“Good location, great room, helpful staff...and a resonable price too”

Hotel Leonardo Prague
Ranked #57 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Bucharest
“Good location, great room, helpful staff...and a resonable price too”
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I went in Prague for Valentine`s Day with my boyfriend and stayed at this hotel. It looks very good inside, it`s classy. We first had a room with a broken heat sistem and it was very very cold. The staff there presented other room for us and that was even better than the first one, at the same price. It had even a small kitchen, a small living room, and the bedroom was suspended over half of the livingroom. It was very very romantic. We really enjoied our stay and we would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
hotelleonardo, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, 1 August 2010
Thank you for your kind comments, I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Leonardo!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The hotel location is perfect and the morning buffett breakfast about the best I have seen. The front desk staff is very friendly, multi-lingual and accomodating. Terrace service a bit lackluster and food was just OK. The larger Jr. Suite with kitchenette was nice, on a high floor and quiet....but was not efficiently cooled by a/c that is stuck on low - would not meet a USA or Mid-east expectation for 'cool', ask for an additional fan. I hired Miroslav, the driver from airport to hotel, for a day trip to Karlovy Vary, nice day out of the city.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
hotelleonardo, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
Thank you for your comments and I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately we have been suffering heat waves around 35C and for that our AC was not able to catch up and I apologize for that. Safe travels!
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed at Hotel Leonardo for one week in July 2010 and found the hotel to be a perfect point of departure for exploring Prague's Old Town as well as Malá Strana, Josefov and the New Town. You'll find everything at a (beautiful) walking-distance.

The service at the hotel is excellent, the staff is really helpful. The breakfast needs to be mentioned as well, it's superb.

Our room was a "loft room", the bed and TV was upstairs. This was nice and cosy, but hot. The AC downstairs and the fan upstairs wasn't enough this really hot week with high temperatures (35 C+).

The cleaning of the room could have been better; it was somewhat dusty here and there.

We were also a bit disappointed that the dog Maya wasn't around. ;-)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
I am very proud to hear so great comments about Hotel Leonardo and mostly about my team. Thank you for your visit at Hotel Leonardo!
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Nice charming hotel in a great location right by the Charles Bridge. We have booked the river suite and had incredible view of the castle. The room was very large and had a nice jacuzzi as well. The hotel staff was very friendly, the hotel had also a very nice breakfast.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind feedback!
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Stayed in Prague for 10 days between two hotels and 22 nights in Europe in 6 different four star hotels. This was the worst of the two hotels and of any of the hotels in Europe I stayed in and I'm glad I only stayed at it for three nights. When I went into the room it was very stuffy and very hot! They would not turn on the air conditioning. The first front desk person just handed me a desktop fan and told me that the a/c was not working. Couldn't open the windows due to the heavy rain so I had a very uncomfortable night of sleep. The next morning I went down to the front desk and the lady tells me that they don't turn the A/C on unless it reaches a certain temperature. Not what I expect at a four star hotel...That's Europe, I guess... Other than that, the staff wasn't overly friendly in regards to helping me or my wife with sites or transportation. The beds were not very comfortable and since you had to have the windows open, you could hear all the street noise.. The location is very close to the Charles bridge but isn't in the nicest part of Prague.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
hotelleonardo, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, 7 July 2010
I am sorry to hear you thought your stay was not great. We have had a long period of heat waves in Prague recently, however our A/C is on most of the time. As with majority of buildings, the unit switches off when temperature outside goes below about 16°C. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback!
Lahti
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I've travelled quite a lot and always found it hard to sleep in a city center - country boy as I am and used to quietness. But my single room in Leonardo was 100 % quiet! Hotel's location is superb, quiet street close to everything in Prague. Staff is very friendly and professional, breakfast very, very plentyfull and good served at an old charming basement. Did not eat at the restaurant, so can't comment on that.

When I'll go to Prague again, I'll stay at Leonardo. And an extra thanks to their driver that took me to the airport!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank FinnMale
hotelleonardo, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, 5 July 2010
Thank you for your great comments! I am glad you liked your stay with us and enjoyed our drivers and pick up service as well!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 June 2010

The Leonardo has many things to recommend it: great location, attractive rooms (some with kitchenettes), free internet throughout hotel, breakfast included with room price. But we were frustrated and then angered by the selective and sometimes dishonest information & services we got whenever we tried to make arrangements through the hotel staff. We'd ask for a taxi but instead they'd call a private driver who charged us twice what a taxi would have cost. When we asked them to book our shuttle to the airport they'd only arrange their own driver for four times the price of the shuttle we finally booked ourselves. Asked about a day trip to the country, they told us it was six hours round trip unless we let them arrange an expensive private tour; then we found out it was only an hour by train. Some of the staff were lovely, but others were downright rude, particularly in the restaurant. And the realization that we were being taken advantage of at every opportunity left a very bad taste in our mouths.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
hotelleonardo, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, 2 July 2010
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry to hear you felt we were trying to take advantage of you, which I am certain was not our intention. In general we do recommend a limo company we work with as they have high service standards and you are right they cost a little more then a taxi. Unfortunately we still see many guests complaining about price of outside taxi. I have passed your comments to our Front Office Manager to discuss your comments with his team. I hope overall you did enjoy your stay.