Hotel Leonardo Prague
US$220
US$207
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Vienna House Diplomat Prague(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$116
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Art Nouveau Palace Hotel(Prague)
US$259
US$242
US$175
US$164
2,548 results
All reviewscharles bridgeold towncastle viewgreat hoteljunior suiteperfect locationsmall kitchenettequiet streetwithin walking distancethe hotel staffhotel restaurantexcellent breakfastfew minutes walkwould highly recommend this hotelmain attractionsfour nightsbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2010

This is a beautiful hotel - modern public areas and traditional but pretty bedrooms. I found Prague very expensive - now that we are almost on par with the Euro it is more obvious. There are good local restaurants nearby and a lovely little bar - seek these out as they will save you a huge amount of money. The staff in the hotel are very friendly and obliging and I can happily recommend it as a fine hotel. Prague is the most exquisite city I have ever visited - just a collection of brilliant photo opportunities.

One caution - if you book through Booking.com be careful! We knew that the cost of this hotel was taken straight away and had no problem with that as it was made clear. We have just booked a trip to Amsterdam through Booking.com and although their home page for the hotel stated that you could cancel up to 24 hours before at no cost, in fact the hotel took the full amount immediately. I have a health issue so this is why we use this company, on the understanding that cancellation is possible. Their attitude has ben less than helpful.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2010

One much enjoyed week in the Leonardo hotel in a comfortable room, at a reasonable price. Most special was the attention from the personnel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
hotelleonardo, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2010

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am glad you had so much fun in Prague and Hotel Leonardo!

Reviewed 29 January 2010

Tips - if you choose to stay here, avoid rooms on the river side if you mind traffic noise, and for more aesthetic decor ask for a beamed room on the upper floors. If you like cocktails and spirits, visit the lovely new Hemingway Bar, Karoliny Svetle 26, just across the road to the left. Excellent range of spirits, both local and foreign. (Nothing to do with the hotel, but so close.)

Our first room, a so-called 'junior suite' with castle/river view, was very noisy - traffic all night on the busy road and tramway between the hotel and the river, also frolicking and yelling stag night Brits on the footpath under our windows at 3am. We were moved without question, but also without sympathy, and two members of staff told me on separate occasions that no one had ever complained about noise before. (A little sympathy and maybe even a smile would have diffused everything.)

The first room was such a disappointment after rave reviews on Tripadvisor. It was huge, high-ceilinged, but very dowdy, the furniture all out of proportion. We had a good laugh about the ancient sofa, whose many springs jiggled and wiggled beneath us - but ultimately we sat on the floor. The wardrobe was an ancient rattletrap, the pictures naff and far too small for the huge wall spaces - better no pictures at all. The curtains were slightly off the rails, difficult to close properly and not light-excluding as they were fitted inside the casement. There are bright streetlights right outside, so this mattered. The bed was OK. Be tempted by a 'junior suite' with jaccuzi bath (very long) only if you are tall - very uncomfortable for a short person. I love baths, read in them, revise in them, but I gave up on this one. We'd have made the most of it (imagining that all rooms were like this) if it had not been for the noise. This is the first time I had ever complained about a hotel room. If I had not met with lack of sympathy over lack of sleep I would not have mentioined the decor - but when I did I was again told that no one had ever complained about the decor before either.

Our second room faced inwards and was quiet. It was better, decor wise, much smaller, supposedly also a junior suite - but I think by this they mean (in the case of this room) just enough space at the end of the bed to put a little table and two little armchairs. The bathroom was small and had a shower but no bath. Furniture here was cheap, but the melamine wardrobe at least opened and closed properly.

On the positive side, breakfast is good - not perfect, but there were enough really good things to make up an excellent breakfast: good scambled egg, nice plain yoghurt, fresh grapefruit and fresh fruit salad (as well as tinned), a wonderful array of nuts, seeds and dried fruits to add to cereal. Juices OK, coffee and tea not good (we chose to do witout on the second day), meats, fishes and cheeses not great, bakery good and jams and honey nicely presented in big jars. Breakfast is in a lovely stone arched cellar. However, the music here (as in the bar and restaurant) is loud and intrusive.

Also positive: good lifts, it was clean, staff were attentive even if unsmiley and less than sympathetic, good, free interent access, hot water, central heating efficient even on the 'coldest night of the winter'.

We did not eat in the restaurant. Negative again, advice on restaurants and tourism from the reception proved unhelpful - in one case a disappointing meal, in another a long goose-chase in the snow!

We looked at some other hotels for next time - we called in and were given tours or allowed to look. We would definitely stay on the other side of the river, the castle side. On a budget, we would stay at Hotel Pinot, Misenska 8, just by the Charles Bridge. The Vinograf wine bar next door, part of the hotel, has very well-selected wines, both local and foreign, and nice, simple nibbles. If we could afford it, the Alchemist Hotel & Spa is sooo wonderful. Our best meals were at La Degustation (modern, excellent, and excellent wines) and Mlejnice, in Kozna 14 (old, atmospheric, great rustic food).

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
hotelleonardo, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2010

Thank you for your exhausting feedback. I appreciate you take the time for letting us know about your stay. I received your comment card as well, unfortunately did not have your email address so I can address those issues with you personally. I am sorry the room was noisy for you. The majority of furniture in the rooms is in fact original and I am sad to see you did not like it as most of our guests do as you commented on other reviews. Please accept my apology if you felt my staff did not treat you with enough empathy. This should not happen and will be addressed appropriately. I am sorry to hear overall you did not enjoy the hotel as much as we would like you to and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 11 January 2010

Have stayed in the hotel for a week during the NY. I could hardly find anyhthing that could have disappointed even a picky person. We arrived shortly after 10 am and were checked in thouhg the check in hour 2 pm. The rooms were cleaned promptly after we left the irrespective of the time - and it could equally be 10 am and 4 pm. The location per se deserves its merits - virtually everywhere in Praha 1 (except for Mala Strana) we could have reached within 10 mins of walking. In a nutshell the summary will be "great place" and would strongly recommend it to someone who is looking for a small cozy hotel in Prague.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
hotelleonardo, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2010

Thank you for your kind words! We try to make it a standard to check you in anytime the room is available and I am glad you enjoyed our location!

Reviewed 10 January 2010

We ended up staying in a huge suite for about $90 a night. The place is centrally located only a block away from the river and about four blocks to Charles Bridge. Breakfast included a delicious build your own müesli.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

I am glad to hear you liked our breakfast as well as the healthy chooices we offer to our guests! Thank you for your kind words about Hotel Leonardo and safe travels!