making your sleep impossible (as the previous contributors noticed).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends