Hotel Petr
Palac U Kocku(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$229
Travelocity
US$337
Official Site
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroad scholar programpublic transportationelevator stopsbetween floorshalf floorquiet streettwo twin beds pushed togethercharles bridgeshort blocksmini fridgeconcert ticketssmall tvhard boiled eggsrecommend hotelstayed here for a weekairport shuttlenice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

a nice hotel to spend some days in prague...not something extraordinary but clean and quiet!

anyway when you are in this beautiful city the last place you want to be is a hotel room...there are so many things to se outside!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed four nights in a double room, single use on the top floor. All in it was a very good choice for the money. I wanted to stay close enough to the tourist center that I could walk to all the main sites but didn't want to be in the fray. The Hotel Petr is in a great residential neighborhood well connected by metro, tram and bus. There were plenty of local options nearby (restaurants, bakeries, local stores to soak up local flavor). Although not my thing there was also a large shopping modern center about ten minutes walk away (Andel) where you could get the Metro and find a full supermarket if you forgot anything. The neighborhood was very safe (a few blocks from several consolates/embassies with two international elementary schools very nearby); I never felt uncomfortable walking home alone late in the evening or approaching the front door. I didn't have a car but I always saw free spots up and down the street of the hotel.

The room itself was pretty basic--about 125-150sf total with a good, efficiency bathroom that would have been plenty of room for two people. The sheets and towels were clean and crisp although the bed was covered with two single duvets+covers instead of top sheet for a double bed.The WiFi worked well; I didn't turn on the TV so don't know about reception. The view out the windows was of Prague rooftops--no landmarks in particular but plenty of sky. There was plenty of closet/storage space but a few extra hangers would have been nice. The room was plenty quiet--no noise from neighboring rooms or from outside.

The staff couldn't have been nicer. I needed some laundry done and it was not too expensive and delivered same day (quicker than I've seen in other European hotels). The breakfast looked not great so I skipped it in favor of going to local cafes and pastry shops.

The bus+tram in from the airport took about 35 minutes and couldn't have been easier. About six or seven trams go through the closest tram stop (about five minutes from the front door) so getting around was very easy. It was about a 25 minute walk to the Charles Bridge. If I went back I'd definitely stay here given the price/value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Orsino
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was our first stay in Prague, so I'm not sure how to compare this to other hotels from Prague. I definitely did not have the feeling of getting value for money. Maybe it's because the furniture felt outdated, some of the towels were grey, they needed replacement, and the windows did not shut completely - they let much of the outside noise come in the room. Because of this, I did not sleep well.
On the good side of things, the hotel is very well situated, close to Petrin Hill, close to the tram station, 10 minutes walk to the closest metro station, and 20 - 25 minutes walk to the Old Town and/or Charles Bridge. It's also very close to a Tesco super market and close to a Tesco hypermarket.
The staff did their jobs very well. Do not miss interpret the traditional Czech grumpiness, look instead at the quality of service, which is very good.
Breakfast is just O.K. No pros, no cons.

Next time in Prague, I would look for an alternative to this hotel, because we felt like we spent too much for what we got; however, we would not have a big problem in staying here again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for three nights in April. It's a very charming building with tall doors and windows- very nice to feel like you're actually in Prague instead of a modern room that could be anywhere. The rooms are a little dated, but surprisingly we had the best sleep of our entire trip there! Everything was clean enough- we are not very picky people. No pest of any kind and no mold. The location was great- close to restaurants and just two blocks from a main bus stop that took you to the city center in about 10 mins. The wifi was excellent- although they may be based on where our room was from reading the other comments. The staff was friendly enough. Breakfast was a bit below average so we didn't eat too much of it. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Prague!

Room Tip: Lower floor facing the street had great wifi!
Reviewed 29 April 2014

* the breakfast didnt have a lot of items, but it is good anyway :)
* Be sure to read the "hotel rules and regulations" manual, you'll find this in your room. It's not all RULES. We didn't care to read this at first, but turned out, they had a write up here of the places to see which is very helpful for tourists, it had directions, which trains/trams to take, etc.,

Don't forget to bring slippers, I'm not sure if this goes for all their rooms, but the carpet in my room is not ok, it felt dirty, bed didn't feel clean either. When I booked, noted that there's wifi and airconditioning. Though the room did have AC, you'll have to pay extra if you will use this. So we just opened the windows, good thing it was still cold then. Quiet neighborhood, so opening the windows seemed ok? :)

Overall, didn't like the room, makes me wonder how they got the tripadvisor 2012 sticker :) Redeeming quality of this hotel, the breakfast. Would I recommend friends to stay here? Maybe not.