“WOW”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
House at the Big Boot
Ranked #2 of 365 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The customer service was stupendous. Jakub was absolutely wonderful. We stayed with our three children and he was so welcoming. The food was great and the art throughout the hotel was breathtaking. The proximity to Old Town makes a huge difference. Be prepared to have your car checked as the hotel is across the street from the German Embassy and the down the street from the US Embassy. This place is a definite must when visiting Prague.

Room Tip: Contact Jakub directly by email. He was very accommodating.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael R

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Thanks Jakub & Jan. Very nice house, super location, charming and friendly welcome, nice view of the castle from our little terrace in room 26. We could not have been happier, wishing you the best of luck for the summer. Cheers, Nick

Room Tip: I think the rooms are priced differently so I presume the more you pay, the better the room/view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barneyDublin
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is the second time our family has stayed here. The house maintains the look and feel of the 500 year old building with some modern updates. The location provides easy access to the Castle, Little Quarter and Old Town. The hosts are very helpful and eager to help you have a fantastic visit. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I intiially found this hotel as a recommendation in a Rick Steve's travel book. Although his explanation in the book is apt it does not fully describe how wonderful the family and staff treat you upon your arrival all the way up to your departure. Jakub sat us down upon our arrival and "mapped" out the highlights of Prague and gave us absolutely fabulous recommendations for restaurants. The B & B is located in a neighborhood inhabited by locals which is what I prefer when I travel. Our room was beautifully appointed - very comfortable, clean and plenty of space for two females! Breakfast was made to our preferences every morning. The family truly helped to make our stay in Prague an unforgettable experience. I highly recommend this B & B if you plan on visiting Prague.

Room Tip: Tell Jakub what your preferences are and he will accommodate!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nancy0729
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The House at the Big Boot is a wonderful B&B in Prague. Very close to the palace and within walking distance of all the main tourist attractions. Our room was quite large and very comfortable. The greeting upon arrival is a highlight. You are met with a friendly hello and then given a map and all the highlights are pointed out for you. You get insider information on great restaurants in the local area as well as attractions not to miss while touring. You can start your day off with a great breakfast to include eggs made to order. We had an amazing weekend in Prague!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry H
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I chose this B & B based on the TA reviews and I was very impressed - from the personal attention I got - being picked up from the train station by the owner to the quiet location in a beautiful old neighbourhood just 5 minutes walk uphill to the Castle. My first day, Hans gave me walking directions to the castle on a route less travelled through tiny cobble-stoned streets, amazing views and colourful houses. When I got to the castle, it was pretty busy but comfortable. I wrote home that it was like being in a medieval town. The next day, I walked over to the \old town and couldn't believe how crowded it was. I'm so happy I chose this location to stay. Quiet, peaceful, close to everything and very secure. The German embassy is across the street and the US embassy just down the block. and my room! Wonderful! On entering the room in this original, lovingly restored building, I was in a little entryway/hallway with doors to my bedroom and washroom. I was really pleased with the accommodations. The only thing missing was a TV but as Jacob said, they felt it would detract from the authentic experience - and they were right. Being alone, I relied on my hosts to make reservations/arrangements for me and they provided excellent service to me. Just loved this place and highly recommend it! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sanspen
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The location is incredible. The service and attention from the staff and owners is superb and room was clean and well suited. Jan and Jacob are both very helpful and informative about dining and sights. We had been to Prague before, but it was helpful to have "insider" and "locals" knowledge about the city. The only thing we think could improve or might need changing is the breakfast options, which were quite suitable and delicious, we would have preferred a little more variety. It is entirely possible there was more options and we didn't know to ask .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple