“Great hostel”
Review of Sir Toby's Hostel

Sir Toby's Hostel
Ranked #12 of 686 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great experience at this hostel. Although this is a little off the city centre and u need to take a tram to reach here, the staff and the ambience more than makes up for the distance... plus the tram stations are walking distance away so connectivity isnt really that big a problem... the bar is excellent and the breakfast spread was awesome too... good wifi connectivity and defnitiely worth a repeat visit...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

A friend recommended Sir Toby's Hostel to us so we gave it a try. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very nice staff member who was polite and offered a lot of helpful information.
We had a private room which was large, clean and came with tea/coffee facilities and a mini fridge
Unfortunately WiFi doesn't really work in the upstairs area. It was very hit and miss, however you don't visit Prague for the WiFi.
Breakfast was offered for the price of 120,- and was a serve yourself all you can eat style buffet. Bread, baguettes, pancakes, omlettes, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juices, muesli, jams and more were available.
Pricing was more than reasonable. My only real complaint was that the location was quite a fair way from the city, but there are trams nearby to help with that.

During our time here all of the staff were always easy to talk to and full of information about the area.
So many thanks to the staff of this great hostel for being so polite and helpful.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I loved my stay at Sir Toby's.

Well located (albeit a quick tram ride into the city).

All of the staff were super friendly and helpful.

The no umbrella tour was a highlight of my stay here.

Le Petit (private room) is fantastic!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Really helpful and friendly staff. Comfortable bed, nice hot showers and a decent size room for a 10 bed dorm with lockers below the bed to store your bags.Bar down stairs was cool and nice kitchen to. Close to tram, supermarkets and restaurants. The location was good its 10 min from the Centre of town and it was quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed in the 12 bed female-only dormitory for 2 nights. It was amazing. Comfortable beds, clean and spacious rooms, quiet area. My entire stay less than 10 euro (Maybe I went during an off-week?). It was stunningly cheap, and it was the best hostel I've ever been in.
The staff was absolutely great. Young, well-traveled, charismatic. They never made me feel like a nuisance when I asked them questions, and they were extremely helpful with their answers. The location is a little out of the way, but you can get into the city on public transportation in 10 minutes for less than a euro.
The only negative from my stay was that my room had skylights that seemed to lack blinds so the morning light made me wake up early every day. On the other hand, my room had SKYLIGHTS (how cool is that?) that kept me from wasting my mornings in Prague.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I loved the comfy bed and spacious room of the all female room :) The shower was great and we discovered the windows had blinds too; so that was convenient to make the room darker for not to wake up early in the morning because of the light
It was all very clean; and for the price I am more than satisfied! Fantastic kitchen downstairs too - with everything at our convenience; and a fantastic introduction by Nico
Thanks for making my first two days in Prague very comfortable and explaining things!!! Another plus is the daily card that was available for only 80Czech Crowns - all in all - a very good experience

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

As we arived in Prague one evening we took and addres of the first hostel on our list. Very quckly we were in the bar of is Sir Toby's hostel drinking welcome beer. This is a great hostel, very comfortable with good service and very nice kitchen.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Chris S, Owner at Sir Toby's Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear ANASail,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sir Toby's! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future. Have a great summer!

Chris