“Impressed by the service!”

Hotel Leonardo Prague
Ranked #59 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Impressed by the service!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

They really do care about you at Hotel Leonardo Prague. I appreciated this after experiencing other not so good four star hotels.

I can highly recommend this hotel to visitors because of the quality of the service and the comfort of the rooms.

I had the duplex suite looking - sort of - at the Prague castle and it was very cozy. The only issue was the possibly existing AC did not really work for me so it only cooled down finally at night. Also another thing, the guests before me left the window open during their stay so a bunch of little spiders and flies found their way into my room. But, the reception and maid service was happy to take care of it for me.

The Friday night music was very nice and I enjoyed tea while listening to them. They were two male guitarists.

The hotel has a great location and it's down a quiet street. I had no issues with noise.

Again, the staff really impressed me with their service between transporting my bags, carrying my bags, showing me my room, and checking in with me about my stay throughout my stay as I would pass through the lobby.

I will definitely stay here again in the future. Thank you Hotel Leonardo Prague.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank travelnutt1
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Great to hear we made up for all the other not so good 4 star hotels during your trip. We try to deliver best possible service here in Prague and it is great to hear we did just that during your trip to Prague. I am sorry to hear about some spiders around the building, they seem to love us as well and you will not believe what all we do every day to get them move somewhere else and they keep coming back. Now in summer we do have a BBQ evenings with live music on Fridays and I am happy you did like their performance as well. We hope to welcome you back again and please let us know directly so we can take a great care of you again or book directly over our website for best deals.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is a 5 minute walk to the old town square and a 2 minute walk to the Charles bridge. The rooms are not fancy, but very comfortable with great showers, nice towels and plenty of space. A great breakfast is included, with a lot of choice and the empolyess provide good service and have the small things (umbrellas to borrow, set up a ride to the airport, newspapers) to make your stay comfortable. The A/C in our first room did not work (and it was 90 degrees outside) and we had to strong arm them a bit to get our room changed--that was the only downside of the stay.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are loud as they overlook the street by the river, ask for one on the street side
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and your great feedback about our hotel here in Prague. We are pleased with my team we did make your stay enjoyable. I am sorry you experienced a problem with our AC system. We did experience quite unusual temperatures recently and this is what might have affected the output of it. Thank you for letting us know.
Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We just got back from our stay in Prague. I am so glad I booked this hotel. I did a lot of research before I booked and I couldn't have made a better choice. I booked my room directly with the hotel and in one of my emails I mentioned that we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. When we got to the room there was a hand written note congratulating us on our anniversary and a bottle of champagne on ice.

The room (304?) was a good size and overlooked the courtyard. It was very quiet even though most of the rooms on the floor had people staying in it. We had good WiFi reception in our room.

We didn't have any problems with not getting a seat for breakfast. we went several different times in the morning and never had a problem. They serve a wide verity of food so no one should leave there hungry.

Make sure you book your transfer from the airport through the hotel. They have drivers that work for the hotel and all were very friendly. You can have them add it to your room bill if you don't want to pay in cash.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and your great feedback about our hotel. We are pleased with my team we did make your stay enjoyable and we passed the comment about our drivers to our limo team as well.
Felpham
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Thank you to you all for providing us with such an excellent visit to your lovely hotel. You made us feel really welcome. The location was very good - we were able to walk to all the major sights. Our room was spacious, spotless and quiet, the breakfast was delicious. Please ensure that everyone goes to the Classical Organ Concert in St. Giles Church. It was first class ! All in all we had a most enjoyable stay in Prague and wish we could have stayed longer with you.

Room Tip: Room 259 suited us very well. Quiet and spacious.
1 Thank jillhayward
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about Hotel Leonardo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our boutique hotel here in Prague and you did enjoy the style of our hotel and the location, which I do agree is truly unique.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Prime location. Short walk to major sights. Near Charles Bridge. Got a terrific room with a river and castle view. Double windows insulated against street noise. Very friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful breakfast included.

Room Tip: Our room looked out at river and castle. That really made our stay special. Also, room was good si...
1 Thank BetteAnnMarie
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Prague. I agree with you that our Castle View rooms are very special with that great view of Prague Castle and are truly my favorite as well. Best regards to sunny California!
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The location is good, the breakfast is typical except there is a better selection of fruit. The front desk staff are very helpful. We stayed in room 402 and the air circulation was poor (a fan was provided), two tiny windows at ceiling height provided some natural light, the slanting ceiling meant you could not sit on the bed to read, I'd asked for a twin room but this room has a king sized bed. I hadn't really planned on sharing a bed. If you are offered room 402 look at other hotels before you decide.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 402 and I would not recommend it. Poor air circulation, two tiny windows at ceilin...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us during your last trip to Prague. Our hotel is located in a historical building and as such we can say that all our rooms are very different in terms of look and size. Room 402 is a little bit on the smaller side, but personally I find it very cozy. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy it as much as we would hope to. We always suggest to all our guests to book us directly through our website as this way we have a direct control of the reservation and can react to any special request and I would like all future guests to let us know ahead shall they have any bed preferences. Once again, we truly appreciate your feedback.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Leonardo in Prague is an elegant and beautiful boutique hotel nestled in a small, quiet street minutes from Charles Bridge. Hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortably large.

The location: Fabulous! It's a 10 minute walk to all the major attractions. Couple of nice restaurants and bars in the same street. Hemingways Bar is literally 6 steps from the hotel.

We stayed in the Junior Suite overlooking the courtyard. Tucked away as it is, not a sound filters in during the night. The AC works overtime - we kept having to turn it down as it could get freezing!

Breakfast was great. Nice selection of cold cuts, cereals, eggs (on order at no extra cost), coffee and teas.

Staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Perhaps the only word of caution would be to young travellers. I felt that this was a hotel that appealed to an older section of people.

Overall, it was a fabulous stay! Special thanks and mention to Frantisek (both of them!) and Miroslav!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments about our team and your stay in Prague. Frantisek is our guest services manager and his job is to look out for any specific requests guest might have so it is great to hear he provided you with great great service.