“Convenient hotel in Prague”
Review of Petr

Petr
Ranked #246 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Bremerton, Washington
“Convenient hotel in Prague”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and found it very convenient. It is only 2 blocks from trams that are useful to go into central Prague. It is also close enough to walk to the Karl's Bridge. There are plenty of restaurants and pubs within walking distance as well. The facilities are clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank gailg543

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 15 November 2012

it is a very nice 3-star accommodation with kind service and good location.
Thank you very much for everything.
We had booked over a German operator and this booking included one free night. We stayed there for four nights. Every day we had there a good time. The staff was kind and helpful. I was in Prague for several times now and this was the best 3-star hotel regarding the complete offer. (price, services, location, staff, breakfast)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Our room at hotel Petr was spotlessly clean, comfortable, and above all value for money. The continental breakfast was good with a wide range to choose from and the staff were very helpful. It was in a quiet location next to Kinksy gardens and a brisk 20 minute walk from Charles Bridge. I would recommend it and I would stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in a three person room on the 3rd floor which although the single bed was a bit small was...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Cincinnati
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel is small, clean and located on a quiet street close to public transportation. The beds, typcial for Europe, were comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast buffet included eggs, a variety of breads, yogurts, cereals, fruit and more. Coffee and cocoa were plentiful and available beyond breakfast hours.
We had 4 wonderful days in Prague before learning that Hurricane Sandy had cancelled our flight into JFK. Everyone sprang into action, including Tomasz and the staff at Hotel Petr. They kept us informed about rescheduled flights and, at the time of our departure from the hotel (4:30 AM), had coffee ready in the lobby, our boarding passes printed, and two breakfasts ready and packaged for travel. Is it any wonder we are happy about the care and hospitality at the Hotel Petr?

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Marilyn210
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2012

My mother and I had a wonderful time in the Czech Republic with the Road Scholar Program. Tomasz the proprieter and all of the staff were wonderfully hospitable and welcoming. I slept very well in the comfortable bed and the towels were thick and soft. I really enjoyed the little tea set and hot pot and mini-fridge that was blissfully empty. One night my mother and I were not up to joining the group for dinner so we got snacks from the store and drank tea with the tea set and enjoyed our own company.
I also appreciated the fact that when I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door the housekeeping staff left my room alone. This is important to me because I believe that cleaning my room daily is a waste of time and energy. I would definitely recommend Hotel Petr to anyone wanting a good place to stay in Prague.

Room Tip: The rooms on my side of the hallway did not seem to have a very good wi-fi signal. I carried my mac...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Rachel V
Tulsa
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We've travelled Europe enough to know the hotels are unique and different than our cookie cutter American hotels. We find them fun and quirky usually however this one was one of our least favorites throughout Europe. While the location was great located in a quiet neighborhood and a 5-minute walk to the city train and another 5 mintes to great restaurants, this hotel didn't score high on two of my five measurables: comfort and charm (cleanliness, cost, and location are the other three and this hotel met these just fine).

When it came to comfort, the room was large. We had two twin beds pushed together for my husband and I, another twin bed against an adjacent wall and our second son on a cot at the end of our bed. This wasn't what we called a room with four beds - a cot doesn't count as a bed in my opinon. The beds were not the most comfortable and were more like camp or dorm room mattresses. My hips would be a little sore from laying on my side on the thin mattress. There was only a base sheet wrapped around the mattress and a small duvet folded on top to cover ourselves with - no top sheet, no blanket - and the duvet was small so if you wrapped it around you in the fetal position or didn't mind having either your upper body exposed, it worked fine but if you are like me and like a blanket that covers all of you while you are stretched out on your back, you'll not like this blanket situation. The bath was clean but the shower was small. When you enter, don't drop the soap or you'll have to step out to retrieve it. I did like the huge built in bureau outside the bathroom in the foyer of the room to store and hang clothes.Every room opens onto the stairs so there really is no escaping to a room at the end of the hallway to avoid the noise of people coming and going so be prepared and bring ear plugs.

On the charm factor, the room overlooked typical neighborhood buildings with laundry hanging from the window. Loved it but then again, we had no view of the city whatsoever and we were on display to at least 6 households at all times if the light blocking curtains were not drawn. The
carpet was a cousin to Velcro. Crispy to the touch and when I dropped my sweather, it actulally stuck to the carpet for a nanosecond. Paint was light lime and there was one small 11x14" flower photograph on the long 8 foot by 15 foot wall. This room needed an overhauling in charm. Change the color, get some art on the boring, blank walls, change the flooring, get some beds and not wooden bases to sleep in and this room would quickly becoming charming and a great find in the Prague area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank FunFilledFamily
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed in Petr for 6 nights. It's a nice hotel in a very good and quiet neighbourhood. It took for me only 15 minutes walk to get to the Old town and a little bit more to the Prague Castle. Staffs were really nice and helpful, and my room was good size and very clean.

The breakfast buffet was good (not the best) and unfortunately the breakfast room was a little bit crowed in morning with people who came with tour companies.

My only complain was that I didn't find any good beer hall near hotel, and I couldn't enjoy one last beer before going to bed!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo