“Too much noise and unbelievable hot room”
Review of Ritchie's Hostel

Ritchie's Hostel
Ranked #164 of 691 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I travel a lot and always stay at hostels but I do not recommend this one for many reasons: if you stay in a room to the front, you will have too much noise from the street and if you stay in a room to the back, you will have machinery noise and also a terrible hot room. The hostel is dirty, there was a used band aid on the floor. There are many stairs and the key never works so you always have to go up and down the stairs to make it works.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MelinaCosta

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed at richies for a stag do from 22nd to 24 th march.We booked hostel side and when we arrived the guy in reception pavol ( who was excellent ) told us there had been a mistake and our room was double booked he upgraded us to the suite in the hotel side for no extra charge.The room was very large with everything you would need. The location was good close to shops the square and Charles bridge. Would recommend the ice bar it was brilliant .

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Leeb1
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I was there on March, spent one night. Shared my 10-beds dorm only with one person, so it was like private room. Good service at reception, the room was spacious and had it's own bathroom. For breakfast you should paid separately. Good location, near Charle's Bridge. I recommended this hostel for all.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2013

it is called a hostel and there are large rooms with many beds in them for sleeping. I didn't see them so I can't say anything about that. My son stayed in the single room with own toilet and bathroom, I stayed in the other hotel but visited him several times.It was not so cheap - his room cost about 65 Czk per night and what impressed me unpleasantely the receptionist tried to take from my son extra payment for breakfast (about 90 Czk per day) though in the confirmation about his reservation they promissed that the breakfast was included!).the room was located on the fifth floor. There is no lift at all and the staircase is winding and narrow. I was impressed that his room was separated from the part with reception and the safety was provided onle one door with electronic key. People often don't close this door at all and everybody from the street can get inside. There was not safe in the room and he had to take everything valuable with him everywhen. The breakfast was more or less, Wi-Fi only on the reception, and I was unpleasantely surprised that a receptionist was not attentive and helpful. I said about the breakfast at the arrival and at the departure we asked her to call the taxi. It was done without enthusiasm and the driver tried to take money twice more than the common price.So to sum up, the only advantage of this hotel is its location. 5 minutes to the Charl's Bridge and the same to the City Clock

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Svetlana_Jam
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The hostel was in a fantastic sightseeing location. Not only was it in the very popular location for bars, restaurants and sights, there were many trams and metro stops nearby. We were on the top floor, which was about 60 stairs up a curving and slippery stairway. The room was small, but had a private bathroom and was clean. The only downside was how loud the street below was at all times of the day. Even on the 4th floor and with the windows closed, you could hear everything that was going on below and the noise did not subside until after 4am each morning. The only other minor issue was that when we confirmed they said they took credit cards, but at check in told us that we needed to go get cash in order to check in. Also, says there is wifi, but it only works in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This place is perfect, staff is nice and helpful , everything is perfect. So I would definetely recommand this hotel!! We stayed there for 8 nights and we had a great experience. Plus there's a kitchen! And the room are confortabe and nicely decorated and surely perfectly clean. So for a nice vacation in Prague I think you must go to the ritchies!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2012

You know the main advantage of this hostel - its location. Sure it was perfect. Here are some less perfect points.
Sleeping quality - it depends on your luck. We lived near the reception area and almost every night there were loud talking there (not staff, other guests). 3 am, 4 am - any time. With thin walls it can be bothering, luckily I had earplugs. Also, noise from other rooms AND from air condition system (which was our view from the window by the way). Rooms are small but quite ok and clean. Though some hooks for street jackets or towels would have been appreciated.
Two times we experienced lack of hot water. I mean it was warm, but not enough for a comfortable shower.
Friendliness - well, I guess it was nice for Prague. Had no problems with booking (everything was fast and they kept in touch very well) and receiving our room. But they only tell you what you ask. Got cheated by the exchange point next door - I guess they could have bothered to warn when I asked about them. Be careful with exchange points and aways ask the sum you get BEFORE giving the money.
You can also find many printed tips in the lobby and get free maps there.
Despite many points I enjoyed staying in Prague and sure this hostel is perfectly located for exploring it but perhapst next time I will choose something else.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends