“Excellent stay”
Review of Hotel Zamek Stirin

Hotel Zamek Stirin
Ranked #396 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed in the chateau Stirin just overnight. First we could enjoy a wonderful atmosphere of opera "La Traviata" in the chateau yard and then we stayed in a very lovely room with historical furniture and a very nice bathroom. In the morning we had an excellent breakfast on the terrace there. We felt like a princess!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jana M
hotelzamekstirin, Marketing assistent at Hotel Zamek Stirin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Jane,

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in The Chateau Štiřín and that you are satisfied with the performance of the opera La Traviata.
We would really appreciate if you come again to visit us.

Have a nice day,

Kind regards
Team of The Chateau Štiřín.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stayed here with my sweetie and we had the most wonderful time. The only ''flaw'' was that the hotel is rather far from the city, but the room wehad (in the castle part of the complex) was absolutely perfect! The room was so spacy, with a big cosy bed, two bathrooms, a beautiful view of the grounds. It was Christmas time and the whole place looked magical. The food in the hotel was really good. Perhaps a bit basic, but definitely enjoyable! The staff were friendly and kind, the place wonderfully clean. if you're going to Prague with your sweetie and you don't mind taking a half an hour ride on a bus (or a twenty minute ride in a taxi) to get to the city center, this is the place to stay. There's a certain romantic feel to this place...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lada1977
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I stayed at the Stirin due to a company venue. The castle and the grounds are beautiful, and I imagine it would be very nice for outdoor weddings and such in the summer. There is also a chapel on the property.
Food was good, breakfast very basic but the buffet lunches and dinners we had was above average.
I was not so impressed with the room. We stayed at the Salms Court building, in a twin room with two single beds. Walls were so thin we could hear people talking 3 rooms further down the hall, and there was no shower. Only a handshower in the tub but no hook to hang it on the wall. Felt like we stayed at a dormitory room, but it was clean though which is the most important I guess...
As other people have mentioned, the castle is in the middle of nowhere and it takes a while to get into the city of Prague, so don't go here unless you have a car.

Room Tip: Think the rooms in the castle has a more upscale style than the ones in the Salms court building whe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank elisaNorway
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have spent 3 days here because of a business trip. The room was in the Salm's Court (or House Salm), which is a wing, next to the main building, the chateau. You can park your car in front of the building. The building and the room are renewed, but both the doors and the floor were really noisy and cracking. I think in this building you can find rooms with two beds. These are well-equipped, but there is no iron. Wifi is available in the restaurant, in the rooms you can find a cable to use the free internet. Both the room and the bathroom were clean.

It is negative, that the walls were a little bit thin, and next to the beams there were some small gaps and you could see the lights from the next-door rooms.

These are quiet, park view rooms, but beware if you would like to let some fresh air inside, because you will have blood-sucker company during the night.

Breakfast is the continental one with some fresh, sweet bakeries. The restaurant is really worth it, we could eat very good dishes there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank davidabraham
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I am having a difficult time rating this hotel. It's an absolutely lovely place. It's in the middle of nowhere yet there is a bus stop at the main road. You either have to walk or get a taxi to get to the hotel if you're not driving. It's about a five to ten minute walk and you can call the hotel and have them arrange for a taxi to pick you up.

The reason it's difficult for me to rate is that the first room they gave me (room 7) was wonderful but dirty. There were wine glasses on a table with a half bottle of wine and the bed was messed up. The second room was on the ground floor and it was clean, but the carpet was old and dirty. It really needs new carpeting. There were two single beds, which looked small but the one bed was actually quite comfortable as was the pillow. The sheets were clean and the room felt clean. Although there was an empty shampoo bottle in the bathroom on the top of the wall divider and the shower floor felt gritty. The room looked as if it were a smoking room, because it had a huge ashtray. But I really didn't smell smoke and I'm sensitive to that.

The other thing was that even though I emailed the hotel a couple of times and called before I arrived, the the room wasn't ready. The main reason I went to this hotel was that it hosted a Ball. I had never been to one and was pretty excited about going. When I went to check in, there was no reservation made for me. Thankfully, they still had room.

These are things that I didn't like. I loved everything else. The staff spoke English and were very sweet and friendly. I wish there was a historian on site or got a tour of the castle. There's a chapel there and the one photo I saw looked amazing. The whole castle is filled with antiques. It's more of a man's man sort of hotel. It's not overly frilly but with the antiques, it made for a cozy environment.

Now the next thing I'm about to tell you may seem a bit strange. The second room I was in (room 1) was comfortable. However, I had difficult time trying to take pictures in some areas of the room. I tried to take a photo of myself all dressed up in my gown but the photo was either blurry or had these white orbs in the photo. I'm not sure if this is ghost activity or not, but I really had a hard time taking a photo in the front entrance of the room by the door. So, if you are a ghost hunter, maybe this is a place for you! If not, golfers or people looking for a romantic getaway may find this a perfect spot.

I should also mention that there is an indoor putting range (looked like a big screen TV). The bar is very rustic and has some interesting features. And the breakfast had a lot of things to choose from. Vegetarians and meat lovers will have no problem finding something good to eat for breakfast. And on a side note. There are ground floor rooms and although I didn't see any hand rails, I believe that it was handicap accessible. The sink in room 1 seemed a bit low and the shower was huge. The shower door opens inward and outward. There were also ramps to the restaurant where the Ball was.

All in all, I enjoyed my visit. I'm giving it a 4, because I really enjoy being there. I hope my next visit will be even better.

Room Tip: Room 7 is cozy and a little small. Great for a single person or a couple that likes to snuggle. Room...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Yep2Happy
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed here only for a weekend, it is nice chateua in queit place ideal for romantic stay.
Very large room and also bathroom, good breakfast and we recommend restaurant Atis which is near the main building in chateau area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Denisa P
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We were celebrating my husband’s birthday in the chateau Stirin and were excited about our stay there. We had a de-luxe room in the main building of the chateau – it was a good size room with historical furniture and a large very nice bathroom, comfortable beds, very comfortable and cozy. It is not “modern” style, but has an atmosphere! The restaurant has a great ambiance (fantastic architecture) and great very tasty food and vine! Also good service. We enjoyed the dinner and the evening very much. The chateau is awesome from the outside when you walk in the garden and to the park, it has large grounds and very pretty for a walk. The spa has two Jacuzzis – one large with colder water, one smaller with warm water, sauna and beds. Also very nice ambiance and architecture.

Room Tip: better to go for a de-luxe room - has a great bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank marketas12345
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prague
Praha 4
Nové Město (New Town)
Hilton Prague Old Town
Hilton Prague Old Town
#97 of 646 in Prague

Been to Hotel Zamek Stirin? Share your experiences!