“Enjoy Prague”

Mamaison Residence Belgicka Prague
Ranked #126 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and enjoyed every visit. The staff is professional, friendly and extremely helpful. The residential area around the hotel has a number of nice small shops and a large number of excellent cafes and restaurants. Trams and the metro are close by. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Prague!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Eva S, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Belgicka Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Valued traveller,
Thank you very much for your nice review of on behalf of Mamaison Residence Belgicka I would like to thank you for publishing review on TripAdvisor.com. We are delighted to see your satisfaction with services, cleanliness, as well as staff attitude towards you - our guests.
We look forward to welcome you in our beautiful city again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good hotel but...I agree with what everybody has said re amenities and location but the toilet is separate from the shower. The bath tub is too high and not user friendly for older people or children because the side is too high to climb over. I slipped getting out of the shower/tub and had a bad fall when I stepped on the dry towel on the slippery tiled floor. Angela from Sarasota, Florida.May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela D

Dear valued traveller,

Separated restrooms are advantage for residential accommodation as we provide.
Disposition of our rooms correspond with accommodation standard within our accommodation level. Despite we are very sorry for your accident.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Great. We cannot say differently.
This hotel is extremely clean, calm and the staff is very nice and efficient.
The room are very spacious and entirely equipped with a full kitchen and a bath. There even were an iron !
We almost felt like we were home.
The 2 negative points I can see :
- No AC : nights can be hot even in spring.
- Far from the city center but at 6 minute walk from Namesti Miru station.

Stayed: May 2014
Eva S, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Belgicka Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear valued traveller,
We would like to express our sincere thank you for posting a review of on behalf of Mamaison Residence Belgicka. I would like to thank you for publishing review on TripAdvisor.com. We value your experience and willingness to share it with other possible travellers. We are glad to see you have enjoyed the Residence and felt warm and welcomed.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Mamaison is a wonderful hotel, the rooms are decent sized and come with a kitchenette (although not used it would be useful if you stayed for a longer period) including dishwasher, fridge-freezer, hob, microwave and all the cutlery you might need too.

The bed is possibly the most comfortable I have ever slept in and it is very peaceful in this area of Prague.

The staff are considerate, helpful and flexible to your needs. For example, the receptionist helped us navigate to attractions on numerous occasions and was always available to help. On the final day, nursing a gigantic hangover, the manager even allowed us to check-out whenever we wanted without any additional cost. Considering how much the extra sleep was needed, I couldn't have been more thankful!

The breakfast is simple but fresh and delicious. The coffee and croissants are particularly good.

The only help I can think to add that they do not include (with their hotel booking confirmation) is that there are no walking directions to the hotel from the nearest metro stop. Although they tell you exactly which bus and metro line to take to get nearby we ended up getting a bit lost on the final "2 minute walk" which took us a while longer in the end! Once you know where to go it really is only 2 minutes from the metro. The hotel is also close enough to walk to the Old Quarter despite what some other reviewers have said, it takes about 20-25 minutes to the Astronomical Clock and around 40 minutes to get to Prague Castle. The walk to town is also very nice and leisurely (walk down Wenceslas Square).

HINT: If you are looking for a staggeringly cheap bar nearby, turn right out of the hotel and walk down the road for a minute until you are opposite the cafe and you will find a bar opposite which is homely and full of locals drinking great beer for around 90p. It is also open until the early hours.

Room Tip: Ours didn't have a separate lounge and bedroom area (room 16) but room 15 did. Ask for a room wi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear valued traveler,
We would like to express our sincere thank you for posting a review of on behalf of Mamaison Residence Belgicka. I would like to thank you for publishing review on TripAdvisor.com. We value your experience and willingness to share it with other possible travelers. We are glad to see you have enjoyed the Residence and felt warm and welcomed.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My family rented two apartments. They were complete, wide, comfortable, with all you need to feel at home in Prague and enjoy that beatiful city, in only two quarters from subway. Quiet neighborhood, safe, little bit far from Old town but special for those who wanna feel part of Prague for a while. I really loved it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Eva S, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Belgicka Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located in Prague 2 and is just 10 minutes walk from the I.P.Pavlova metro stop or 5 minutes from the Namesti Miru tram stop. You could quite easily take a leisurely walk into the City Centre, but we preferred to use the frequent public transport system. You can buy a 3 day pass from tourist information (and a few other points) for around £10 which entitles you to use the tram, bus and metro systems as much as you like. The 22 tram from Namesti Miru was great as it takes you directly into the City - and also onwards over to Prague Castle, saving you a good walk uphill !

Anyway, back to the hotel. Lovely building, great, well appointed, airy rooms, friendly and helpful staff and a lovely (if a little small) reception area. The free wi-fi was fast and more than suitable for our purposes.

The only niggle is that bath in the room was very high. Those with limited mobility my struggle to get in and out of it easily.

All in all, a place we would recommend for a stay in Prague. We would happily return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Eva S, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Belgicka Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear valued traveller,
On behalf of Mamaison Residence Belgicka I would like to thank you for publishing review on TripAdvisor.com. We are more than happy to read your overall satisfaction with rooms and beds as well as staff that we truly are very proud of. We look forward to possibly welcome you in our beautiful city again.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Wizzing around Europe alone to see different sites I've found it difficult to get high quality place to stay whilst remaining in budget... This place is great value and nothing but budget!

Checking in, the places doesn't look appealing... However once the electric door swings open there is a small water feature running down some steps to greet you!

You enter reception to warm and welcoming greeting with multi language staff... And quick and efficient service with my room ready immediately!

What I saw once I opened my door was a beautifully decorated, well equipped clean room! It completely was not as expected...! There was a toilet, separate bathroom, living area with kitchen and good size bed in the bedroom. The kitchen had dishwasher, kettle, toaster, fridge, freezer, hobs and enough pots and pans, plates and cutlery.

Nothing here was not luxury, they even had wood quality toiletries!

Every-time I spoke to the staff it was like nothing was too much trouble! There was a mini bar service which offer beers, snacks and wine.

There was also items for sale such as, toothpaste, toothbrushes and washing powder!

There was free to use facilities including washing machine and tumble dryer - very handy when moving around the place!

The venue is only a 15 minute walk into town... And it's very simple... Basically follow the road for 10 mins and turn right to the national museum!

If I was to make one change, I would advise a hand rail near the bath as it's quite a step up and out of the shower... But for me it was fine!

Good luck to the trainee who checked me out... She gonna be great, very polite and even said sorry for her poor English... Which was far far better than my Czech! Ha

Visit this place and live in a little luxury... I'm still relaxing here while I type in the lobby using the very good free WiFi!! ;-)

5 stars!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Eva S, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Belgicka Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Valued traveller,

Thank you very much for your nice review of on behalf of Mamaison Residence Belgicka I would like to thank you for publishing review on TripAdvisor.com. We are delighted to see your satisfaction with services, cleanliness, as well as staff that we truly are very proud of. We look forward to possibly welcome you in our beautiful city again.