Sir Toby's Hostel
Priceline
US$71
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
US$167
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbar downstairs isbed dormcheap beercity centreeach guestold towngreat beerwell equipped kitchenenjoyed my stayshared bathroompublic transportcommon roomtram ridecommon areasquiet areacomputersbackpackers
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Sir Toby's was pleasant from the start. I visited here with my boyfriend and we stayed in Bueno (private room with en suite). It had a mini fridge as well as coffee and tea making facilities. However, the room was on the 5th floor, and the elevator only went to the 3rd floor.

The reception staff were pleasant and spoke English fluently, although one reception staff (Richard) was telling people that he did not recommend the attractions but did recommend his tour (highly unprofessional). Otherwise the maps and guidance provided were helpful in identifying popular local spots.

The bar downstairs was fairly calm, opening at 7 pm each night. It was secluded so the kitchen (fairly average) was not noisy, nor the area for hanging out.

Overall, Sir Toby's is a hostel that is excellent for a young traveler.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The staff at Sir Toby's are very friendly and always happy to give directions. The hostel is in a lovely old building with lots of charm. There were only two individual bathrooms on our level so it got busy in the morning and the hostel is also a fair distance from the old town so you have to get a tram in. Overall I liked this hostel and would happily stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What I loved most about Sir Toby's is the social atmosphere. There is a bar in the basement, which is great for getting to know other travelers. When I stayed they had a free BBQ dinner, which was great!!

I stayed in a private room at Sir Toby's. They are not as big as other private rooms I've stayed in, but decent. It is not in the greatest area of Prague, and a little far from the touristy area, but close to public transportation and the 24 Tram will take you into the city center.

We were very pleased with how friendly and helpful the staff are. Upon check-in, the front desk guy told us everything we needed to know about the city, transportation, the hostel, and things to do. We felt like the staff really genuinely cares about their visitors.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chicagosummer23
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The hostel is in kind of the "ghetto" part of Prague. I stepped off the bus and was very underwhelmed by how old everything looked (and not the good kind of old you expect Europe to be). However, the hostel itself is pretty amazing. The rooms have wood flooring and bed curtains and are very spacious. It felt like an actual room, not just a hostel room. Overall cleanliness was great. Breakfast is not included and is 120 CZK but the breakfast was pretty awesome - station for making eggs, pancakes, ham, cheese, various kinds of bread, and it was a buffet. They don't charge for internet use on computers which is great. I was even able to borrow a hair dryer from the front, free of charge. The only other downside to the hostel itself was the laundry - even if you follow the directions to a tee, it does not dry your clothes. Four attempts at drying and still somewhat damp. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jachukwu
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Went inter railing and this was the best hostel I stayed in. Staff are very very helpful, friendly, chatty and sociable. They went out of their way to make your stay at Sir Tobys the best it could be. We were allowed to sit in the bar until the early hours to drink, chat and play music. They provide everything you need for a good time, even free BBQs. I highly recommend this hostel

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends