“Good hostel”

Dizzy Daisy Hostel Praha
Ranked #157 of 686 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Clean rooms, good stuff, and veeeeeery funny keychains on keys from rooms)))
not so far to the city center (20 minutes on foot)...
Really nice hostel with cheap prices, i'll recommend it for my friends)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Veta S

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed in this hostel August 12th to August 15th. The reception are very friendly and made us feel welcome. The kitchen and lounge room are nice. We were on the top floor and the only problem was the lift was slow but we didnt mind walking up. The room was big and clean (triple room). The beds were just normal beds and not really comfortable. We had wardrobes to hang clothes up and cupboards. The hostel isnt the best that I have stayed in but I had no complaints either. I would say 3/5 because there wasnt much atmosphere there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PhilBWFC
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Hostel open 24 hours on 24, always smiling and friendly staff, ready to find solutions to all problems! The atmosphere is friendly and very nice, everyone can talk to each other, people come from all over the world, great experience! It is clean, the staff is very cooperative and can speak in english which is a major plus point. We had free internet available in lounge room (pc station & wifi), but the wireless signal was bad even on the first floor.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mery_master
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed in Prague for 4 days and picked Dizzy Daisy because of its incredible prices for a private twin ensuite room, and its central location. Needless to say it was everything I expected and more. The room was clean, cool, and the shower was perfect. The staff were super friendly and helpful, even printing out information on markets we asked for on the last day. The location is ideal as it's not too loud but still easy enough to get around. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tiffanyk10
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I've spent two days in Dizzy Daisy and it certainly was a good choice. It feels like home from the very first moment, fast check-in, friendly reception and good common area, where you can hang out with other backpackers.
There is a shop nearby and they have their own kitchen so you don't have to eat out and can spend more money in the evenings drinking beer :)

It's a pity it's only opened during the summer, but still it's very good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank loscolores
Reviewed 1 September 2011

It feels like this used to be a sanatorium from the 30's. A big building with a gigantic hallway, with doors to all the rooms, on each floor. Probably about 3,50 meters to the ceiling. I booked, through Hostel World.com, one single private with bathroom en suite, but the room has two beds, two cupboards, two bedside lockers, two closets and a table with two chairs, so I presume I actually am in a double. CZK 789 per night including some kind of tourist tax of CZK 15 (per person and night). It's very simple and very clean. Everything is in good shape, no busted furniture or blinds. No stained sheets and no carpets. It's so simple you don't even have bedside lamps, though there is an over head light, but it is a harsh florescent light. The sheets are properly washed and ironed and are placed in a small pile on each bed for you to make yourself. At checkout you're supposed to bring them with you down to the reception. You are also supposed to sort your own trash into bigger bins in the hallway. The hostel tries to be as environmentally friendly as possible and are not including towels in the rooms. Though for guests like me who did check before arriving for sheets to be included, but not towels, they have towels for sale for CZK 100. I got an orange one they though suited me. The pillows are the only thing I'm not happy with. They are huge pillows stuffed in a small pillowcase and it makes the pillow hard and thick as a log. You might like that. I don't.
The bathroom has toilet paper. That's it. But it's clean and everything is in good shape. No cracks, holes or any pipes sticking out where they shouldn't. The water gets warm quickly and the pressure is perfect. The water is drinkable in Prague, but it tastes a lot of chlorine so I would recommend you to buy some bottled water for drinking.
The room I got, No 21 on the fourth floor, is facing the street, right above the entrance. I was sleeping with the window opened a bit, but was woken by the traffic on the bigger road passing the end of this street, pretty early in the morning. So for that reason I'm glad I brought some ear plugs. The guests of this hostel are quiet and respectful, and I haven't been disturbed by any neighboring rooms or from the hallway, so far. It is a mix of twenty-something's from all five continents, and some a bit older southern European men in groups of two or three. For some reason it feels like there are more male guests here, or it might just be me being so curious of them. There's always a small crowd hanging out on the sidewalk outside the entrance, drinking beer and talking in a very orderly manner, which I thought was surprising. I thought young adults hanging out at hostels in Prague would be somewhat more annoying. Maybe this is the week when all the well behaved people take their vacation. There are good prized beer available in the reception.
The common room is as small as the room I'm staying in. It's attached to the kitchen, which is even smaller. It's for the guest's use and you're allowed to use it at any time. There are free coffee and tea available too. So far I've just been in the common room in the morning for use of the free WiFi, at that time there has been a few people preparing and eating their breakfasts. There are two computers available also, and you just have to wait for you turn to use it. Very simple and practical.
The reception is always attended, 24-7, by service minded and friendly people. They can help you with, I believe, anything. Even closing that single hook at the back of the dress. They are tentative and really know what they are doing. Everything is in order and they always buzz you into the staircase and elevator which leads to the rooms. You leave your key at the reception every time you leave the hostel, and even though this is a big hostel, the people at the reception seems to remember your room No almost all the time. Maybe I'm just that "odd looking woman in room No 21". I don't know.
I highly recommend this place. I think it's a really reasonable price, though I'm just starting to use hostels on my travels. For the amount I pay I feel safe and welcomed. It's clean and have everything I need, except for a bedside lamps and thinner pillows.

Room Tip: A room not facing the street might be less disturbed by traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank skberg
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The hostel was really easy to find and we could easily walk there from the train station. The service was good and the rooms were clean and spacious. We stayed in a 3 bed room. There was no air conditioning which I personally didnt mind but the two boys travelling with me struggled to sleep. There was a supermarket just round the corner and all the sights were within walking distance. The kitchen was very small and not practical for the amount of people staying in the hostel. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here, it was comfortable and cheap. I would recommend staying here completely.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends